• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Milchjon

I want real life to be cool.

Fight escapism.

(Says the guy spending most of his days reading about stuff several thousand miles and/or several thousand dollars away from him...)

Godslay

Banned
I don't think the mobile space will have the power to do the graphical fidelity people want from virtual worlds any time soon.

Same reason Nintendo consoles won't be able to do it! Watts!

AR is very likely, but I can't say I'm super excited about it. I'm sure there'll be some cool uses for it. I would like to have heat vision, so the moment they can do that I'm in.

Desktop will always be better due to not having to face size and power constraints, but in reality the best solution will utilize mobile phones. Or be mobile in general.

Note 4 and Gear VR is a start. I'd like to see that grow rather than being tethered to a desktop.

Ideally VR with a pass through would be nice as a hybrid of VR/AR.

Either way I'm excited to see it grow.

I want 5 on 5 Madden VR with each person controlling a player.

Or without VR, doesn't matter to me.

This summer we will challenge people in a park somewhere and play the greatest pick-up game of football the world has ever seen. Dibs on being the tight end. #GronkGronk

I don't what's more Floridian about this post.

The fact that he threatened bodily harm against a minority or the fact that spelling is so bad that he's confusing body parts with periods of time.

But that's none of my business tho...
It was an autocorrect mistake. You should know what a mistake is.

That avatar you're wearing makes you an expert on mistakes.

Konka

Banned
It was an autocorrect mistake. You should know what a mistake is.

That avatar you're wearing makes you an expert on mistakes.

iNNKaCs.jpg

bionic77

Problem with streaming is that it will never work for interactive VR. Latency is a bitch, and the speed of light is slower than your intuition thinks it is.

VR for the next couple decades means having a beefy computer-y device nearby.

P laying football is not something my body can do without major injury risk. VR sounds perfect for it.

AaSoccer, basketball? Point taken.
I agree ARM gpus and CPUs probably won't be up to the task of VR but I wouldn't be surprised if it was good enough for regular casual console gaming.

When I was talking about cheap set top boxes I was thinking more about a Xbox replacement than the delivery for VR. I can see this happening. The Ouya was a flop but I think that is the way the wind is blowing.

"Ravens CB Victor Hampton was arrested last night for DWI, according to WSOC-TV in Charlotte. Hampton signed w/Ravens in January." - @JeffZrebiecSun

"Ravens CB Victor Hampton was not only driving 100 in a 55 zone, he had an open container and two passengers w/concealed weapons." - @JeffZrebiecSun

Arc

"Ravens CB Victor Hampton was arrested last night for DWI, according to WSOC-TV in Charlotte. Hampton signed w/Ravens in January." - @JeffZrebiecSun

"Ravens CB Victor Hampton was not only driving 100 in a 55 zone, he had an open container and two passengers w/concealed weapons." - @JeffZrebiecSun

Ravens gonna Raven. 2 game suspension incoming.

Mindlog

I'll believe in fun VR football when I try it... as it stands I don't know that standing up and doing throwing motions with my arms would be much better than Wii Bowling
Huh?
I want to play Madden from a blimp view projected onto my coffee table.

Subconsciously, I believe I want to be as far away from my team as possible while watching them play.
It's been a rough decade.

Well, a relatively rough decade.
Again, my apologies to Browns' fans.

I agree ARM gpus and CPUs probably won't be up to the task of VR but I wouldn't be surprised if it was good enough for regular casual console gaming.

When I was talking about cheap set top boxes I was thinking more about a Xbox replacement than the delivery for VR. I can see this happening. The Ouya was a flop but I think that is the way the wind is blowing.
Yeah, I agree with that. The one thing is that nobody really seems interested in mustering support for a set top box "console", or like Ouya they are incapable of it. So while the technology is there, the market may not be.

Bread

Banned
Celtics are beating Golden State right now

Too bad for the playoffs, too good for the top draft spots
Isaiah is leading them to the playoffs. They'll put up a real fight against the 1 seed, they remind me of the 08 Hawks in terms of their athleticism and heart.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Isaiah is leading them to the playoffs. They'll put up a real fight against the 1 seed, they remind me of the 08 Hawks in terms of their athleticism and heart.

If it's the cavs? No chance, just can't see it happening. Disappointing this game is because of mediocre Thomas, and not James Young/Marcus Smart.

Top Bottom