• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Jets
After attending the NFL Combine, ESPN New York's Rich Cimini gets the "preliminary sense" that the Jets won't be using the No. 6 overall pick on a quarterback.
Per Cimini, the "vibe close to the organization" is that new GM Mike Maccagnan isn't in "quarterback-or-bust mode." Smith finished 2014 strong and will be an intriguing match for new OC Chan Gailey's Pistol Spread offense, one similar to the system in which Geno played at West Virginia. Smith improved his completion rate, TD-to-INT ratio, and QB rating as a sophomore. His physical skills are superior to any free agent quarterback's.
Via roto

JNA

Banned

0iZ0tw2.gif

MRSA

Banned
Two tablespoons of liquid smoke in the pouch, finish with a blowtorch. Delicious.

Liquid smoke? What are you a communist?

Grill that tri-tip over some oak like a true American. If you want to keep the sous vide shit, you can always reverse sear as well.

eznark

Banned

Grill that tri-tip over some oak like a true American. If you want to keep the sous vide shit, you can always reverse sear as well.

Yes, I'll take cooking advice from the pill popping crack addict. And also I'll grill in five feet of snow.

Pull your head out of the pill bottle.

Milchjon

Grill that tri-tip over some oak like a true American.

Nothing more American than a page long list of additives and flavorings.

That being said, if ez would offer me his sous vide blowtorch'd smokey tri tip, I wouldn't say no.

Milchjon

... did you seriously google "Gata" or something

hmm

an unpredictable, awkward and often creepy individual. a rando is always there in the background, even though no one invited him. Randos tend to be isolated within large groups; they sit in corners and lurk in the shadows of others. Even though everyone is aware of the presence of a rando, no one knows anything about him or her and therefore randos are often unwittingly ignored.

sounds legit

Draxal

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/2015-nfl-draft-outlook-b99448618z1-293321531.html

Bob McGinn time.

Brandon Scherff, T, Iowa: 6-4 1/2, 319. Part-time starter at LG as a redshirt freshman in 2011 before starting at LT from 2012-'14. "I like (Bryan) Bulaga, but I think this guy is better," said one scout. "I didn't think Bulaga could play left tackle, but I think this guy can. Everybody thinks he's the best guard, but I'd keep him at tackle and have him disprove he can't play there. He got hurt early last year and never missed a practice or a game." Like Bulaga, his arm length (33 3/8 inches) will be an issue for some teams. Massive hands (11 inches). "Real tough guy and can really run," another scout said. "Good technician. Little stiff. Kind of straight-line. Not real good change of direction. But when he gets you he mauls you. This guy is a lot stronger than Bulaga. He's tight and can't use his length. I think guard will be his best position." His 40-yard dash time was 5.05.

Andrus Peat*, T, Stanford: 6-7, 313. Third-year junior rotated at LT in 2012 before starting the past two years. "He's the most talented (O-lineman)," one scout said. "His dad was really talented but fat. The dad was probably 6-2." Todd Peat was a squatty guard for the Cardinals and Raiders from 1987-'93. "Ready-made NFL player," another scout said. "Left tackle or right tackle. Little bit like Jake Matthews. He won't be an overly dominating type athlete but just sound. Bigger than Jake. A very good, solid player, no question about it." Arms were 34 3/8, hands were 10 5/8.

Big shocker is that he has Melvin Gordon being picked before the Packers at 30 (not that they would go there with Lacy).

La'el Collins, T-G, Louisiana State: 6-4 1/2, 305. Started at LG in 2012 and at LT the past two seasons. "I think he has to move to guard," one scout said. "Big and strong. His effort wanes at times." Voted team MVP in 2014. Impressive week at the Senior Bowl. "Very talented, athletic," another scout said. "Good size, good strength and a lot of production. Really effective at guard." Arms were just 33¼.

Top Bottom