• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Fox318

fjyZXK3.gif

Story was okay, cinematography, effects, wardrobe, all perfect. Down year for BP though, nuts that Lego Movie wasn't even nominated for animated picture.

Happy with Birdman winning. I loved it.

Finished the Order, too. I enjoyed it. It has issues, but I left it feeling good about the experience (took me about 9 hours on hard with aim assist off). I just wish the ending wasn't left with so little actually resolved. I need two more trophies to platinum so I'll get back to it in the morning.

They don't give a fuck about the animated films anymore, they're just giving it to Disney every year now.

They have never given a shit about animated titles, they only have the category because Disney basically forced them too so they could stick the "academy award winning" sticker on the box.

They view Animated films like a joke because the voting committee is a bunch of geriatric old men who've been running Hollywood since basically it's inception as a cultural milestone.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wonder if the Broncos are seriously going to play hardball with Manning. The Beast Brock Osweiler is basically an unknown NFL quantity and the free agent QB market is dire. If Manning calls their bluff I'm sure a dozen teams would pay him 19 million+ for a season or two.

JNA

Banned
I didn't watch much, but this I saw. She is gorgeous. It's crazy to think about where she came from in terms of movies. I remember watching Superbad and The House Bunny and thinking she was super hot.

I remember her too in ZombieLand.

Now we just need a movie with her and Scarlett Johenson together.

jakncoke

Banned
I love how we're like 6 or 7 h apart yet you get up earlier than me.

Just think if 2/3 trucks werent broke it'd be even worse. As i get up at 3 am normally. But now until a part comes in from Italy i'll be getting up sometime before 9. Also you're not the only european i beat getting up, I beat Carl from the gaming side all the time as well lol

Striker

Adam Schefter:
Giants will use their franchise tag on DE Jason Pierre-Paul if the two sides fail to reach a long-term deal by March 2, per team source.

No surprise. Still back and forth on that dude. He was MIA for the first half of the season.

j589p5t.jpg

Spinluck

I think it's funny when people in OT shit on a movie, and then you ask them what was so bad about it and they give you some bullshit reason or can't really explain why.

Just hate to hate. I get not liking something, but a lot of comes off as foolish overreactions.

Yet somehow Flash is the best show on TV.

Arc

I think it's funny when people in OT shit on a movie, and then you ask them what was so bad about it and they give you some bullshit reason or can't really explain why.

Just hate to hate. I get not liking something, but a lot of comes off as foolish overreactions.

The gaming side is even worse.

Respect

This attitude permeates many forms of entertainment (games/music/movies/etc). It is almost mob mentality. If something is getting a lot of hate, it's easier to join the crowd and pile on, than to say something positive and get shit on for it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

It's also like when people hate on something that everyone used to love.

For instance, I still think 300 and the Dark Knight are awesome movies yet I see all this hate out there for them now. Also that Heath Ledger still gave the best performance of any comic book movie (he won an Oscar after all).

For instance, I still think 300 and the Dark Knight are awesome movies yet I see all this hate out there for them now. Also that Heath Ledger still gave the best performance of any comic book movie (he won an Oscar after all).
There is always a backlash in the opposite direction of the initial overall reception. It happens with games all the time. If a game comes out and gets great reviews and tons of praise on GAF you can bet the farm that there will be a backlash within a couple of weeks focused on how overrated and terrible it is.

Make a list of your 10 favorite games/TV shows/movies. All of them are garbage to an "enlightened minority" on GAF.

Respect

There is always a backlash in the opposite direction of the initial overall reception. It happens with games all the time. If a game comes out and gets great reviews and tons of praise on GAF you can bet the farm that there will be a backlash within a couple of weeks focused on how overrated and terrible it is.

Make a list of your 10 favorite games/TV shows/movies. All of them are garbage to an "enlightened minority" on GAF.

Agreed...just because something that is well received doesn't appeal to you, doesn't mean it sucks. There are a number of popular movies/games/shows that are loved by most that I don't like or think are that great...but I get that not everything that is popular has to appeal to me.

bionic77

300 is alright. Nothing special but it was a good action flick to see once. It doesn't age well on repeat viewings. I will say I was very entertained the first time I saw it though.

I am with you 100% on Dark Knight though. There is some kind of bizarre backlash against Nolan movies. Maybe the guy is a condescending prick and brings it on himself and but internet nerds will break down every frame of his movie to basically prove to everyone else that it isn't real.

OMG if you freeze frame the car scene there are in two slightly different places! Yeah and Karate Kid is the most unlikely thing of all time, but it is a fucking movie! And it entertains the shit out of anyone with a brain (sorry Pats GAF).

Fuck off nerds.

Speaking of nerds that need to fuck off.

I just bought this:

http://www.amazon.com/Sideshow-R2-D2-Deluxe-Scale-Figure/dp/B00T6NBMLS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424702246&sr=8-1&keywords=r2+deluxe

I am pretty sure this is the one nerd toy that is actually cool enough to get you laid.

ampere

The dog-piling thing is just an unfortunate aspect of this communication medium. 10 people can independently respond to the same post at around the same time and the original poster could feel attacked by a mob, though it's just bunch of individual opinions and not a coordinated group.

Def agree some people on GAF are too brutal about "thing you like is bad". It's OK to share opinions civilly.

Fox318

Adam Schefter:
Giants will use their franchise tag on DE Jason Pierre-Paul if the two sides fail to reach a long-term deal by March 2, per team source.

No surprise. Still back and forth on that dude. He was MIA for the first half of the season.

j589p5t.jpg

Giants are better off without him. He isn't the same as he was years ago.

Top Bottom