• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Colasante

When was the last time a team regretted trading away an overpriced running back? McCoy's best season came in Kelly's scheme behind the best and healthiest offensive line in the league. I think it's much more likely another Eagles back will come in and replicate his success than McCoy is likely to replicate his past success in Buffalo, behind a bad offensive line, with no quarterback.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
This will be an interesting off season for the eagles, atleast. This is alot of turnover and free agency hasnt even started. I think my feelings about this trade will be largely determined by what we do with all this cap space we are collecting.

cdyhybrid

Mariota and Chip will turn that dude that was working at Applebee's last week into an All-Pro.

/eaglesgaf

At least my boy Chris Polk will be getting lots of carries now!

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 14m14 minutes ago
So LeSean McCoy is going to be a Buffalo Bill. And Kiko Alonso will be reunited with former Oregon HC Chip Kelly.

B_NeGmVU8AAaciy.jpg:large

To fully appreciate this deal for the Eagles side, I need to see exactly which skill guys they bring in through FA and the draft, because the cupboard is looking rather bare at the moment.

But Kiko is very good and very cheap, if he's right coming off of that ACL tear (and Thomas Davis has shown that you can still be an elite backer with a history of ACL injuries), he's a huge upgrade on their defense.

Brinbe

I love Shady but I don't mind this... Harder to find quality LBs like Alonzo than RBs these days (ASSUMING KIKO IS HEALTHY). Kendricks/Alonzo/Barwin suddenly gives us a great trio at the position, maybe we draft Kendricks' brother too to replace Ryans.

Tom Penny

Easy decision for the Eagles. They might just outbid everyone on Vereen. Save all that money and get a younger player or Murray for that matter.

gutshot

The Eagles are like a billion dollars under the salary cap, if my math is correct.

Last I checked, we can't use that to trade for draft picks though.

Trey

Bills must have not liked Kiko's progress coming back from his injury. McCoy doesn't add a whole bunch to the offense, which has a really bad offensive line anyway.

Means spiller is as good as gone.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That RN depth in Buffalo just got better. CJ, FredJax, Shady? May as well resign Orton

Spiller is already gone. FJax might be heading out the door too.

Eagles should just sign Spiller to stick it to them. Getting out of Buffalo will be the best possible thing for him.

Also wow at Alonso wanting out of Buffalo. Guess he really didn't like Rex.

Striker

But it's McCoy for $12 million on the cap versus Alonso for $1.1 million on the cap.
McCoy is proven talent. Alonso had one good year and been injured the rest.

The rest is up to how Chip replaces him and adds more talent on offense. And hope Alonso can stay healthy. He had injury problems in college too.

Brinbe

Seriously, thinking on it, RB isn't exactly a weakspot of the Bills. Wonder why they did this, especially when LeSean's already how old and is pretty pricey too.

Holy crap, if we do end up with Spiller, I'd say we came out ahead. He'd be crazy good in Chip's offense. Polk/Sproles aren't too shabby anyway.

They should resign either Spiller or FJax for that backup. If Spioles didn't get hurt he was decent at backup for Shady. Big time adjustment for Shady from fast pace offense to a slow pounding game

Enron

Banned
Seriously, thinking on it, RB isn't exactly a weakspot of the Bills. Wonder why they did this, especially when LeSean's already how old and is pretty pricey too.

Holy crap, if we do end up with Spiller, I'd say we came out ahead. He'd be crazy good in Chip's offense. Polk/Sproles aren't too shabby anyway.

LeSean is only 26.

Top Bottom