• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Pepiope

Um, Guys?

@BrandonBoykin2: Bruh don't ask me anything cause I don't know anything.. I'm just a #nickel..

Boykin trying to get himself cut?

cdyhybrid

We're trading for all these Oregon players. I wonder if there's some Oregon QB we can get too...

Anytime you can bring a group of players and coaches together that accomplished practically nothing notable (outside of one Rose Bowl) in college, you have to do it!

JABEE

MIJR9XB.jpg

Chip hasn't spoken to the media at all this off season. He's at a JCC Sports Award tonight. Chip sitting with his muscle. They are telling the media not to approach him

jakncoke

Banned
But it's really not. Maurice Jones-Drew was the rushing champion in 2011 at age 26. After that he held out for a pay raise. The Jaguars refused and he came to camp anyway. Would any team have wanted him then? The tread on his tires by that point made him almost untouchable in terms of a guaranteed contract.

Running backs age at a different rate than other positions.

im not buying, sure rbs age faster but to say its now down to 26 it nonsense. pff may have graded him poorly but if he gets anywhere close to last years 1300 yards im sure bills will be ok with that. theres no real telling if he'll drop off the cliff. the bills D is good, their offense is a turd. they need to make moves before their D is dismantled. I dont hate the move, as for money fuck it. the cap is never stopping from going up and you gotta use it.

Godslay

Banned
Trent Cole ‏@Pro_Hunt58 19m19 minutes ago
No respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Caption that!

Wonder what this is all about.

cdyhybrid

Gregg Rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal 3s3 seconds ago
LeSean McCoy told LaDainian Tomlinson weeks ago he didn’t expect to be back with team. Relationship with Kelly cooled.

Chip is racist confirmed again.

Colasante

im not buying, sure rbs age faster but to say its now down to 26 it nonsense. pff may have graded him poorly but if he gets anywhere close to last years 1300 yards im sure bills will be ok with that. theres no real telling if he'll drop off the cliff. the bills D is good, their offense is a turd. they need to make moves before their D is dismantled. I dont hate the move, as for money fuck it. the cap is never stopping from going up and you gotta use it.

Oh yeah, I don't think he'll become a bad player now, not at all. I think he's still probably a top 5 running back, but from a GM perspective, I get why you'd trade away a talented RB if you think you can get a decent enough portion of his production from a much cheaper player.

JABEE

Gregg Rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal 3s3 seconds ago
LeSean McCoy told LaDainian Tomlinson weeks ago he didn’t expect to be back with team. Relationship with Kelly cooled.

Chip is racist confirmed again.
The Eagles actually have the Whitest team in the league according to some graphic from last season.

JABEE

Eagles have $48.75 million in cap space after the Shady trade. That is without cutting Demeco Ryans. Eagles could have close to $55 million in cap space by Tuesday.

FA OLB - Kiko Alonso - Mychal Kendricks - Connor Barwin

Pepiope

Eagles have $48.75 million in cap space after the Shady trade. That is without cutting Demeco Ryans. Eagles could have close to $55 million in cap space by Tuesday.

FA OLB - Kiko Alonso - Mychal Kendricks - Connor Barwin
If only that FA OLB could be replaced by Marcus fucking Smith.

Finally, something interesting happened/is happening. Did Yankee post his feelings yet? Depending on how Kiko bonces back, got a great young player at one of their weakest if not weakest positions while there are good RB options in FA and the draft. Not to mention they free up a lot of cap. It looks like a great deal for the Eagles right now but only time will tell although I think the only way it isn't is if Kiko's career goes down the tubes due to injury and even then, they free up a lot of cap space so as long as they get a good RB, it's still a solid. As for Buffalo, I don't see McCoy extending there but we'll see, money talks.

It's funny constantly seeing articles or tweets about AP considering AZ, I highly doubt we'll trade for him and pay all that money. Nothing to see here and I doubt we'd seriously consider Murray either with that price tag not to mention we struggled to punch holes for RBs last season so he wouldn't be nearly as effective anyway. We should address RG this off season though and I hope to see much improved run blocking, it'll be a focus I imagine. Ingram might be a realistic, solid option or else the draft.

MechDX

Report: 3 teams willing to pay Andre Johnson $10 million in 2015

In fact, according to BleacherReport.com's Jason Cole, at least three teams are willing to pay Johnson the $10 million he was set to make in Houston in 2015. And one of those teams, the Indianapolis Colts, has a real need for a downfield playmaker.

"What Johnson is hoping for, according to a source I've talked to, is that he gets cut in this process," Cole said on Tuesday. "He doesn't want to be traded. He wants to be out there on the market and negotiate the best deal that he can possibly get. He's due to make $10 million in base salary this year, and there are about three teams out there, according to that source, that are willing to (pay him) that $10 million number -- and possibly even better up-front money overall. ...

"One of the teams that you can look for, that would be interested in Johnson -- and that Johnson would be interested in playing for -- is the Indianapolis Colts. No. 1, it's Andrew Luck. ... No. 2, it would be within the same division, and allow him to get a little bit of revenge over the Houston Texans."

It was all about money. Well you know what? Fuck you Andre Johnson!

The Bills either wanted Kiko out (distraction) or didn't think his knee would ever be fully healthy again.

At least according to the twittersphere.

JABEE

Kiko Alonso was said to have wanted out of Buffalo according to a report I read from one of the major talking heads.

jakncoke

Banned
Oh yeah, I don't think he'll become a bad player now, not at all. I think he's still probably a top 5 running back, but from a GM perspective, I get why you'd trade away a talented RB if you think you can get a decent enough portion of his production from a much cheaper player.

Ye i can see that.

Top Bottom