• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
4th rounder for CJ Spiller. Get it done, Mayhew, he'd fit our Greatest Show on Turf 2.0 offense perfectly.

CJ is only 27 and is hitting his prime. It would allow us to focus on getting an olineman and defensive players in the first three rounds.

LAGAF, which stadium would you prefer. Inglewood or Carson?

Personally I would want carson.
2x as many chances to see the pats

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You do realize he's a FA right?

Actually I didn't. Just saw headlines saying he didn't want to be on the Bills after the trade for LeSean MCCoy so I thought he was requesting a trade himself.

Not sure what he's asking for but after we resign Suh I think we can work something out.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas needs to go back to rehab.

I'm managing my pain as described. The pain has gotten worse today but it's been made easier by the fact I'm about to have Naan and curry for the first time cooked by this awesome girl.

This is literally what I'm dealing with on my right foot.

This bacteria is named community-acquired methicillin-resistant staphylococcal aureus, or "community-acquired MRSA." Infections with this type of bacteria can lead to blistering of the skin or deep, more serious infections.

http://www.drugs.com/health-guide/cellulitis.html

I wouldn't wish MRSA on my worst enemy.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You should go to the emergency room man.

I already did. I've been given antibiotics and some Vicodins. It's a red rash and the pain is so bad I can barely put weight on it. A couple of days ago I couldn't put any weight at all.

I was convinced it was a broken bone but it's actually an infection. It's bullshit dude. If the rash gets any bigger I'm going to have to go back and I can't drive, work or do anything. I'm trying to stay on a Stafford workout routine and my body in shape.

MRSA

Banned
lmao how the fuck do you get MRSA? I'm surrounded by MRSA and don't have an active MRSA infection.

Knowing kas and his pathetic hygiene, he's probably going to contract C-DIFF from all the various antibiotics he has to take to treat the MRSA if he really has an active MRSA infection (Which he doesn't know because his shitty doctor probably didn't get blood cultures)

And the same will start, and it already has, with Wide Receivers. WRs are becoming more dispensible because there has been a huge gain and quick adjustment for WRs compared to the past.

You can already see it with Larry Fitzgerald restructuring his contract and Andre Johnson complaining that he may just get 40 targets or Jerry Jones giving Dez Bryant the franchise tag. That would've been unthinkable 5 years ago.

Look how many stud WRs came out from last years draft and how many are projected and will be solid.

Lions need to restructure that Megatron contract quick like the Cardinals did with Fitzgerald or trade him to an AFC contender.

Restructuring Megatron would be stupid, and put us in a similar position that we find ourselves in with Suh. A restructure would result in Megatron having a 20mil+ cap hit in a year or two. No thanks. Trade him or let Suh walk. We can't keep both. I want to keep Suh but since we probably can't get rid of Megatron right now....I'd let Suh walk and sign some FAs.

cashman

Banned
dalpi.0.0.gif

minx

Upon further review I think the Eagles won the trade. With the cap hit that McCoy has couldn't the Eagles sign Murray for the same money with gaining kiko? Or at the very least sign Spiller, FJax, Vareen, or Ingram all significantly cheaper.

Would love it if the Bears were the one who made this trade.

Milchjon

I never been an audiophile mainly because I really don't have an appreciation for music, music always has and always will be a background thing for me. Somebody the other day asked me how I can read and listen to music at the same time. Its just background noise to drown out the environment for me, active noise canceling I suppose.

Music is the language of the heart, my psycho friend!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Hahaha. I just had the craziest nightmare that the Bills traded away the potential best new linebacker the league has seen in a while for a washed up old running back with maybe 2 semi-productive years left, while absorbing a giant hit to their salary cap, possibly crippling them when it comes time to resigning the rest of their defense.

Lol. What a stupid motherfucking dream. As if any real life GM/coach would do something so goddamn stupid. lol

lol

l

o

Hammer24

Banned
Hahaha. I just had the craziest nightmare that the Bills traded away the potential best new linebacker the league has seen in a while for a washed up old running back with maybe 2 semi-productive years left, while absorbing a giant hit to their salary cap, possibly crippling them when it comes time to resigning the rest of their defense.

Lol. What a stupid motherfucking dream. As if any real life GM/coach would do something so goddamn stupid. lol

lol

l

o

My condolences!

Fox318

lol

l

o

ACL tears can be hard to recover from.

It's a bet against his health.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

lol

l

o

tee hee.

andthebeatgoeson

Banking on drafting a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round who in years/eons past would have been a first round pick. Saving tons by not having McCoy on the books. Rookie RB will be paid less than a million a year for 3-4 seasons.

With Kiko hoping they stole a stud LB who will be back to form recovering from his injury.

A huge gamble but if it pays off they have just majorly upgraded their LBs while Chip probably believes he can handle the offense with his scheme. I hate to say we need a big free agent splash but we can't tolerate going backwards after sending two studs away.

Not saying I agree but that's the logic. Plus the cap space they save allows them to upgrade CB, Safety, and other depth holes across the team through FA.
God, I hope so. I probably won't get over this mccoy thing until playoffs.

Milchjon

lol

l

o

You're alive! How's Germany treating you these days?

WanderingWind

I just came back from Dutch's homeland. Nice place. Less windmills than I was lead to be believe.

Also, eat a furball, Kave.

Kiko is straight up a future HoF. Trading for a old running back in 2015 when you have no fucking QB is embarrassing. If they really felt Kiko was broke (he's not) then they should have kept him to bargain for a servicable QB. Running backs that aren't clearly elite are worth far, far less than a defensive player with a mind and abilities of Alonso. McCoy will be out of the league in 3 years, Kiko won't be unless he's picked up Chad Pennington/Bob Sanders syndrome.

Konka

Banned
Eh. I'm happy with the trade. I thought initially they'd work to renegotiate McCoy but this is fine with me. The Pats have clearly shown that RB by commission is perfectly feasible and effective. Sproles was the more explosive game changer last year and I think will do well in his limited capacity again in the coming year. Vereen is who we should go after and along with Polk I would be perfectly satisfied with our run game.

WanderingWind

Eh. I'm happy with the trade. I thought initially they'd work to renegotiate McCoy but this is fine with me. The Pats have clearly shown that RB by commission is perfectly feasible and effective. Sproles was the more explosive game changer last year and I think will do well in his limited capacity again in the coming year. Vereen is who we should go after and along with Polk I would be perfectly satisfied with our run game.

So, you're saying you're happy trading a solid beater with a cd player for a monster truck that shoots flames and also has a margarita machine in place of the cigarette lighter? NO WAI

WanderingWind

Any Eagles fan who complains about this trade is straight unfamiliar with the game of football as it exists today. Y'all got basically the best trade since...uh, when has the last time a good player was traded for a potential top player in his position? And that top player was still on his rookie contract?

Goddamn Chip Kelly is playing chess and Rex Ryan is playing footsie.

effzee

thats just bullshit. Other teams not willing to take a top 3 rb who still has some years in the tank? Pfft.

the Colts would have LOVED him for one.

smh @ 20 min. trade

smh @ eagles about to cut him....wtf.....WTF

This is what bugs me. Want to move DeSean and LeSean ok fine. Too much money tied up in those two but at least recognize what they were worth to you. How much teams feared them and how much of what made 2013's offense explosive and dangerous was due to these two players. And you are willing to just cut them? Like some scrubs? Are you kidding me Chip?

They torpedoed their chances with DeSean when they put all the word he will be cut if they can't trade him. They were about to cut McCoy. All in all we traded two of the weapons in the game for a young LB who might be great but is coming off of his 2nd ACL tear.

In both cases they could have gotten more back. I feel like a straight up trade isn't enough. I do see the value in the cap space they opened up. Re-signing Maclin just became automatic. Maybe the 10M space can be used to sign two 5m a year vets.

Just feel like a draft pick (3rd round even) should have been included.

And def agree all this BS about McCoy being over the hill, old, and busted is just stupidity. He doesn't run like Lynch. He is 26. He has at least 3 great seasons in him. 3 great seasons he could have had with Philly to make this offense great.

Now we have Foles, 1 good WR, 1 good TE, and a decent OLINE that is aging fast.

So someone has contacted Maclins camp.......hmmmm
Drama in Philly can make this off season interesting

Maclin's contract negotiations just became easier with 50M available in cap space. Don't see how they don't make that deal work.

with the Running game starting to show its importance again (hell, the end of the superbowl kinda defines the fact that a good running game should be relied upon and can't be discounted)...I disagree with the latter statement in regards to contract.

Secondly, attittude? I'm sure his off the field stuff was a bit suspect...

but on the field, in the locker room, dealing with Chip, lesean has had a great track record and always conducted himself well and was always a great teammate.

dont come with this attitude shit and try to fabricate a false image of lesean as if he had a bad attitude on the team, that's just bullshit.

Dude tell me about it. Watch how now all this attitude shit is going to be brought. Maybe even gang ties. McCoy had issues with women off the field (baby mama drama) but in the locker room he was known as a hard worker and coach's pet. He stood up for Reid when he was being fired and even praised Chip all the time.

But yeah had the attitude problem. Known racist Cooper is on the team and getting paid like a #1 WR when he should be a #4 WR.

God, I hope so. I probably won't get over this mccoy thing until playoffs.

What makes you think the Eagles are making the playoffs? Foles was only propped up and played awesome when he had amazing skill players to lean on. Gone are DeSean and LeSean. Maclin is nice but he doesn't scare any defense.

If the QB remains Foles with all his limitations, forget the playoffs this year.

I just came back from Dutch's homeland. Nice place. Less windmills than I was lead to be believe.

Also, eat a furball, Kave.

Kiko is straight up a future HoF. Trading for a old running back in 2015 when you have no fucking QB is embarrassing. If they really felt Kiko was broke (he's not) then they should have kept him to bargain for a servicable QB. Running backs that aren't clearly elite are worth far, far less than a defensive player with a mind and abilities of Alonso. McCoy will be out of the league in 3 years, Kiko won't be unless he's picked up Chad Pennington/Bob Sanders syndrome.

You were here and didn't tell me.

Fuck you

andthebeatgoeson

I loved how people were arguing against statistics. Yeah, mccoy has a year or two left. But alonso could make our lb's kind of scary. Barwin is loving this. He might have another career year.

andthebeatgoeson

What makes you think the Eagles are making the playoffs? Foles was only propped up and played awesome when he had amazing skill players to lean on. Gone are DeSean and LeSean. Maclin is nice but he doesn't scare any defense.

If the QB remains Foles with all his limitations, forget the playoffs this year.
Infinite hope of fandom? What drives kas, gives me hope.

Oh god, we are fucked, aren't we?

iosa

Hello NFLGAF,

I'm an Eagles fan and I love this trade.

I love McCoy as a player but I think it's more important to bring talent on the defensive side.

I have trust in Chip to make any decent skill player looks good in his offense as long as the QB and OL play are consistant.

Wait people are down on McCoy? He has at least three good years left. I think both teams will come out positive from this. It's not like the rest of the bills defense is a bunch of scrubs.

In my opinion the Eagles got the better end of the deal. That said, I love McCoy and I don't think it was a terrible trade for the Bills, especially if Kiko ends up having some lingering injury issues. The cap hit is the worst part for the Bills, I'd say.

Godslay

Banned
In my opinion the Eagles got the better end of the deal. That said, I love McCoy and I don't think it was a terrible trade for the Bills, especially if Kiko ends up having some lingering injury issues. The cap hit is the worst part for the Bills, I'd say.

It's a one year cap hit for them. After that McCoy should get more guaranteed and team will have friendly cap numbers if they do it right. Last 2 years of McCoy's deal has no guarantees.

Eagles clear about 10 million, but 3.4 of that number goes right back on their cap due to signing bonuses.

RB value is relative. If you have a decent QB, probably less valuable. If you don't a 300 carry back like McCoy is the centerpiece of the offense. If they get a decent guy in the next 3 years at QB, Bills will be a good team. Defense should be good at the least.

Top Bottom