• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

JABEE

Thank God for the Bills

xV6BKYm.png

Also, Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer says the Bills will make McCoy happy.

thats just bullshit. Other teams not willing to take a top 3 rb who still has some years in the tank? Pfft.

the Colts would have LOVED him for one.

smh @ 20 min. trade

smh @ eagles about to cut him....wtf.....WTF

LJ11

So in your estimation did the Eagles and Bills both end up with a good deal? Bills D seems loaded where they could afford to lose Kiko and acquire a top 5 RB.

Eagles potentially add a stud on their D (who also fits the culture), open up tons of cap space, and will most likely replace McCoy with a guy they get in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Too early to tell, but I don't think the Bills were trading from a position of strength. Kiko was great in coverage his rookie year, but its a small sample size, wasn't great against the run, but did about average. Bills now need a cover backer, I don't think Brown and Bradham are as good in that area, but again Kiko only played a year, he showed a lot though.

The way I see it, McCoy fit the Eagles well, with the Bills, it won't be a smooth transition because of OL. On the flip side, Kiko fit with the Bills, good in pass coverage, and Bills had other LBs to stuff run. Now, I just see a bunch of question marks for both teams. I think Eagles did better because they don't tie up resources at the RB position, and I love RBs but they're only as good as your OL.

Too early to tell, but I don't think the Bills were trading from a position of strength. Kiko was great in coverage his rookie year, but its a small sample size, wasn't great against the run, but did about average. Bills now need a cover backer, I don't think Brown and Bradham are as good in that area, but again Kiko only played a year, he showed a lot though.

The way I see it, McCoy fit the Eagles well, with the Bills, it won't be a smooth transition because of OL. On the flip side, Kiko fit with the Bills, good in pass coverage, and Bills had other LBs to stuff run. Now, I just see a bunch of question marks for both teams. I think Eagles did better because they don't tie up resources at the RB position, and I love RBs but they're only as good as your OL.

it would have been a good trade if it was kiko in a pick.

just kiko, not good enough imo.

Oh yea, Everyone wants to harp on Age. Lesean is only 26. Stop with the age shit. If he was 30...ok...but dude is just 26, hes still got some years of production to bring.

out of the top 5 RBs last year...3 of them were over the age of 26...and Lesean was 26. Only one of them was under 26.

gutshot

hes still got 3 good years in him (if not more with how soft the league is now) and he isn't a back that gets hurt alot/often or gets abused alot because of the way he runs. Durability is one of his strengths and is valuable in a RB

Age-vs-Production-Running-Backs-Receivers1396880190285.png

LeSean will be 27 this upcoming season. Keep in mind as well that he has had the most carries in the NFL over the past 2 seasons.

Top 10 goes against this chart. That is measuring a large amount of RBs and Recievers. Alot of them not being elite players.

Lesean is elite. he defys the chart. You can pull up the chart....I can pull up the Top 5 and Top 10 RBs of last year and prove that chart doesn't apply.

LeSean will be 27 this upcoming season. Keep in mind as well that he has had the most carries in the NFL over the past 2 seasons.

Yea? and Frank Gore finished top 10 at 31. Marshawn Lynch balled out at 29. Demarco Murray balled out at 27, I can go on and on.
also,
He didn't have the most carries last season. You had to bring up the last 2 seasons, and its cause Demarco murray got injured the previous season before last.

But last season Lesean had a nice amount of carries. And he is one of the most durable RBs in the game, period.

I think this is a good time to say that every organization has some bit of dysfunction. You just don't hear about it when teams are winning. Evens Gotors team, I'm sure theres many stories about bills tomfoolery.
Go Browns! Josh McCleveland bouta throw McBombs.

I think the Colts would never trade for a RB again.

When I said that's "Bullshit"

i meant that's bullshit in the sense that, the eagles front office is fucking RIDICULOUS!

and I'm calling bullshit on the fact that it was hard to get "anything" for lesean" I think they should have tried harder, they couldve got more.

not that I don't believe that scenario actually played out.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I think Winston is probably more talented then any of the Qbs that came out last year. Idk if that sounds crazy to ppl

I watched some tape on him and I think he's more talented than any qb since Luck. Has some issues with forcing some balls and his throwing motion is half-pitcher/half-quarterback, but his understanding, arm strength, pocket presence and dealing with pressure are all top notch.

so freaking exhausted but happy. Just got home from the hospital. My mother was in surgery for over 8 hours where they were able to completely remove cancer from her body and she may not even have to use chemo(but that is up in the air as a precautionary step).

just figured I would share my good news

Congrats. I hope she's cancer free!

LJ11

I said the same shit on a Bills board about McCoy possibly being cut if he didn't Take a pay cut, threat was there. Some fans think he'll take pay cut with Bills since he was rumored to be willing to do so for Eagles. With what leverage? hey, McCoy, restructure or be cut even though we just traded for you. Delusional.

Lesean defies physics, he does not age. Get it through your thick skulls.

i don't know if you are in support of my comment or being sarcastic in regards to my comment about age but...

if you look at the top 15 RBs of last year, only 4 of them were under the age of 25 and only one of them being 25. rest were 26 or older. Just facts.

you can take a bunch of garbage RBs who got older and didn't put up numbers and it will look like RBs after the age of 26 suck, but elite players still play elite longer, and that's a fact and we see it time and time again.

Pepiope

i don't know if you are in support of my comment or being sarcastic in regards to my comment about age but...

if you look at the top 15 RBs of last year, only 4 of them were under the age of 25 and only one of them being 25. rest were 26 or older. Just facts.

you can take a bunch of garbage RBs who got older and didn't put up numbers and it will look like RBs after the age of 26 suck, but elite players still play elite longer, and that's a fact and we see it time and time again.
The Eagles will most likely have an RB by committee. IMO, it's preferable when you're running the offense at such a pace. It doesn't require an elite RB.

The Eagles will most likely have an RB by committee. IMO, it's preferable when you're running the offense at such a pace. It doesn't require an elite RB.

the reason im partially cool with this trade is because I know we got good backs and we got a good system for backs where even an average back can look elite. That's not my argument and not what its about at all.

My argument was about running backs and age, which I disagree with the notion that an Elite RB is going to be garbage after 26.

second argument is Lesean was worth more than just kiko, thus my disappointment in the trade.

Basically, in a football sense, I can live with the trade, but in the business/fan sense, this trade is garbage.

They'll trade to the Jags or Raiders. The Titans won't pass up on Leonard Williams, it'll be up to the Jags or Raiders to trade back with the Iggles. Who's available at #20? DaVante Parker?

Doubt Parker falls that far. Strong could be there and I like him a lot. If he's not, could go with Eric Kendricks or I also like Nate Orchard, very underrated pass rusher imo.

Pepiope

the reason im partially cool with this trade is because I know we got good backs and we got a good system for good backs. That's not my argument and not what its about at all.

My argument was about running backs and age, which I disagree with the notion that an Elite RB is going to be garbage after 26.

second argument is Lesean was worth more than just kiko.
He's definitely worth more, but his contract and attitude isn't.

He's definitely worth more, but his contract and attitude isn't.

with the Running game starting to show its importance again (hell, the end of the superbowl kinda defines the fact that a good running game should be relied upon and can't be discounted)...I disagree with the latter statement in regards to contract.

Secondly, attittude? I'm sure his off the field stuff was a bit suspect...

but on the field, in the locker room, dealing with Chip, lesean has had a great track record and always conducted himself well and was always a great teammate.

dont come with this attitude shit and try to fabricate a false image of lesean as if he had a bad attitude on the team, that's just bullshit.

JABEE

Only one player, Kiko Alonso, out of all the Ducks Chip has brought in has cost the Eagles a real asset. You could also argue Huff too.

Every other Oregon player is a role player brought in as a late round pick or an undrafted free agent.

It's weird how everyone acts like Alonso being an Oregon player impacts whether the Eagles made a good trade or not.

The Philadelphia Duck logo is funny, but I don't see the problem with the Oregon players Kelly has brought in.

Can't wait for FA to start next week.

Is jerry hughes about to hit the market?

Edit:

Adam Schefter ‏ @ AdamSchefter 2m 2 minutes ago
From Week 5-17 last season, LeSean McCoy ranked 2nd behind only rushing champion DeMarco Murray (1,311) in total rush yds with 1,127.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The value of RBs is not what it used to be. I could totally see most teams balking at having to give big money to even an elite RB.

And the same will start, and it already has, with Wide Receivers. WRs are becoming more dispensible because there has been a huge gain and quick adjustment for WRs compared to the past.

You can already see it with Larry Fitzgerald restructuring his contract and Andre Johnson complaining that he may just get 40 targets or Jerry Jones giving Dez Bryant the franchise tag. That would've been unthinkable 5 years ago.

Look how many stud WRs came out from last years draft and how many are projected and will be solid.

Lions need to restructure that Megatron contract quick like the Cardinals did with Fitzgerald or trade him to an AFC contender.

Only one player, Kiko Alonso, out of all the Ducks Chip has brought in has cost the Eagles a real asset. You could also argue Huff too.

Every other Oregon player is a role player brought in as a late round pick or an undrafted free agent.

It's weird how everyone acts like Alonso being an Oregon player impacts whether the Eagles made a good trade or not.

The Philadelphia Duck logo is funny, but I don't see the problem with the Oregon players Kelly has brought in.

I don't see many people actually thinking Alonso being a Oregon player makes it a bad trade though.(browsing the official eagles forums that is) most people think Alonso is a good player. IMO Shady is just worth more.

the Philadelphia ducks thing is just funny because of how many ducks are actually on the team.

Top Bottom