• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Fox318

menDbkg.jpg

effzee

ESPN had a little ticker with a mock draft going today while I was at the gym and they had Anthony Barr going like 25th and fucking Teddy going in the 2nd round to the Texans. WTF has happened?

Yeah its just odd.

If Barr is available @ 22 and the Eagles don't take him I will be super pissed.

As much as WR has become a need, all I keep hearing is how deep this WR class is. We could still find a quality WR in the 2nd round. I'd take Barr or Pryor if they are available at 22 and then best available WR in the 2nd round.

Yeah its just odd.

As much as WR has become a need, all I keep hearing is how deep this WR class is. We could still find a quality WR in the 2nd round. I'd take Barr or Pryor if they are available at 22 and then best available WR in the 2nd round.

i saw a mock with the niners moving up to take Barr

Fuck this off-season is taking way to long, other then the dolphin cheerleaders the dolphins haven't done jack shit in like a month....fuck you goodell.

Yeah its just odd.

Barr seems super risky to me. I wouldnt be surprised at all if he is a bust. I hope the Eagles dont draft him.

I'm trying to find a way to play Spotify through my receiver/sound system at home. I have a headphone jack I can plug in from my phone, but I didn't know if I would lose a lot of quality doing that. Any of you guys have any experience in the subject or recommendations?

effzee

Barr seems super risky to me. I wouldnt be surprised at all if he is a bust. I hope the Eagles dont draft him.

Isn't he projected to be a top 15 player?

If he drops to the 20s Eagles have to take him. Much rather stock up on D where there are multiple areas of need over trying to hit a home run at WR when realistically they can rely more on TEs/RBs to keep the offense churning.

What's the risk with him? Again I don't know anything about college football so I only now have heard of him. I saw him as high as the top 10 in some mock drafts.

If he drops to the 20s Eagles have to take him. Much rather stock up on D where there are multiple areas of need over trying to hit a home run at WR when realistically they can rely more on TEs/RBs to keep the offense churning.

What's the risk with him? Again I don't know anything about college football so I only now have heard of him. I saw him as high as the top 10 in some mock drafts.

I've seen him all over the board, mostly towards the bottom of round 1. The knock on him seems like his senior tape didn't match his numbers and he's still raw having only moved from FB 2 seasons ago. Pretty big upside and probably a good pass rusher pick, but he's not a guy you absolutely have to draft or is a great bargain at the Eagles pick.

squicken

King Solomon: When it comes to drafting QBs, it's best not to wait

NFL executives like to say the worst mistake a team can make in the league's annual college talent dispersal gathering is to draft for need.

That sounds good, but it is overused, too simplistic and not even accurate.

The worst mistake a team can make is to draft a player who can't play.

The Texans need a quarterback. If they draft one with the No. 1 pick and he is very good, the drafted-for-need criticism will make excellent fodder for a "remember when" column during a future Super Bowl week.

The easy, perhaps even safe, thing to do is to draft defensive end Jadaveon Clowney, the physical freak and workout wonder. Scouts believe that, at worst, he should be pretty good. At best, he will be a star, game-changing defender.

If Texans coach Bill O'Brien is afraid he can't determine who the best quarterback in this year's draft is or that none of them will be a star in this league, then he should "settle" for Clowney. Case closed.

But the Texans will still be in need of a quarterback. These problems don't just fix themselves.

The best place to get a star quarterback is at the top of the draft. Period.

Greg

Just paid for roofing materials for my roofing party. You guys are all coming right?
I helped on a garage roof once

it's still standing!

I'm trying to find a way to play Spotify through my receiver/sound system at home. I have a headphone jack I can plug in from my phone, but I didn't know if I would lose a lot of quality doing that. Any of you guys have any experience in the subject or recommendations?
headphone jack will be fine

I know some newer systems have a wireless Connect feature for Spotify, but I wouldn't be worried about quality considering the streams are only 160kbps/320kbps (free/premium)

Josh McCown is a baller.

Greg I think you need to go train with him
racist

He has only played 2 years of LB and had a worse senior season then junior season. I would pass on him for sure. Eagles need players and not projects.

MechDX

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php

We've reached out to many teams about Bridgewater, and all have been down on him. Perhaps the most glaring response we've heard came from an executive with an NFC playoff team that has no need for a starting quarterback. They have their franchise signal-caller, but they could use a reserve, so we asked this executive his thoughts on some quarterbacks, including Bridgewater.

The NFC executive said that he thought Bridgewater was a "fourth-round guy" and will fall out of the first round. He said that there isn't anything exceptional about Bridgewater's skill set, as he doesn't have an elite arm, size or mobility. Because of that, he felt that Bridgewater is a fourth-round talent.

Another scouting director picking in the top 20 that could consider a quarterback told us that his team never had Bridgewater as a first-round pick. They said he's carried a second-round grade throughout the process. They still have him as a second-round pick after his much-maligned pro day.

Sources from three teams in the top 10 have told us that they have Blake Bortles and Derek Carr graded ahead of Bridgewater. One team also has A.J. McCarron rated ahead of Bridgewater.

Tha fuck? I still see people rating him a top 10 pick.

Top Bottom