• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Slo

I like Bortles. I understand that people don't think he's a slam dunk, but he's the QB that I'd be happiest with in the first round.

squicken

I like Bortles. I understand that people don't think he's a slam dunk, but he's the QB that I'd be happiest with in the first round.

Best QB for Norv's offense, but I think he has to sit at the start of the year. Which puts them in an odd spot b/c Cassell is not a good fit for Norv's offense

Slo

Best QB for Norv's offense, but I think he has to sit at the start of the year. Which puts them in an odd spot b/c Cassell is not a good fit for Norv's offense

I don't know a lot about Norv's offense, what's Rivers got that Cassel doesn't?

2011 qb draft class is coming to judgement day. we already know kap, gabbert and tolzien are on top but what about the others? you have cam who is good i suppose. but andy dalton has a better career record and has taken his team to the playoffs 3 straight years. christian ponder looked to be decent and then the vikings sort of just said fuck off. jake locker also looked to be coming around but he's always hurt. then you had the other jokers drafted later like mallett and stanzi. if i had to rate the qb's:

1a. Kap
1b. Gabbert
1c. Tolzien
4. cam
5. dalton
6. locker
7. ponder
8. Mallett?
9. Mitch Mustain

squicken

I don't know a lot about Norv's offense, what's Rivers got that Cassel doesn't?

Rivers never had a big arm, but he had a quick release and quick recognition. But it's a good point. More than anything, he wants to run a vertical pass game off of play action, and he can do that obviously with AP and those WRs. I really like the potential of the Vikes. Long way to go on defense, but Zim is good at developing players there.

First time in a while I have faith that the Packers won't just coast to the playoffs. Good coaching now in CHI and MIN

cdyhybrid

2011 qb draft class is coming to judgement day. we already know kap, gabbert and tolzien are on top but what about the others? you have cam who is good i suppose. but andy dalton has a better career record and has taken his team to the playoffs 3 straight years. christian ponder looked to be decent and then the vikings sort of just said fuck off. jake locker also looked to be coming around but he's always hurt. then you had the other jokers drafted later like mallett and stanzi. if i had to rate the qb's:

1a. Kap
1b. Gabbert
1c. Tolzien
4. cam
5. dalton
6. locker
7. ponder
8. Mallett?
9. Mitch Mustain

Kaep over Gabbert and Tolzien immediately invalidates this list.

MechDX

1a. Kap
1b. Gabbert
1c. Tolzien
4. cam
5. dalton
6. locker
7. ponder
8. Mallett?
9. Mitch Mustain

T+j+Yates+Houston+Texans+v+Indianapolis+Colts+Tj6n_IgaEfBl.jpg

Only QB drafted that year the lead their team to a playoff game and won. 2014...The Return

I like Bortles, JFF, and Teddy. Ppl get alittle carried away with the not a sure thing stuff. No ones Luck but tht dosent mean these guys are bad qbs. I think this year is more of a Pick your flavor at Qb. I could see all 3 of these guys succeeding.

Konka

Banned
I like Bortles, JFF, and Teddy. Ppl get alittle carried away with the not a sure thing stuff. No ones Luck but tht dosent mean these guys are bad qbs. I think this year is more of a Pick your flavor at Qb. I could see all 3 of these guys succeeding.

They're all gonna bust.

tmdorsey

AJC's latest mock has us trading up to 3 to get Robinson. I'm ok with that. I'm all for trading up as long as we get one these immediate impact, potential game changer players and we don't have to give up this year's second round pick.

MechDX

mike freeman ‏@mikefreemanNFL · 5m
This burying of Bridgewater is some of the biggest bullish-- I've seen in 25 years of covering the NFL.

1.Cam
2.Gabbert
3.Kaepernick
4. Tolzien
5. AJ Green
6. locker
7. ponder
8. Mallett?
9. Mitch Mustain

Fixed

i think QB's are graded in head to head playoff matchups. did any of those QB's play each other at any time in the playoffs and if so what was the result? i can't remember

If you want to give the QB all of the credit for 53 dudes winning or losing go ahead.

If I remember correctly Cam Newton wasn't the one blowing coverages and missing tackles against the 49ers.

Colasante

mike freeman ‏@mikefreemanNFL · 5m
This burying of Bridgewater is some of the biggest bullish-- I've seen in 25 years of covering the NFL.

The Bridgewater vs. Anti-Bridgewater feud is going to erupt in bloodshed before this draft commences. I can't believe there are three more weeks of this nonsense.

MechDX

The Bridgewater vs. Anti-Bridgewater feud is going to erupt in bloodshed before this draft commences. I can't believe there are three more weeks of this nonsense.

I blame the damn Manzielots. Fuckin Squicken!

At least we get the schedules next week. Tuesday I think

squicken

kave plz. narag and spin might see that

I blame the damn Manzielots. Fuckin Squicken!

At least we get the schedules next week. Tuesday I think

?

All along I've said I like him over Bortles or Carr or Savage or whichever QB I've never heard of is a 2nd round pick next week

And as best I can tell, it's The Manzealots vs The Insane Clowney Posse. No Teddy

MechDX

Retweeted by Not Coach O'Brien

Jive Romeo Crennel ‏@JiveCoachRomeo · 11m
Me and @NotCoachOBrien have Johnny and Clowney coming to the stadium on Monday. Locking them both in a room, last one standing is the pick.

Jive Kevin Sumlin ‏@JiveKevinSumlin · 7m
Romeo, you need to stock the bar for McLovin's visit if you want to impress him. @JiveCoachRomeo @NotCoachOBrien

These parody accounts : jnc Henceforth I shall refer to Manziel as McLovin.

kave plz. narag and spin might see that

?

All along I've said I like him over Bortles or Carr or Savage or whichever QB I've never heard of is a 2nd round pick next week

And as best I can tell, it's The Manzealots vs The Insane Clowney Posse. No Teddy
You were a non believer at first but I'm glad you saw the light. Praise the Holy Tebow.

Do you have Spotify? If so, go to the search box and enter "(city name games here) Sports Band". There's one for most cities, but Baltimore Sports Band for example, and it's a guy who makes songs for all the sports in that city. It's pretty bad, but pretty funny. If you don't want to do that, the guy has a new album "Sports Songs for People Who Like Sports Songs" by The Athletic Sports Band, and there are some great songs, my favorite being "Ladies Love Ben Roethlisberger" (although that might be from a different album). Other gems to check out:

Pete Carroll Rules the WOrld
The Colin Kaepernick Saga
A Song About Mark Behrle
The Matt Cassel Story

It's worth a listen.

rando14

Once-prized QB Jimmy Clausen just wants another NFL chance

WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif. — Jimmy Clausen has two modest goals at the moment: get his throwing arm back in shape and find a job. And he hasn't given up on being an NFL starter again, either.

"That's what I want," Clausen, once a prized prep recruit and Notre Dame standout, told USA TODAY Sports this week while driving to a throwing session. "The only thing I can ask for is an opportunity — a legit opportunity to compete to be a No. 2 and hopefully work my way up."

"I think it's been a fire under his butt not being with a team right now," said Clausen's longtime trainer, Ryan Capretta. "I can tell you he's in here probably three hours a day. He's working with a therapist. He's out running with the rest of the guys. He's lifting. He's doing everything he can."

Clausen also is throwing four times a week with his quarterback coach, Steve Clarkson. He estimates his arm is about 95% back to normal and on track to participate in OTAs, if and when he gets signed.

Quick quick quick, go sign him Pete!! We need a QB to compete with Gabbert down in SF!!

Top Bottom