• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Boose

So Fisher said at the season ticket holders event tonight that CLE offered STL #4 and a 2015 1st for Bradford and #2 this year

CLE moves up 2 spots and gets Bradford, but loses it's 2015 first round pick. Interesting

Not worth it. Throw in another first Brownies.

E: ^^^ That makes more sense to me. Can't imagine them doing that deal now.

So was the event just some giant Bradford celebration? Lol

This is the year he pulls a Joe flacco except instead of 60 yard bombs its via overly complex 3-yard passes.

squicken

So was the event just some giant Bradford celebration? Lol

This is the year he pulls a Joe flacco except instead of 60 yard bombs its via overly complex 3-yard passes.

haha no. They had Warner and Eisen via Skype. Saffold was there and some other guys. Just the story was that they were done trying to sell idea they would draft JFF, and they are going with Bradford

Holy shit this new draft schedule sucks. Too much dead time

0ZsDR0d.gif

minx

Probably make a page on Gaming but here is the Xbox One NFL Draft ticker. You can also watch the NFL Draft for free on the Xbox One app (you don't need Gold) and snap the ticker so you can be watching Netflix or playing a game while keeping up with the draft
http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/xbox-one-nfl-draft

I this the app xbox one or can I also watch it on the Xbox One app on my phone? I'm looking for a way to watch it on mobile tomorrow.

Also Mayock, who is usually pretty spot on with prospect grades, mocked Pryor to the Bears just like I did in the Neogaf mock draft. I feel like a genius.

squicken

Draft Day-- Peter King: Read it

2. I think, when the dust settles, Houston, with some regret, will probably take Clowney. Regret because the Texans wish they could move down and take Khalil Mack and get a pick or two as a broker’s fee.

6. I think one of the big spots in this draft is No. 19. The Dolphins don’t have a tackle at 19 they love, and at No. 20 sits Derek Carr-smitten Arizona. Teams behind Arizona know they have to move up to at least No. 19 if they want a shot at Carr. I am sure new Miami GM Dennis Hickey is getting some calls about the pick, and if I were him, I’d sell.

7. I think there’s a team with a very good veteran quarterback in his 30s that loves Blake Bortles. Just loves him. And if Bortles somehow falls into the twenties, this team is going to try to trade for a pick to get him. [Saints? -sq]

UberTag

I don't put much stock in the Cards being smitten with Carr (although they'll pull the trigger if Bortles is already nabbed by Tennessee or Minnesota) but I do like King's call out of the 49ers having 6 picks to play with in the first 3 rounds.

Cleveland has the 2nd most picks to play with in those rounds at 5 total.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Not sure who the 49ers would trade up for. There's no chance they'll get Watkins and Evans would probably take their first, a second, and a future first at least.

Odell Beckham Jr. Detroit is sitting at number 10 and needs a ton of help. Make that trade, SF.

MechDX

Texans want to swap first round picks Thursday and acquire first and second round picks this year and first round pick in 2015.

Pancakes on Twitter

Talon

I agree with most of your points. I believe that the only DE on the roster currently who still has potential to break out is Massaquoi.
I started off writing without any intention of focusing on a position and then talked myself into it.

To be honest, I wouldn't be crushed if we moved up to 2 or 3 to grab Mack.

Wes

venison crêpe
Texans want to swap first round picks Thursday and acquire first and second round picks this year and first round pick in 2015.

Pancakes on Twitter

Pancakes on twitter?! I need to make an account. Are they made with pineapple bits in?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
bah, tough. I'd like to trade down into the late teens or early 20s, to get Denard. We could miss Fuller and Pryor too if we trade that far down.

But pick up an extra combination of 2nd/3rd and/or possibly next year's first as well? Would be well worth it.

I started off writing without any intention of focusing on a position and then talked myself into it.

To be honest, I wouldn't be crushed if we moved up to 2 or 3 to grab Mack.

Realistically, that's a trade I'd expect would happen unless the Texans back off their ridiculous demands for the #1.

Tamanon

Banned
Since the draftees get to pick their own music on the first day, we should guess how many Drake songs we'll hear.

We know at least Manziel will play one. I just hope some defender chooses the Imperial Death March as he walks to the podium.

MechDX

Draft Day. Just remember, when your team takes a player you don’t agree with, it’s because of that bad thing you did as a child.

Love,
Mom

Top Bottom