• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

MechDX

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 16s
The only QB the #Texans had interest in that was drafted was Blake Bortles RT @chalupaBatman74: elaborate??

rando14

Woooo what a great draft!! My Hawks ding dong ditched the first round like they should have, and my friends up in Cleveland Gaf are happy :D

Talon

"Why the hell is he Johnny Football? Aren't there other way better football players that deserved that nickname?" - my wise girlfriend

Happy with the Rams first round, Robinson was the obvious pick at #2 and that defensive line looking damn fine now. Shame about Bradford though

Kinda hoped we might trade back into the first and grab Teddy :(

Clearly these girls didn't get the memo.

BnKgKbHIQAA81TC.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Welcome back to the land of above average Minny. I'm unhappy with you guys getting Teddy.

Get back down in your basement Detroit!

Woooo what a great draft!! My Hawks ding dong ditched the first round like they should have, and my friends up in Cleveland Gaf are happy :D

Twitter is saying Easley was gonna be the pick for you guys, but the moment the Pats picked him, the Hawks moved on the trade.

My winners of the first round (not surprising, they all had multiple picks):

1) Cleveland: Not the biggest Johnny Football fan, but they got a Kings ransom from the Bills
2) Rams: Very fortunate Donald fell to them, solidifying the lines, building the right way. That defensive line is SCARY
Vikings: Did the right thing and went up and got Bridgewater. I'm iffy on Barr, his tape wasn't very good.

tmdorsey

Christian Ponder about to be a highly paid backup.

Talon/storybook

I've got some concerns. Everybody else in the division picked receivers. Tall, big and or fast. Currently we have exactly no pass rush and small corners. A friend of mine pointed we gave up an avg of 27.7 ppg last season. I think we may have a serious problem defensively.

Y'all need to talk me down right now. Lol

The Lions really solidified why they've been such a failure of an organization for so long. Ebron is a great player but I don't see a point in drafting a TE in the top ten when you just re-signed one and have another that showed huge potential last year catching multiple TDs.

Nearly every playoff team loaded up on defense tonight. The 20s were full of CBs and safeties...that's where we should have been, after trading down. There are 6'5 TEs in the second round, if that's what we "have" to have.

I guarantee we'll get a WR in the second or third round tomorrow, just watch. Yesterday the prospect excited me, but after this pick how much sense does it make. Sigh...

Grats, Green Bay.

Boose

Rams front seven this year.

Dunbar, Laurinaitis, and Ogletree.
Quinn, Donald, Brockers, and Long.

With William Hayes and Kendall Langford subbing in.

My erection is never going down.

LJ11

That wasn't even the best catch he made that game.

There was one against two deep coverage where Jameis hit him in the honey hole, and he took out a step ladder and climbed between two defenders. Hope my memory isn't shit, but I'm pretty sure it was against the Tigers. Insane catch.

overcast

Not a bad first round for the Rams IMO. I think we're done building AROUND Bradford. He has capable enough WR's and a good RB in Stacy. Defense will win the west.

We still need a weapon reciever, but I'm okay with not grabbing Evans or Watkins at 2.

Repost from the draft OT.

image.php

Im numb to shitty QB play

:(

The Lions really solidified why they've been such a failure of an organization for so long. Ebron is a great player but I don't see a point in drafting a TE in the top ten when you just re-signed one and have another that showed huge potential last year catching multiple TDs.

Nearly every playoff team loaded up on defense tonight. The 20s were full of CBs and safeties...that's where we should have been, after trading down. There are 6'5 TEs in the second round, if that's what we "have" to have.

I guarantee we'll get a WR in the second or third round tomorrow, just watch. Yesterday the prospect excited me, but after this pick how much sense does it make. Sigh...

Grats, Green Bay.

He's better than Evans. I assume he will be used as a WR more or less.

Talon

Talon/storybook

I've got some concerns. Everybody else in the division picked receivers. Tall, big and or fast. Currently we have exactly no pass rush and small corners. A friend of mine pointed we gave up an avg of 27.7 ppg last season. I think we may have a serious problem defensively.

Y'all need to talk me down right now. Lol
Yeah, the defense will be rough even if we hit home runs in the 2nd and 3rd. Who rushes the passer for us? Do you trust Spoon to be consistent all of a sudden? Will Massaquoi bust out?

The only "plus" players in my eyes are Babs, Moore, Des, and Spoon - and two of those guys are injury-prone. Peters and Jackson are good/okay. Rest of the linebackers are poop.

I'm more worried about safety. Won't be able to find a plug and play starter at this point. Moore needs a rangy partner.

I'm comfortable with our corners. Des is a baller. Alford showed well in limited time, and McClain is a solid nickel corner. Wilson stinks, but hopefully he'll only show up in nickel and dime situations.

That said, I'm ecstatic about Matthews. We need a sure thing on the offensive line, and I feel about 30x better about having Matthews and Baker as the bookends.

squicken

Not a bad first round for the Rams IMO. I think we're done building AROUND Bradford. He has capable enough WR's and a good RB in Stacy. Defense will win the west.

We still need a weapon reciever, but I'm okay with not grabbing Evans or Watkins at 2.

Repost from the draft OT.

I'd rather have Martin than Donald. How much better is Donald than Langford? Meanwhile Martin would have been a huge upgrade for the OL and given an injury prone group a versatile piece

Top Bottom