• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

KZS7sgK.jpg

Eleuin

Would've preferred Mosley but I'm happy with the dix, crazy how that worked out.
Really thought the cards were going to pick him but bucannon is good too.

The ward pick is puzzling though

Boose

I'd rather have Martin than Donald. How much better is Donald than Langford? Meanwhile Martin would have been a huge upgrade for the OL and given an injury prone group a versatile piece

I fell in love with Martin these last couple weeks so I was kinda bummed about not getting him. But I have faith that Donald will be much better than Langford. Little biased tho cause I've never truly liked Langford.

Fisher and Snead said in the first round presser that they were gonna trade up if Martin got by the cowboys. Said it would have been pricey but worth it.

Damn stupid Cowboys :(

mr2xxx

Banned
Some good talent left for the Skins.

WR- Marqis Lee, Lattimer

OL: Su'a-Filo, Bitonio, Kouandjio, Moses

CB: Jean Baptiste, Joyner

DT: Jernigan, Nix, Hageman

DE: Tuitt, Ealy

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
4.38 40, 42" vert, 10'10" broad jump. Son of a preacher. Loves football. This Shazier pick is growing on me. Haven't seen a LB with this kind of athleticism since Urlacher.

I'm guessing that LeBeau finally has his weapon to replace Troy. Tried Timmons, but he wasn't bright enough for it. Wanted Spence to do it, but he destroyed his knee. It won't be immediate, but Shazier could be an integral part of the new Steel Curtain.

Trey

Not really. Our front office thrives in the later rounds, but you need picks to make it work and we are a bit short this year. Now we drop a few spots and get another!

I hope you realize the amount of luck that goes into these fourth round gems, too. It's not something I would count on.

Talon

4.38 40, 42" vert, 10'10" broad jump. Son of a preacher. Loves football. This Shazier pick is growing on me. Haven't seen a LB with this kind of athleticism since Urlacher.

I'm guessing that LeBeau finally has his weapon to replace Troy. Tried Timmons, but he wasn't bright enough for it. Wanted Spence to do it, but he destroyed his knee. It won't be immediate, but Shazier could be an integral part of the new Steel Curtain.
Ryan is a baller. He's everything Timmons ain't.

I'm worried. Not about the pick, but about Timmons. Plan is for him to move to buck. Is he gonna make the calls too? He has not proven to be any good at it.

slabrock

Banned
Was sitting with my buddies watching the draft and when the lions pick came up I had a bad feeling they were gonna draft Ebron. All kinds of talent but can he put it together? Hopefully he works on the drops, unlike Petty.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I think GB got a 1st round pick that will actually contribute right away! Very excited about it.

rando14

I think shazier will be a stud

I hope you realize the amount of luck that goes into these fourth round gems, too. It's not something I would count on.

Red Bryant, Richard sherman, Byron Maxwell, kam chancellor, Jeremy Lane, Malcolm Smith, Walter Thurmond... We're certainly not bad with late rounders

Trey

I think shazier will be a stud

Red Bryant, Richard sherman, Byron Maxwell, kam chancellor, Jeremy Lane, Malcolm Smith, Walter Thurmond... We're certainly not bad with late rounders

Not bad. But not gonna keep getting value out of fourth rounders to the point where you don't need to hit in the earlier rounds.

Boose

Really like what the Vikings pulled off today seems like 2 good drafts in a row for them.

Loved the Rams draft so far.

I want Su'a-Filo, FS or CB tomorrow and I will be happy with the draft.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm worried. Not about the pick, but about Timmons. Plan is for him to move to buck. Is he gonna make the calls too? He has not proven to be any good at it.

It doesn't matter who makes the calls. Buck lb's making them is a matter of tradition more than anything. If the mac lb needs to make them, so be it.

It doesn't matter who makes the calls. Buck lb's making them is a matter of tradition more than anything. If the mac lb needs to make them, so be it.

That's all well and good, but Foote didn't learn the system for three years. Steelers can't afford to wait that long for Shazier.

Perhaps Spence is the short term solution, but the dude hasn't played a snap his entire career.

Colasante

Can't lie, the fact that the Seahawks wanted Easley makes me like the pick even more. Revis versus Sammy Watkins twice a year is going to be very fun to watch too.

cajunator

Banned
After watching Brandin's highlight vid Im really happy about it. He plays in a system that looks very Saints-like. He should be familiar with the system very quickly.

I have a cough and a slight fever. I think i'll wait until tomorrow to start watching tape of Shazier.

I'm just glad the Steelers didn't go corner. I would have been so disappointed.

Boose

After watching Brandin's highlight vid Im really happy about it. He plays in a system that looks very Saints-like. He should be familiar with the system very quickly.

Think he is gonna be great in the Saints O. They have the perfect system for him.

Can't wait to hear all the shit talking about him being better than Tavon next year.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
BnKwbCACAAAtvv2.jpg

That's all well and good, but Foote didn't learn the system for three years. Steelers can't afford to wait that long for Shazier.

Perhaps Spence is the short term solution, but the dude hasn't played a snap his entire career.

Pretty sure Vince or Spence will be starting out of the gate. After that, have Mitchell run up and make the calls. Or have Peezy yell them in from the sideline. Something.

That just highlights the need they have. Old man Foote is gone. Spence is a monster question mark. Timmons, while solid, didn't become a superstar nor is he a team leader. Vince Williams is incredibly raw. Who else is left, Garvin? He's a special teamer.

JABEE

Lj. Tell me the Marcus Smith pick is going to be okay. Damn you, Saints!

First you take Byrd and now you take Cooks. :(

Top Bottom