• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

That just highlights the need they have. Old man Foote is gone. Spence is a monster question mark. Timmons, while solid, didn't become a superstar nor is he a team leader. Vince Williams is incredibly raw. Who else is left, Garvin? He's a special teamer.

Don't get me wrong I love the pick. It's just that i've seen Timmons with too much responsibility and he's awful. He's a run and hit guy. He's not a leader, and you need a strong leader to make the calls.

Maybe' they'll throw the dot on Mitchell like chuck says.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
That just highlights the need they have. Old man Foote is gone. Spence is a monster question mark. Timmons, while solid, didn't become a superstar nor is he a team leader. Vince Williams is incredibly raw. Who else is left, Garvin? He's a special teamer.

Buffalo Bills man of the year, Arthur Moats.

Don't get me wrong I love the pick. It's just that i've seen Timmons with too much responsibility and he's awful. He's a run and hit guy. He's not a leader, and you need a strong leader to make the calls.

Maybe' they'll throw the dot on Mitchell like chuck says.

Yeah, I think they know where they stand with Timmons after they tried to give him the duties. I'm sure they will come up with something...or maybe they feel Shazier is bright enough to catch on quick. I just hope the kid stays healthy.

Buffalo Bills man of the year, Arthur Moats.

Oh yeah, forgot they got him. Don't know much about him yet to see how he fits.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Gerry Dulac @gerrydulac

Dallas Cowboys were ready to select Ryan Shazier at No. 16 until #Steelers grabbed him. Agent was on phone w Cowboys.
9:12 PM - 8 May 2014

overcast

I'd rather have Martin than Donald. How much better is Donald than Langford? Meanwhile Martin would have been a huge upgrade for the OL and given an injury prone group a versatile piece
It seems like Fisher likes depth at line, but I'm not sold on Langford. Donald apparently thrives in the 3 set.

I wouldn't have wanted another offensive linemen in round 1. If anything I'm sort of upset we didn't grab something in the secondary (Fuller or Dix) or another target for Bradford. Cause those are some pressing ass needs right there. We can't score for shit.

I want to personally thank the Jags for being idiots, allowing Mack to fall to the Raiders

look at the scouting report though:

Gabbert
has prototypical size and excellent speed for the position. Shows the ability to make the right pre-snap reads. Possesses a quick release and has the arm strength to make all the throws. Well-balanced passer that rarely misses on short-to-intermediate throws. Extremely mobile to extend plays and fast enough to move the chains. Vocal leader and hard worker.

jags know what they're doing brah

MechDX

#Titans RT @ClayTravisBGID Lewan has a worse criminal profile right now than Pacman Jones did in 2005 at time of draft. Let that marinate

This true?

I want to personally thank the Jags for being idiots, allowing Mack to fall to the Raiders

I'm trying to fall in love with him. Might take me awhile.

I do like that he will push Moore to Will, which is a better place for him. I still want a big thumper MLB to play on run downs too.

Also Mack 'n Moore has a nice ring to it.

Ton of great players left. Hope Reggie doesn't take Carr, don't think he will. But who knows.

squicken

It seems like Fisher likes depth at line, but I'm not sold on Langford. Donald apparently thrives in the 3 set.

I wouldn't have wanted another offensive linemen in round 1. If anything I'm sort of upset we didn't grab something in the secondary (Fuller or Dix) or another target for Bradford. Cause those are some pressing ass needs right there. We can't score for shit.

Oh I think they should have gone Evans/Watkins and then Martin. I really like Robinson, but like you said, they have to score. I just get sick of Fisher whining about the offense and then never really abandoning his DL fetish

I do like that he will push Moore to Will, which is a better place for him. I still want a big thumper MLB to play on run downs too.

Ton of great players left. Hope Reggie doesn't take Carr, don't think he will. But who knows.

carr will be long gone by the time the raiders pick again

Farooq

Banned
I have to say, I love the pick by Dallas. Three of the last four years Jerry has drafted an offensive linemen. Rebuilding that great wall. Man...a tear just went down my eye.

Hoping for Hageman, I really want no part of Carr with that early 2nd

BigAT

Just got home, I'm going to go ahead and assume that gata.gif got posted sometime during the night?

jagskidylb4w.gif

I have to say, I love the pick by Dallas. Three of the last four years Jerry has drafted an offensive linemen. Rebuilding that great wall. Man...a tear just went down my eye.

I like them not being stupid and taking Manziel, but they need to address defense

Farooq

Banned
I like them not being stupid and taking Manziel, but they need to address defense

They could have reached for a defensive player, but I don't know. I think they played the draft very well, I mean Barr, Donald, and Shazier were gone. Besides a trade down, what else could they have done? Martin is a safe pick.

overcast

Oh I think they should have gone Evans/Watkins and then Martin. I really like Robinson, but like you said, they have to score. I just get sick of Fisher whining about the offense and then never really abandoning his DL fetish
Ah okay. Yeah, I mean DL wasn't drafting for need, which is the worst part. We are stuck in the same shit position of 10-17 point games. Defense will be keeping us in it until halfway through the 3rd where our secondary gives up a big play, then Bradford fumbles.

Stacy is going to love Robinson though.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
It's been a long day but when all is said and done I like the Ebron pick.

I still think we should've traded up to grab Watkins and offer exactly what the Bills offered, but I'm certainly happier with Ebron as an offensive playmaker than a DB.

Joe Lombardi coming from the school of Sean Payton was one of the most important factors in this pick. Our offense will be run Saints style with Ebron running routes out of slot, Jimmy Graham style.

The Lions fans bitching are hilarious. Who else were we going to pick? Deenard? Clinton Dix? Nonsense. We need offensive playmakers and Ebron is going to be a key part of that.

I really like the pick the more I think about it. It'll be very interesting to see what we do with our 2nd round, 3rd round and three 4th round picks but I expect at least one speed back akin to Sproles to help backup or take over Reggie Bushs' job.

They could have reached on Ealy, but I don't know. I think they played the draft very well, I mean Barr, Donald, and Shazier were gone. Besides a trade down, what else could they have done? Martin is a safe pick.

I would have taken Ha Ha Clinton-Dix if I was in their position

I still think we should've traded up to grab Watkins and offer exactly what the Bills offered, but I'm certainly happier with Ebron as an offensive playmaker than a DB.

Joe Lombardi coming from the school of Sean Payton was one of the most important factors in this pick. Our offense will be run Saints style with Ebron running routes out of slot, Jimmy Graham style.

The Lions fans bitching are hilarious. Who else were we going to pick? Deenard? Clinton Dix? Nonsense. We need offensive playmakers and Ebron is going to be a key part of that.

I really like the pick the more I think about it. It'll be very interesting to see what we do with our 2nd round, 3rd round and three 4th round picks but I expect at least one speed back akin to Sproles to help backup or take over Reggie Bushs' job.

I think he's a much better pick than Evans would have been.

squicken

Ah okay. Yeah, I mean DL wasn't drafting for need, which is the worst part. We are stuck in the same shit position of 10-17 point games. Defense will be keeping us in it until halfway through the 3rd where our secondary gives up a big play, then Bradford fumbles.

Stacy is going to love Robinson though.

Exactly. Inevitably the Rams DBs blow a play. Still no safeties and all the good ones are gone. Maybe Joyner? And Rams like that guy who can make plays and have an unimaginative OC. Should at least be Schotty and Sam's last year together

Posted in the other thread, but the Lions would have traded for Sammy if he fell to 5.

minx

You need offensive playmaker yet defense has been winning SuperBowls lately. How are you going to defend Marshall and Jeffrey? Nelson, Cobb and Boykin?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I think he's a much better pick than Evans would have been.

I hope you're right. Like I said the more I think about it the better it sounds.

I certainly like it better than the Ziggy Ansah pick from last year.

Evans will be a hell of a receiver. But if Ebron is 50% of Jimmy Graham out of the slot the pick will be a huge success.

A tight end is a QBs best friend. So if Megatron is covered and Golden Tate is also covered I'm willing to bet 9 times out of 10, Eric Ebron will burn a linebacker trying to cover him.

His off field issues and attitude worry me though.

Posted in the other thread, but the Lions would have traded for Sammy if he fell to 5.

Heh, had no idea. :/ I was driving the whole draft essentially but still listening. Would have loved Watkins but Ebron is going to be a stud.

Restore the Roar 2014.

Exactly. Inevitably the Rams DBs blow a play. Still no safeties and all the good ones are gone. Maybe Joyner? And Rams like that guy who can make plays and have an unimaginative OC. Should at least be Schotty and Sam's last year together

If people get fired after this year I have to imagine people would want to come coach here though. There's an excellent base to build off.

harSon

Banned
Yeah, I think they know where they stand with Timmons after they tried to give him the duties. I'm sure they will come up with something...or maybe they feel Shazier is bright enough to catch on quick. I just hope the kid stays healthy.

Once he comes into contact with that Pittsburgh hair, his bones will become brittle and his ligaments will become worn.

Striker

Rueben Randle has to pick up his game and not let Odell Beckham take over his spot. Granted I think all three will play a lot, but Randle has been wildly inconsistent with his route running so far. Maybe without KG's heavy option route system he won't have such an issue, we'll see.

I'm happy with the Mosley pick, although we definitely have other holes to fill. Apparently the Ravens had Mosley top 10 on their board, and they always go best player available (plus Ozzie loves his Alabama). I wanted a safety, but I now to Ozzie and all his genius. Plus Suggs, Darryl Smith, Arthur Brown, CJ Mosley, and Doom.....pretty solid.

Furyous

So nudes of Blake's girlfriend (or that what they claim to me) are out... hmmmm... not sure if her but whatever... FAP

*Heads to google to defend her honar*

Soooo... What do the Texans do at Qb ?

The safe pick is Jimmy G or Derek Carr. I hope they stay from Zach so the Cards can draft him.

Jimmy has dem 'tangibles. He's a strong locker room guy that has a blue collar work ethic.

Derek has proyotypical size but his accuracy under pressure scares me. Plus, his last name is Carr. I don't trust a football playing Carr to be a leader like I don't trust someone with the last name Romney to not act like a pretentious douche.

BrownsGAF, allegedly we're looking at another QB in later rounds. Who are we picking?

Hammer24

Banned
Did Lovie Smith really say in an interview, that he didn´t pick a QB as he sees Glennon as the future of the franchise?
What is going on? I think I need a hug :(

Top Bottom