• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

rando14

My worthless thoughts on our draft:

Round 2, Pick 13 (45) (From Lions) Paul Richardson : Good pick. More I have looked at his videos and read more, more I am coming to like him. A fusion between Harvin and Rice, fast as FUCK (4.28 in January). Excellent potential for explosive plays.

Round 2, Pick 32 (64) Justin Britt: Unsure. Supposedly a 6-7th round pick taken in the 2nd, not sure what they see in Britt but hey Cable likes what he saw.

Round 4, Pick 23 (123) (From Bengals) Kevin Norwood: I like this pick also. Imagine he's going to compete with Sidney Rice for a spot. Good leadership, good at jump balls.

Round 4, Pick 32 (132) Kevin Pierre-Louis : LOVE LOVE LOVE this pick, my opinion one of the best steals of the entire later rounds. Basically Ryan Shazier in the 4th round: guy's SPARQ score is through the roof, and his measurables are virtually equal to Shazier. I loved Shazier and I love KPL.

Round 5, Pick 32 (172) Jimmy Staten: Looks to be Red Bryant redux, which is absolutely fine with me. Good pick.

Round 6, Pick 23 (199) (From Bengals) Garrett Scott: Unsure, I don't know much about Scott and I can't find too much on him. Will trust in PCJSTC.

Round 6, Pick 32 (208) Eric Pinkins I really like this pick too. Sounds like we'll convert him to a DB, which is great because he is like a hybrid of Earl Thomas and Brandon Browner. He hits really hard and is extremely athletic. Also has an absurd SPARQ score, which PCJS really value highly.

Round 7, Pick 12 (227) (From Lions) Kiero Small: Solid pick. Compete with Coleman and Ware for the FB, really athletic.

NORMAL, Ill. -- Illinois State has dismissed all-conference senior defensive tackle Shelby Harris from the football program for conduct detrimental to the team, coach Brock Spack said Monday.

Harris, from Milwaukee, played in 33 career games with Illinois State after transferring from Wisconsin prior to the 2010 season. Earlier that year, he was suspended by the Badgers program for a violation of team rules.

Harris started all 13 games for Illinois State in 2012 as the Redbirds reached the FCS national quarterfinals. He was voted an All-Missouri Valley Football Conference First Team selection, recording 85 tackles, seven sacks and 16 tackles for loss.

Illinois State said Spack will have no further comment on Harris' dismissal.

Sounds like another Stacy McGee type pick.

No idea who Shelby Harris is.

Major character concerns, didn't even play ball last year. I hate the pick, especially with some guys I really like still available

"Played at Homestead. All-everything prep player his final two years for Highlanders. Redshirted at UW as a freshman in 2009 before being suspended for violating team rules in February 2010 and transferred to Illinois State. Started three years, finished with 173 tackles (32½ for loss) and 14 sacks in 33 games before being kicked off in March 2013 for conduct detrimental to the team. "Major character concern," one scout said. "He’s living in Milwaukee and training there. Big, strong guy.

He wouldn’t have been academically eligible last year, either." Ben Gardner, his former teammate at Homestead, has kept in touch. "He ended up at Illinois State and played really well but he kind of had trouble keeping his nose out of trouble," said Gardner. "I’ll tell you what, he’s extremely talented. He’s got long arms (345/8), very athletic. He still believes he can play and wants a shot." Vertical jump of 31½, 18 reps on the bench and Wonderlic of 25."

Major character concerns, didn't even play ball last year. I hate the pick, especially with some guys I really like still available

"Played at Homestead. All-everything prep player his final two years for Highlanders. Redshirted at UW as a freshman in 2009 before being suspended for violating team rules in February 2010 and transferred to Illinois State. Started three years, finished with 173 tackles (32½ for loss) and 14 sacks in 33 games before being kicked off in March 2013 for conduct detrimental to the team. "Major character concern," one scout said. "He’s living in Milwaukee and training there. Big, strong guy.

He wouldn’t have been academically eligible last year, either." Ben Gardner, his former teammate at Homestead, has kept in touch. "He ended up at Illinois State and played really well but he kind of had trouble keeping his nose out of trouble," said Gardner. "I’ll tell you what, he’s extremely talented. He’s got long arms (345/8), very athletic. He still believes he can play and wants a shot." Vertical jump of 31½, 18 reps on the bench and Wonderlic of 25."

definitely a weird pick.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Where is Kave at?

tumblr_mrvdm438nZ1s3g3ago1_400.gif

Colasante

Damn. We probably won't see any draft picks make a sizable impact until 2015. Potential UDFA targets for the Patriots: Brandon Coleman, Colt Lyerla (probably not), AC Leonard, Michael Sam, the Florida CBs, Ahmad Dixon, Christian Jones, Tyler Starr, Jackson Jeffcoat, Xavier Grimble. They still need to address the 4th linebacker spot and the 2nd tight end spot.

Furyous

Is there a list of QBs drafted today somewhere?

We drafted Logan Thomas!!! Given the dev time, he'll be a capable average starter. He needs to redshirt for two years at least IMHO.

I am happy like dude off the Seahawks practice squad that got a ring.

Tom Penny

Damn. We probably won't see any draft picks make a sizable impact until 2015. Potential UDFA targets for the Patriots: Brandon Coleman, Colt Lyerla (probably not), AC Leonard, Michael Sam, the Florida CBs, Ahmad Dixon, Christian Jones, Tyler Starr, Jackson Jeffcoat, Xavier Grimble. They still need to address the 4th linebacker spot and the 2nd tight end spot.

They will pick up a vet TE. I'm assuming they are moving Rutgers guy to safety since they didn't address that either?

MechDX

Is there a list of QBs drafted today somewhere?

We drafted Logan Thomas!!! Given the dev time, he'll be a capable average starter. He needs to redshirt for two years at least IMHO.

I am happy like dude off the Seahawks practice squad that got a ring.

Jimmy Garapolo and Tom Savage.

The rest just don't matter.

Duxxy3

Easley and White will have playing time. Stork has a chance to start immediately. The rest... yeah, 2015 is more likely.

effzee

I don't like the Eagles draft much at all.

Neither do many of the Eagles fan.

The draft nor the FA period.

Right now just riding on Chip hopefully knowing more than we do. A lot of picks look like "we are smarter than everyone else and know something you all don't". At least 2-3 guys they reached for when they had been preaching BPA.

Time will tell but right not a happy camper.

I like Dowling, but did we seriously just draft another guy who got kicked off a college team?

I guess 7th round is a good place to take a chance on these guys. Don't have to compete to bring them in as UDFA.

I like Dowling. Big dude. Rated as a 4th or 5th.

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 1m

One scout says Dowling, out of W. Kentucky, more interested in hitting than securing tackles ... Led NCAA w/ 6 forced fumbles ... 6-3, 190

Top Bottom