• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Didn't realize Waufle was fhe Dline coach for the Rams. Great coach.

I still blame Sheridan's utter ineptitude for his being fired from the Giants.

Apparently Charles Davis said he knew Of a FA wr heading to Cleveland with a smile. Must be TO!
That's a good candidate but think the Browns are #1 due to JFF circus.
I don't want hardknocks, doubt Haslam does ethier.

I remember farmer on KC hardknocks, Pettine was in New yorks I believe. And we already had that show on travel channel that was pretty cool.

Draxal

Didn't realize Waufle was fhe Dline coach for the Rams. Great coach.

I still blame Sheridan's utter ineptitude for his being fired from the Giants.

Eh, sheridan was bad, but apparently he was to friendly with the dline.

That's a good candidate but think the Browns are #1 due to JFF circus.

I really think that the Steelers, Giants, Bears report was true. Have to force one of the oldguard to do it.

Nakazato

Apparently Charles Davis said he knew Of a FA wr heading to Cleveland with a smile. Must be TO!

I don't want hardknocks, doubt Haslam does ethier.

I remember farmer on KC hardknocks, Pettine was in New yorks I believe. And we already had that show on travel channel that was pretty cool.

Him and OC ? LOL

So, Packers GAF.

Addressed the biggest needs (S, WR, DL, TE) ... except for ILB.

So apparently we're riding with another year of AJ Hawk (eh.) and Brad Jones :)suicide)

Yes because we all know Seattle invented the big safety.
I don't appreciate your sarcasm. We all know that when the Packers drafted Nick Collins in 2005, it was a reaction to the dominance of the 2013-2014 Seattle Seahawks!

I look like the bad guy right now, but please understand that I'm rooting for Mike Sam. I hope he kills it in the NFL.

I'm simply tired of people who don't know anything about football commenting on what is essentially a football matter. There is no great conspiracy against Michael Sam because he's gay.

Awww how cute everyone wants a big safety now.

Pats drafted a 5'9" guy to play Safety. Get on our level.

I look like the bad guy right now, but please understand that I'm rooting for Mike Sam. I hope he kills it in the NFL.

I'm simply tired of people who don't know anything about football commenting on what is essentially a football matter. There is no great conspiracy against Michael Sam because he's gay.

Could you be a bigger bigot, Alex?!

Eh, sheridan was bad, but apparently he was to friendly with the dline.
Thats such a laughable excuse to fire the guy, too. He was fired make sure the dline knew their play had consequences without factoring in the ridiculous injuries and nearly apocalyptic lack of depth at the safety position. Oh and moron coordinator....

Post-draft, my primary concerns for the Giants remains at guard and tight end. Tight end is the most glaring question mark.

I guess they fired Mike Pope because they figured they didn't have anybody worth a damn that needed coaching...

Nameless

The NFL without Merton Hanks is just a bunch of motherfuckers looking for a Merton Hanks

mertonhanks.gif

Greg

So, Packers GAF.

So apparently we're riding with another year of AJ Hawk (eh.) and Brad Jones :)suicide)
I agree with your thoughts on Jones, but I'm completely fine with Hawk at this point. Showed some good effort earlier last season, and you have to give him credit for staying healthy unlike the rest of the defense.

mr2xxx

Banned
I'm glad people are finally acknowledging it.

Of course before Chancellor everyone had had small CB sized guys unable to tackle RBs in the box or were unable to out jump ex-basketball playing TEs. For over 70 years they scratched their head on what to do until the Seahawks in 2010 said "Hey let's draft a bigger guy! Brilliant!"

Post-draft, my primary concerns for the Giants remains at guard and tight end. Tight end is the most glaring question mark.

I guess they fired Mike Pope because they figured they didn't have anybody worth a damn that needed coaching...

Pats got a massive WR and a solid TE for next to Gronk. We good.

rando14

Of course before Chancellor everyone had had small CB sized guys unable to tackle RBs in the box or were unable to out jump ex-basketball playing TEs. For over 70 years they scratched their head on what to do until the Seahawks in 2009 said "Hey let's draft a bigger guy! Brilliant!"

shawn-michaels.gif

Arizona just snatched up WR Kevin Smith.

We got S Dion Bailey.

Where are you following for the UDFA picks?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Of course before Chancellor everyone had had small CB sized guys unable to tackle RBs in the box or were unable to out jump ex-basketball playing TEs. For over 70 years they scratched their head on what to do until the Seahawks in 2010 said "Hey let's draft a bigger guy! Brilliant!"
More like they had free safeties who couldn't cover the whole field so they needed two to do the job! Who needs a big SS? That's what linebackers are for!

Where are you following for the UDFA picks?
If you're on twitter and a Seahawks fan then Davis Hsu will cover most of your needs!

Dunkers92

So, Packers GAF.

So apparently we're riding with another year of AJ Hawk (eh.) and Brad Jones :)suicide

Liked our draft a lot overall. So happy we got Clinton-Dix. Love the receivers we got also. We didn't move around with trades at all, which just feels weird with Ted at the helm.

ILB is a concern but this draft never was deep at that position so I'm not shocked we weren't able to pick anyone up. Maybe Bradford can move inside and at least give Jones some sort of competition.

To recap the Chiefs' draft:

Went into the draft needing a WR, TE, CB, and S.

Drafted a DE, CB, RB, QB, OG, and OT.

Do I need to remind the team we have two stellar RBs (one is top three in the league) and one of the highest paid backup QBs in the league? We filled exactly one team need.

cdyhybrid

Pete is a revolutionary guy. Forget that dude in Philly. Pete literally changed NFL defenses forever.

Colasante

If I was an UDFA TE, there's no place I'd rather be than in New England. There's such a clear path to playing time there if you're not a murderer.

Eleuin

TT didn't trade down once, time to retire the robot.
So, Packers GAF.

I hope we can bring in a UDFA and along with bradford have a competition for Jones' spot.
Still won't have a linebacker able to match up with a TE but we're getting there.

Do I need to remind the team we have two stellar RBs (one is top three in the league) and one of the highest paid backup QBs in the league? We filled exactly one team need.

Didn't like the Chiefs draft either

It'll be interesting to see how history writes this moment.

I'll finally know whether or not recent history is just propaganda or not.

Twitter is gross right now.

Black Mamba is kind of a slot WR/RB/KR. He could replace whats his face.

cdyhybrid

It'll be interesting to see how history writes this moment.

I'll finally know whether or not recent history is just propaganda or not.

Twitter is gross right now.

The fact that the Seahawks have a negative reputation is all the proof you need that everything is propaganda.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
TT didn't trade down once, time to retire the robot.

I hope we can bring in a UDFA and along with bradford have a competition for Jones' spot.
Still won't have a linebacker able to match up with a TE but we're getting there.

We apparently signed some ILB named Joe Thomas from South Carolina State.

Wish granted.

Dunkers92

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 8m

#Packers have agreed to terms with South Carolina State ILB Joe Thomas on a UDFA deal, according to a source.

It's already begun. Damn I hope someone beats out Jones

Edit: beaten

cdyhybrid

Seahawks get Chris Young ASU and Keith Price UW

Chris Young was supposed to be a Husky ;-;

Oh what could have been. At least he has a chance to play for my pro team now.

Also happy for Keith. Think it'll be tough for him to make the final roster but he might be able to beat out TP for the practice squad spot.

Top Bottom