• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Browns draft summary:

sWZ0Btf.gif

:jnc

Looks like Browns have signed 3 UDFA WR's already.

Boose

Very happy overall with the Rams draft.

Adding more depth to the Dline with Sam is nice. Glad to see him get picked there.
Going to have to work his ass off to get in the rotation but I hope he can do it.

Sooooo glad we got E.J. Gaines also from Mizzou. I was shocked to see him go so late think he is gonna be a steal.

The Official Pats Draft review by Dutch sponsored by the Shirtless League

1st round - Dominique Easley (DT, Florida) - Great player for a man without knees. Bill obviously still doesn't give a flying fuck about anything and goes full Cartman 'WHATEVAH I DO WUT I WANT'. Could be great, could be terrible. Joins a great list of Gators as Brandon Spikes, Aaron Hernandez and Jermaine Cunningham.

2nd round - Jimmy Garoppolo (QB, Eastern Illinois) -
51de430a23294.preview-300.jpg

'Nuff said

4th Round – Bryan Stork (OL, Florida State) - Massive bearded white guy who can play center/guard/tackle. Can't miss.

4th Round – James White (RB, Wisconsin) - First of 3 tiny players. Can do it all. 4th RB on the roster, the only one with a contract longer than a year (presumably).

4th Round – Cameron Fleming (OT, Stanford) - A goddamn genius. Majored in Aeronautics and Astronautics. A major so difficult I had to google it to know what it was about.

6th Round – Jon Halapio (G, Florida) - Another Gator, can't never have enough. Has a large belly.

6th Round – Zach Moore (DE, Concoria) - I didn't even know there was a college with the name of Concordia.

6th Round – Jemea Thomas (DB, Georgia Tech) - A tiny safety/CB, changing the league from whatever Pete Carrol changed it into.

7th Round – Jeremy Gallon (WR, Michigan) - Not legally a midget, but not all that tall. Still at 5'7" he towers over pretty much the entire Patriots receiving corps so we good.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Honestly I am pleased with the Browns draft. Yes Gordon might be gone forever but suddenly panicking and drafting a WR wasn't going to help that.

Would 1 or 2 guys really help supplant the gigantic hole that would be gone with no Gordon?

Browns didn't draft a wr but the draft was still very good, no one should disrespect it.

Gilbert - starter
JFF - future franchise Qb
Bitnonio - starter
Kirksey - most likely ILB starter across from Dansby, has great cover skills and is versatile. Won't come out on 3rd downs. Should help covering the Rbs and TE and make use not as horrible on 3rd downs
West - great second Rb will probably eventually be the guy at some point in the future. Should get a good amount of playing time
Desir - great size, could fight Skrine for the nickel job. If nothing else he'll be a good rotational guy and add much needed depth.

Trade me your Wrs
Apparently we could of had Stevie Johnson but Pettine didn't want him

Wes

venison crêpe
Honestly I am pleased with the Browns draft. Yes Gordon might be gone forever but suddenly panicking and drafting a WR wasn't going to help that.

Would 1 or 2 guys really help supplant the gigantic hole that would be gone with no Gordon?

I am too.

Coming out of the draft the only positions that perhaps could've used an upgrade as I see it are possibly Free Safety, Guard and WR #2. With the Gordon news you can chuck WR #1 in to that mix.

The main take away though is that the defence is llooking how Pettine wanted it, and our run game should be good. Just that passing game we'll have to wait on next year to improve it seems.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm overall happy with the Lions draft. I still wish we would've mortgaged a few picks to get Watkins, but I think Ebron will be solid and has the speed to be a great #2 opposite of Megatron. I think Stafford will target him more than Golden Tate.

Kyle Van Noy is going to be a hell of a linebacker. I loved that pick in the 2nd round and it should be noted that he was roommates at BYU with Ziggy Ansah. It's going to be great seeing him opposite of DeAndre Levy.

The only pick that worries me is our 3rd round pick, Travis Swanson. He was SI's number one rated center but from almost every scouting report I've read makes it seem like he's weak and gets pushed around. That can be fixed with NFL work out regiment and some HGH though. He'll be Dominic Raolas eventual successor eventually. Worst case scenerio is we plug him at guard opposite of Larry Warford, the best young OG in the league.

If Stafford stays healthy we're looking at least 10 wins this season IMO. Can't wait to see the Saints and Joe Lombardi offense in action this year. This team is going to be fun as hell to watch at the very least.

Edit: Its also great to see Michael Sam get drafted by the Lambs. Surprised to see a first team all SEC defense player get drafted in the 7th round. There were obvious reasons why he fell that far and they were not fair.

I am too.

Coming out of the draft the only positions that perhaps could've used an upgrade as I see it are possibly Free Safety, Guard and WR #2. With the Gordon news you can chuck WR #1 in to that mix.

The main take away though is that the defence is llooking how Pettine wanted it, and our run game should be good. Just that passing game we'll have to wait on next year to improve it seems.
Bitonio will play guard, unless you meant we need another one.

We could trade for a Wr, I've already saw lots of rumors in the last couple mins.

Top Bottom