• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

squicken

Philly fans

8496548612mkkk.gif

Philly fans

8496548612mkkk.gif

It is probably best to not post about thing you know nothing about. Car bomb used to play for the Flyers and he his a huge punk, he had just faked an injury trying to draw a penalty, and his next shift after laying on the ice playing dead he scores a goal and then skated over to the boards to taunt the fans.

squicken

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Johnny Manziel is having his visit with the Cleveland #Browns today, per source.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
The #Browns worked out Johnny Football on Saturday in College Station, remember, then get hours and hours with him today. #Qualitytime

squicken

Truth from Jerry Angelo

In these few weeks, it’s all about poker. You can’t believe anything you hear. Here is the challenge for Texans.

The Texans made the decision that neither Johnny Manziel, Blake Bortles or Jadeveon Clowney merit the first pick. What they have also decided is that Khalil Mack and Sammy Watkins are the most ready impactful player for them in the draft and one them will don the Texans colors on draft day.

What they are hoping is that they can trade down a few spot and get one of them, in particular, Mack.

Romeo Crennel has been running defenses for most of his career. A guy like Clowney has no fit in his 3-4, ‘Lawrence Taylor,’ type of scheme. Mack is the centerpiece for all 3-4 architects.

Mack is their guy, it’s just a matter of making sure they can capitalize on their pick. By trading down, they can get coveted picks or another pick to trade up to get their quarterback too.

Sammy Watkins is essential in this scenario, because the have to have a fall back guy in the event Mack is gone. Without Watkins as their back up plan, they can’t trade down.

So it’s pretty simple. Take another Mid American player with the first pick in the draft or wait and try and get him later, while picking up a few more draft picks and moving back up in the first round to get a quarterback.

Their dilemma, they like Johnny Football. He sells tickets and makes the spring and summer nirvana. But O’Brien has no more clue how to run a fast break offense with Manziel at the helm, than his mentor Bill Belichick would be at running a 4-3 defense. Could they do it? Yes, but that’s not who they are.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out, but I know one thing; if the Texans decide to play poker, they better know how to bluff and play their hand. Sometimes the hardest hand to play is the one that looks most obvious.

This is pretty close to how I feel about what Houston wants to do

Wes

venison crêpe
No one is going to trade up to one. It would simply cost too much. It would be fine if there was a QB to take at 1 but there isn't.

Texans can try all they like but unless they can convince the Falcons to give up the farm I think they're going to have to stay put.

Hammer24

Banned
They need a long term QB for the future. If the price was right of course they should fucking do it.

Looks to me like they haven´t sorted what to do with the ones they have yet. *shrugs* Oh well, its the Jets.

No one is going to trade up to one. It would simply cost too much. It would be fine if there was a QB to take at 1 but there isn't.

I´d say for a team setting their sights on Manziel, they wouldn´t have to trade up all the way to one. Looks like the Texans have set their eyes on Defense all the way.

Greg

Texans can try all they like but unless they can convince the Falcons to give up the farm I think they're going to have to stay put.
CW21eP5.jpg

Texans @ Browns SNF....Believe

I actually did some research on this a few days ago because it came up in the Browns forum I post at. Only one team (Saints) with a sub .500 record (in 2012) had a Sunday night game in 2013. Much better chance at the Browns getting another Thursday or Monday night game.

Bread

Banned

BOB will give Pats North a hometown discount, Mallett and a 1st for the pick. Praise be to him!

So I'm building a PC and my power supply said it was delivered on Monday but I didn't get anything, sent a quick email to amazon and got a full refund since they couldn't send me a new one, nice.

I hope the dolphins stay away from prime time, we always get embarrassed. I mean we lost to the bucs on MNF last season :/ Just keep us at 1pm games on Sundays.

All hail Lazor.

“My style: Big-play offense,” Wallace said, referring to first-year coordinator Bill Lazor’s new system. “I see Ryan’s excited about it. He’s called me about eight, nine times.

“I just want to make some plays for my team,” Wallace continued. “Go out and make some plays for my team and have a much better year than last year. We can't have the kind of year we had last year. We need to be on the same page.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/04/23/4074243/miami-dolphins-wr-mike-wallace.html

Well, interesting NFL news day for me. First up is Daryl Washington's sentencing which should have just started. It's expected he will just get probation but there's no doubt Goodell will suspend him when they meet at some point. I'm just really nervous about how many games he'll miss. It was 4 games for weed, how many for a minor case of aggravated assault?

Then we of course have the schedule at last. Please football gods, let us have the easiest stretch of our schedule at the start. Between Washington suspension, Honey Badger just coming back from a bad injury, and the new guys learning schemes...it would be a real bad time to play good teams. Hoping the tough stuff comes late when we're 100 percent.

manfestival

My boss just told me that she doesnt have enough money for our paychecks this coming Friday. GG! Anyone know of any things I can do online to get some side pay?

rando14

Top 10 Strength of Schedules for 2014

1. Oakland Raiders: 148-108, .578

2. Denver Broncos: 146-110, .570

3. St. Louis Rams: 144-111-1, .564

T-4. San Diego Chargers: 144-112, .563

T-4. San Francisco 49ers: 144-112, .563

6. Seattle Seahawks: 143-112-1, .561

7. Kansas City Chiefs: 143-113, .559

8.Arizona Cardinals: 140-116, .547

9. New York Jets: 132-122-2, .520

10. New England Patriots: 131-123-2, .516

Fucking NFC West, how come all these clowns gotta get good at the same damn time lol

Top Bottom