• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

dionysus

Yaldog
My boss just told me that she doesnt have enough money for our paychecks this coming Friday. GG! Anyone know of any things I can do online to get some side pay?

Is this likely to continue? It is a dog eat dog world don't give your labor away for free on nothing but promises. I'd start looking for other jobs right now to get a head start if things continue to go south.

bionic77

Is this likely to continue? It is a dog eat dog world don't give your labor away for free on nothing but promises. I'd start looking for other jobs right now to get a head start if things continue to go south.
I have known people who have worked at places for years where the boss was unreliable about paydays.

Scott Bischoff ‏@Bischoff_Scott 5m

Per a source, the #Lions are having discussions about moving #Suh before the draft to move up as high as possible in the first round.

Interesting, had heard rumors Raiders were interested in Fairley a couple months back but nothing about Suh.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 5m

This is interesting: QB Jimmy Garoppolo is visiting the Jets today, per source. Projected as 2nd rounder. Jets said to be interested. #nyj

That would be a Jets move alright.

Sorry to hear Gata
-
@Bischoff_Scott: Per a source, the #Lions are having discussions about moving #Suh before the draft to move up as high as possible in the first round.
Edit: beaten

smh the dolphins hired an ex FBI agent to be head of security..this fucken team.

Edit: I'm not against the idea...but this usually isn't news on a functional team.

bionic77

Sorry to hear Gata
-
@Bischoff_Scott: Per a source, the #Lions are having discussions about moving #Suh before the draft to move up as high as possible in the first round.
Edit: beaten
I would love it if the Lions won more games without Fatford and Stafford.

It would make Kas's tiny racist mind explode.

Scott Bischoff ‏ @ Bischoff_Scott 17m
This kind of deal is difficult, lots of hurdles to clear, but thru a common sense lens it makes sense if trying to get to # Clowney. # Lions

Eleuin

If Jimmy G goes before Bridgewater I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Guy would be afraid of the brooms used as defenders in manziels pro day

Jarnet87

Makes sense for the Lions to move Suh. They barely play defense now anyways, not worth giving him another mega contract. Trade up, secure another WR and just try to outscore everyone.

squicken

Isn't the dead money on Suh's contract prohibitive? Just can't see him being traded. I mean if DET wants Clowney and not Suh, then why would whoever they trade with want Suh over Clowney? Suh makes $20m/yr!

charles johnson ‏@randywattson 4m
Let's see if they numbers match up this season with all The's workout videos guys be posting since they back with there teams #smh #actors

That's my rational level-headed defensive end.

ActStriker said:

They can still only flex 2 out of the 6 games between Week 5 and Week 10 though, which I like. You make the SNF game flexable every week and its basically going to be some combination of NFCE/NFCW/Pats/Broncos/Packers every week and that gets boring. Let some of the great players on some of these other teams get some shine.

cdyhybrid

I'm okay with this.

Edit: Details

The potential flex games between Week 5 and Week 10 come with a stipulation. The NFL can't change the tentative Sunday Night Football game every week. The league can flex up to two games total into Sunday night between Weeks 5-10. The rest of the flexible schedule procedures from previous years remains intact. After Week 11, the NFL can flex any Sunday night game.

As before, only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window. Thursday, Saturday, and Monday games are not affected. Flex scheduling allows the league to handpick a game to be moved into the Sunday Night NBC window, avoiding lackluster matchups.

The procedure to decide on flex scheduling remains the same. The NFL will decide to flex games after consultation with the television networks. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the Sunday night game for Weeks 5-16. There is no tentative Sunday night game scheduled for Week 17, as usual. The league has to announce the final Sunday schedule with at least six days notice.

Isn't the dead money on Suh's contract prohibitive? Just can't see him being traded. I mean if DET wants Clowney and not Suh, then why would whoever they trade with want Suh over Clowney? Suh makes $20m/yr!

Yeah looks like Detroit would take a 20 million dead money hit. Team trading for him would pay him 12.5 unless he restructures.

Maybe Caldwell just wants to dump him. Or just a BS rumor.

manfestival

heh
I think that its uncertain right now because this is the first time that she has ever claimed this according to my coworkers (one of which has worked here for 7 years).

The Lions can void the final year of Suh's contract 4 days after the 2014 SB if they want. If they dont trade him, and he wont sign a somewhat reasonable contract I wouldnt be surprised to see him cut next year.

MRSA

Banned
Gata my closest and most endeared friend. Words can't replace what you have lost, know that we're all here for you.

Sorry for your loss Gata.

My mom is under Hospice care right now since her tumor came back and attached itself to her bladder as well as her colon. They removed it from the colon but it's inoperable as far as the bladder is concerned.

MechDX

Big change: Sunday night flex scheduling that used to start in week 11 now will kick off in week 5, per NFL.

The Texan effect.

Wes

venison crêpe
"Around The League has learned that games can now be flexed into "Sunday Night Football" as early as Week 5, according to a league source. In the past, "flex scheduling" did not start until Week 11. The league can also "cross flex" select games between CBS and FOX.

The potential flex games between Week 5 and Week 10 come with a stipulation. The NFL can't change the tentative "Sunday Night Football" game every week. The league can flex up to two games total into Sunday night between Weeks 5-10. The rest of the flexible schedule procedures from previous years remains intact. After Week 11, the NFL can flex any Sunday night game."

Top Bottom