• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Spinluck

Why doesn't Tony Parker get more respect?

Dude is one of the best offensive players in the league. I think he is better than Chris Paul but that is an unpopular opinion.

And eat some vegetables you savages. Give your colons a break once in awhile from that Taco Bell and Wendy's shit.

I'm not sure why, maybe because he is French? Cheated on Eva Longoria..? Who knows?

Btw, Kawhi Leonard is awesome.

Dude is one of the best offensive players in the league. I think he is better than Chris Paul but that is an unpopular opinion.

And eat some vegetables you savages. Give your colons a break once in awhile from that Taco Bell and Wendy's shit.

Chris Paul is

- American
- Plays in L.A
- BFF with LeBron, Wade and the Super friends
- Has an awesome twin brother by the name of Cliff
- Has awesome highlights with Blake and DeAndre

Tony Parker is
- French
- Plays in a spot where 80% of American can't probably point on a map. (really I dare you to tell me where S.A is, is it near Dallas? Houston? Austin? Tell me!)
- No longer is with Eva (I mean that's how women got to know him, now he lost that fanbase)
- And does pick and role with good ole Timmy for highlights.

Mostly cause his style of play is more European, and isn't as "highlight" friendly as other players. Also cause he's been performing that long at a very consistent level.

rando14

Didn't Tony Parker bang brent barry's wife or somethin like that?

P.S. Kawhi Leonard is a special man, who I would be honored to tag team Daddario with

Unless Silver suspends Duncan for the rest of the playoffs for basketball reasons, the Spurs are winning the title.

If they play the Heat they win in 6.

If they play the Pacers they sweep in one of the worst Finals in the history of mankind

Spinluck

Didn't Tony Parker bang brent barry's wife or somethin like that?

P.S. Kawhi Leonard is a special man, who I would be honored to tag team Daddario with

:lol

smh.

Unless Silver suspends Duncan for the rest of the playoffs for basketball reasons, the Spurs are winning the title.

If they play the Pacers they sweep in one of the worst Finals in the history of mankind

Duncan was out there looking 20 early on in the game lol. Dudes game is so sound.

Is it accepted that Pop is the best coach in the league right now?

Yea I see the same. I think Spurs vs Heat goes something like

Spurs 1,2,4,6
Heat 3,5

Spurs vs Pacers I'm not watching. Sorry... but no need to watch Spurs vs Cleveland part 2.

IMO the Pacers have a better shot than the Heat against SA.

bionic77

The only way the Heat beat the Spurs is if Parker or someone else important gets hurt in the Finals again.

If they play the Pacers it will be Spurs in 3.

Would love to see the Spurs embarrass the Heat in the Finals. That would also give James a losing record in the Finals. But it would give Duncan as many titles as Kobe. I don't like that.

Why? Duncan has always had a better career than Kobe. Kobe at his peak was obviously better than Duncan, but nothing really fucking with Duncan's longevity the last two decades.

Plus if Duncan wins a title... that mean he won a championship in the 90's, 00's, 10's

GANGGGGGGGGGGGGSTA!

Syrinx

I hope in the offseason LeBron bolts (he can bolt this offseason, right?) to a Western Conference team. Would they have to relegate the whole Eastern Conference to the D-league if that happened?

I hope in the offseason LeBron bolts (he can bolt this offseason, right?) to a Western Conference team. Would they have to relegate the whole Eastern Conference to the D-league if that happened?

LeBron, Wade, and Bosh to the Clippers. Clippers are sold from the evil Donald Sterling to the Seattle group. The Seattle group has convinced the owners to move to Seattle.

IMO the Pacers have a better shot than the Heat against SA.

The Pacers match up really well with the Heat and have waited the entire season just for this series. This is their Super Bowl. I'm pretty sure they would consider just getting to the Finals to be a major success for their season.

The Spurs aren't as good defensively as they used to be (but are much better offensively) but they still would be able to put the clamps on Indy.

I would give the Heat the two games against SA just because of the sheer greatness of Lebron carrying them to Ws. Paul George and Lance Stephenson aren't taking over games against the Spurs.

Naw, Pacers have the mental fortitude of a bag of diapers

Pop would shred em up breeeeeeeeeh!!

I like that we all believe OKC will lose this series :)
True, but they defend well and playing in the Finals would be the one thing (along with playing against the Heat) that can successfully keep their heads out of their asses for a full series.

:lol, the only Western conference team Lebron would bolt to is the Spurs. He is a frontrunner of unprecedented proportions.

Otherwise he'll stay in the east to have an easier path to the finals.

Eleuin

k.gif

bionic77

Why? Duncan has always had a better career than Kobe. Kobe at his peak was obviously better than Duncan, but nothing really fucking with Duncan's longevity the last two decades.

Plus if Duncan wins a title... that mean he won a championship in the 90's, 00's, 10's

GANGGGGGGGGGGGGSTA!
Kobe owned the Spurs in the playoffs like no other player. Dirk in recent years came the closest.

I find it amusing that a past his prime Duncan, washed up Ginobli and tail end of prime Parker so thoroughly outplayed the Heat for 5.9 games (4.9 of them with a gimpy Parker). But Kobe almost always ripped their hearts out (post 2000 and forgetting 2003).

I think part of that is Kobe was fucking amazing and also Phil being the coach. Spoelstra is overmatched.

Whatever time to sleep.

rando14

The Pacers match up really well with the Heat and have waited the entire season just for this series. This is their Super Bowl. I'm pretty sure they would consider just getting to the Finals to be a major success for their season.

The Spurs aren't as good defensively as they used to be (but are much better offensively) but they still would be able to put the clamps on Indy.

True, but they defend well and playing in the Finals would be the one thing (along with playing against the Heat) that can successfully keep their heads out of their asses for a full series.

Pacers are good defender but their offense is terrible. I'd call them streaky but that's not even the right word, they've gone literally several games in a row where they couldn't do jack. Hibbert had his talent sucked out by the Space jam Monstars or some shit, he's unreliable and a mental midget.

I agree with Grover, Pacers' championship is this series with the Heat. Pacers don't have the firepower or the coaching ability to hang with the Spurs.

Eleuin

Spurs would absolutely destroy the Pacers, they'd have a 10 point lead in the first 5 minutes of each game and never look back.

I know about two steps but that's two steps and a pivot (really looks like another step)...seems a bit generous.

Is it to make the game "more exciting"?
Yes. But to be fair, considering how physical the game got (and how much that benefits defense), they had to do stuff to give offensive players an advantage.

Half the guy in the NBA shuffle their feet during a pivot when they do their 1 on 1 moves anyway. I guess after a while the refs like "man if we call that then fuck every single 1v1 move is a travel."

As great as LeBron is I still don't understand how he still doesn't realize what he's doing is traveling or he just does it because he knows he can get away with it.

Half the guy in the NBA shuffle their feet during a pivot when they do their 1 on 1 moves anyway. I guess after a while the refs like "man if we call that then fuck every single 1v1 move is a travel."

As great as LeBron is I still don't understand how he still doesn't realize what he's doing is traveling or he just does it because he knows he can get away with it.

this is absolutely true. there are other issues as well. that is why you see some of our "superstars" initially struggle in the fiba world championships.

lebron travels constantly, flops and has plenty of offensive fouls that actually go the other way. he is basically the epitome of everything wrong with basketball today (although i still enjoy the game overall!)

Well, uh, it's obviously this. Have you seen his awesome flopping skills?

Top Bottom