• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

bionic77

Russell's run as a winning QB is over, according to the widely-accepted Bionic Theory of Chaste Quarterbacking. See Manning, Eli and his fall from grace, and Tebow, Tim. At least we already got our ring.

TJack will mentor TP and mold him into the next Super Bowl champion QB.

TJack/TP future!
Only Eli had to be a virgin. That amplified his gooberbess to make him a champion.

Ben was the opposite. He needed to subdue fatties in a bar to reach his potential.

Marriage killed both of their careers for different reason.

Not sure what type of perverted sex made Wussle into a champion. Don't give up hope just yet.

MRSA

Banned
Sup with this Taylor Lewan talk in Oakland? I wouldn't take him at #5, but then again RM was going to take DJ Hayden at #3. Hopefully they can trade down and get some extra picks then.

If they pick up Lewan might as well sign Ritchie Incognito. Now that's a bully of a line.

Konka

Banned
Gotta say the way this info got out there is so bizarre. Dude has his team release a statement and hes also asking for privacy at the same time. Its like hes trying to hide something. Maybe hes the next Tiger.

Ap1R8HJCMAIMNDO.jpg:large

jbug617

Banned
Lions Schedule

Lions 2014 regular season schedule

Week 1: vs New York Giants on Monday Night Football

Week 2: at Carolina

Week 3: vs. Green Bay

Week 4: at New York Jets

Week 5: vs. Buffalo

Week 6: at Minnesota

Week 7: vs. New Orleans

Week 8: Atlanta in London

Week 9: Bye

Week 10: vs. Miami

Week 11: at Arizona

Week 12: at New England

Week 13: vs. Chicago (Thanskgiving)

Week 14: vs. Tampa Bay

Week 15: vs. Minnesota

Week 16: at Chicago

Week 17: at Green Bay

Sup with this Taylor Lewan talk in Oakland? I wouldn't take him at #5, but then again RM was going to take DJ Hayden at #3. Hopefully they can trade down and get some extra picks then.

If they pick up Lewan might as well sign Ritchie Incognito. Now that's a bully of a line.

Just Kiper being Kiper.

Could also be trying to bait ATL, rumor is they like Lewan a lot.

Lions Schedule

Looking at that schedule....

Week 1: vs New York Giants W
Week 2: at Carolina L
Week 3: vs. Green Bay W
Week 4: at New York Jets W
Week 5: vs. Buffalo W
Week 6: at Minnesota W
Week 7: vs. New Orleans L
Week 8: Atlanta in London L
Week 9: Bye
Week 10: vs. Miami W
Week 11: at Arizona L
Week 12: at New England L
Week 13: vs. Chicago (Thanskgiving) W
Week 14: vs. Tampa Bay W
Week 15: vs. Minnesota W
Week 16: at Chicago L
Week 17: at Green Bay L

9-7

MechDX

Packers at Seahawks? No disrespect to the Packers but why?

League must be trying to put a damn chip on Aarons shoulder.

Colasante

New England Patriots exercised the fifth year option on left tackle Nate Solder today. Glad to hear it. I was getting a little concerned after not hearing anything about them planning to do it.

NFC Championship game preview.

cdyhybrid

Does this mean we don't have to play a garbo mid-season thursday night game like everyone else?

Hell yes

Tebow, I hope so.

I would have loved to have the banner raised right in front of Harbaugh's stupid face.

We could still save it for that game, but SF at home is probably going to be towards the end of the season, since it was the second game last season.

This is why:

hho5siS.jpg

Aaron Rodgers to set a new single game sacked record

Chris Clemons is in Jacksonville now, so I dunno! Although Avril and Bennett are pretty good, and we still have Irvin.

MechDX

I posted that Steph Stradley Tweet earlier about Clowney being the Texans choice. She got called out at battle Red Blog and she responded:
http://www.battleredblog.com/2014/4/23/5642822/houston-texans-news-april-23-2014

OK. This is the deal. You don’t know me. So I get your natural, sensible but sort of rude skepticism about what I’m saying.

If you did know me, you know that I don’t write reaction stuff. In fact, the original reason I started writing publicly is because I was disgusted with that. Only reason I still write at all is because my Number 1 goal is to put together stuff that is good for Texans fans. Because I can.

Today, I was going about my day. Got contacted by someone I trust out of the blue. Who has in the past given me private info that has been spot on good before. Who knows I am very interested in Texans stuff. Gave me very specific info I hadn’t heard from any other source that pointed the Texans toward choosing Clowney.

So what do I do?

Do I share it with folks even though I don’t have confirmation from another source because the nature of what was shared nobody would ever confirm?

Or do I gossip with media folks about it? Because media folks do that a lot with that sort of gossip.

Or do I not share it with fans at all?

Given that Peter King is putting Friend of Rick Smith stuff out there that is freaking some folks the bleep out, I decided to share it in the vein of FWIW.

I get that everybody is sick of all the speculation. I am too. But just because you don’t like what I’m saying or doesn’t conform with your world view, doesn’t mean it is stupid. What you are saying in essence is please do not share info you know. Can’t tell you what I know specifically but I can tell you that it can’t be smokescreen stuff.

(And also, I was skeptical about Twitter too. But if you follow good people on Twitter, it is an excellent place for sports fans to get real time info. You learn about injuries for example, much faster than just watching TV. And you can get camp report stuff as soon as it is allowed to be reported. And it is handy to read from your phone when you are bored standing in lines.)

I trust her. Clowney it is

So that rule out Broncos at Seattle to start off the season.

Packers here we COME!

What else could it be? They aren't going to waste the 49ers game for that.

MechDX

What's the deal about people saying Smith likes Khalil Mack better than Clowney?

Bored? Seriously they have an extra two weeks to burn this year.

Same reason why Bridgewater, Manzeil and Bortles are all dropping to the second round suddenly.

I just read a lot of what she writes and for a lawyer her football IQ is pretty damn good. She is also a good twitter follow for Texans fans.

Wes

venison crêpe
I can't believe I'm actually about to turn this bullshit on for two hours. Fuck you, Goodell.

I'm only going to watch the first half hour or so. I'll just have it playing whilst I look up the Browns info.

Until then, time to catch up on Mad Men.

Jarnet87

Old news now but more sources saying the Bucs will not pick up the 5th year option for Adrian Clayborn. Bucs hasn't produced a pass rush since 02, hopefully Lovie can change that with some coaching and new blood.

squicken

Gotta say the way this info got out there is so bizarre. Dude has his team release a statement and hes also asking for privacy at the same time. Its like hes trying to hide something. Maybe hes the next Tiger.

What's the equivalent of a Waffle House waitress in the Seattle area? That's the place for TMZ to start looking

Top Bottom