• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Nakazato

An uncle of mine passed away yesterday from Cancer =(. I'm not that close with my extended family and I can't remember the last time I saw him, but it's just a reminder that anything can happen.
Sorry to hear that :

The ravens wouldn't pass up ASJ in the 2nd kubes loves his TEs.

For the new page:

NFL GAF Mock Draft

Proposed Rules/Guidelines:

- The purpose of the mock draft is to try and best simulate what will happen on draft day. Those choosing for their respective teams should be looking to choose a player that they think their team will choose. This is not about who YOU want, its about what you think your team will do on draft day.

- No trades. Up or down. Too complicated and it will slow things down.

- Your group has four hours to make their selection from the time your team is announced to be on the clock. The only exception is if your teams clock starts overnight of course. At which point the clock starts running at 10AM EST the next day.

(the times here are up for debate by the way, if you guys think 4 hours isn't enough time we can extend it. I'm going by how it was done last year).

- If there is no selection made in that four hour time period 1 of two things could happen:
1. I make the selection for you.
2. The selection can be opened up to NFL-GAF in general and the consensus pick wins. The person with the best write-up for the consensus pick gets it added to the mock draft.

- Along with the regular team/group selections, I was thinking maybe the general NFL-GAF population can do the consensus pick anyways. Maybe have a secondary mock draft happening during that 4 hour time period between actual team/group selections? Just throwing that out there.Figured this will make it easier to track what teams we still need:

Current mock draft list of participants stands at:

NFC North
Packers - Buckethead
Bears - minx88
Lions - Plinko
Vikings - Slo

NFC South
Panthers - Grover Cleveland
Saints - cajunator
Falcons - Talon
Buccaneers - Syrinx

NFC East
Eagles - gutshot, yankeehater, jabee
Cowboys - Farooq, cashman
Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Draxal, Striker
Redskins - ( In Spirit Only) Ninja Scooter

NFC West
Seahawks - cdyhybrid
Niners - Doomsayer, bigosc2k
Cardinals - Squall ASF
Rams - Squicken, B For Bendetta

AFC North
Bengals -
Steelers - DeaconKnowledge, AngmarsKing701
Ravens - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato, Bolt Vanderhuge
Browns - BlackGhost, Wes

AFC South
Colts - (In spirit only) Narag
Titans -
Jaguars - Tamanon
Texans - MechDX

AFC East
Patriots - Colasante, ActStriker, Sanjuro
Jets - Fox318
Dolphins - chris.trejo, The_Darkest_Red
Bills - LJ11

AFC West
Broncos -
Chiefs - Tragicomedy
Chargers -
Raiders - Mackenzie 92[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised the Broncos fans haven't stepped up yet and I know we have a Titan fan and a couple Charger fans so hopefully those will all fill easily enough which just leaves our usual bastard child, the Bungles. EZ always does that one but I'm not sure how long his ban is for so we might either have to do a community pick for them or someone can get the pick from EZ if they communicate with him outside this site.

Greg

I'm surprised the Broncos fans haven't stepped up yet and I know we have a Titan fan and a couple Charger fans so hopefully those will all fill easily enough which just leaves our usual bastard child, the Bungles. EZ always does that one but I'm not sure how long his ban is for so we might either have to do a community pick for them or someone can get the pick from EZ if they communicate with him outside this site.
I hope so or else coldnoodle will draft the first female

Community/concensus picks are going to be how it done for those teams that don't have any representation, I think. We'll do the same 4 hour time period and hash it out amongst those participating in the thread and arrive at a good pick. I'd prefer for every team to have at least one rep, but we'll go where it takes us.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 44m

Where do you draw the line on character? http://oak.ctx.ly/r/x9v2
Blb4oHBCcAAmeeu.jpg:large

lol

I kinda want Miami to draft a LB at 19 (C.J. Mosley), a TE in the 2nd round and then a RT and RG in the 3rd and 4th.
Hmm... I am scared of expecting linemen from the 3rd and 4th to start and play well out of the gate. This season should be all about giving Tannehill no more excuses, in my opinion. Make or break time.

Hmm... I am scared of expecting linemen from the 3rd and 4th to start and play well out of the gate. This season should be all about giving Tannehill no more excuses, in my opinion. Make or break time.

I see two issues that make me want a LB, one we can't expect to have an oline full of probowlers, not that it is now but the oline as it is now (with Moreno included) is much improved from last year. We have other needs we need to address and can't forget about (LB, CB), and second last season we make the playoffs if one of two things happen, we stop the pass rush or stop the run. We couldn't do either, now we addressed the oline, maybe it's time we address the LB core. Maybe the get a RT in the 2nd round instead of the 3rd.

Edit: It's funny how dead set I was on drafting a tackle or guard with our first but after spending so long thinking about it (thanks goodell) I've managed to change my picks.

You can't really be an elite starting QB in the NFL without some sort of character flaw.

Brady - Woman, Ugg Boots Wearer, Cheater
Brees - Short, mutual hatred between him and his mom, face vagina scar
Peyton - Giant forehead, Papa John's Supporter, Perpetual choker
Rodgers - Asexual, Too nice with no killer instinct, almost loses to Cutler every year
Bradford - Cross eyed, buck toothed redneck, Questionable leadership, Made of legos

Rodgers - Asexual, Too nice with no killer instinct, almost loses to Cutler every year
Bradford - Cross eyed, buck toothed redneck, Questionable leadership, Made of legos

You included Bradford because....?

I see two issues that make me want a LB, one we can't expect to have an oline full of probowlers, not that it is now but the oline as it is now (with Moreno included) is much improved from last year. We have other needs we need to address and can't forget about (LB, CB), and second last season we make the playoffs if one of two things happen, we stop the pass rush or stop the run. We couldn't do either, now we addressed the oline, maybe it's time we address the LB core. Maybe the get a RT in the 2nd round instead of the 3rd.

Edit: It's funny how dead set I was on drafting a tackle or guard with our first but after spending so long thinking about it (thanks goodell) I've managed to change my picks.
Yeah, I see what you're saying. I can understand that line of thinking for sure.

My problem is I feel like the o-line still has massive holes in the starting lineup. We've got Albert, Pouncey, and Shelley Smith as starters, right? First off, who knows if Smith will be a capable starter. Second, who is the other OG currently, Dallas Thomas? And I don't think we have anyone capable of starting at RT currently so that need has to be addressed at some point. I don't know, it looks pretty grim to me and I kind of feel like the majority of the resources should be thrown at that issue.

The Dolphins might have made the playoffs with a better D last season but I can't overlook the importance of protecting Tannehill anymore. As of right now this o-line is only an improvement at one position and I don't think that's going to cut it.

All of that said, LB is clearly a weakness. There isn't a true MLB on the roster that I'm aware of and it'd be nice to see Ellerbee move to the outside where he's probably more capable. As for CB we just invested a second and third round pick in the position last season, so I'm hoping one of those will pan out as a starter and keep us from having to invest another high pick in the same position just one year later.

Eleuin

That kiper mock draft scust

If the packers take a receiver in the first round I'll let incognito shit in my mouth

JABEE

Foles- Giant Cock

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I can understand that line of thinking for sure.

My problem is I feel like the o-line still has massive holes in the starting lineup. We've got Albert, Pouncey, and Shelley Smith as starters, right? First off, who knows if Smith will be a capable starter. Second, who is the other OG currently, Dallas Thomas? And I don't think we have anyone capable of starting at RT currently so that need has to be addressed at some point. I don't know, it looks pretty grim to me and I kind of feel like the majority of the resources should be thrown at that issue.

The Dolphins might have made the playoffs with a better D last season but I can't overlook the importance of protecting Tannehill anymore. As of right now this o-line is only an improvement at one position and I don't think that's going to cut it.

All of that said, LB is clearly a weakness. There isn't a true MLB on the roster that I'm aware of and it'd be nice to see Ellerbee move to the outside where he's probably more capable. As for CB we just invested a second and third round pick in the position last season, so I'm hoping one of those will pan out as a starter and keep us from having to invest another high pick in the same position just one year later.

I'm ok with not drafting a CB until the late rounds, I have faith that at least one of the new CBs will work out...but we'll see. I remember reading from Armando that Hickey wants to move Ellerbee/wheeler to the outside which can only happen if we get a stud MLB, I guess the thought of spending a first round pick on a right tackle sours me on the idea, but you're absolutely right about Tannehill needing protection so I wouldn't be upset if the Dolphins take the safer bet and draft Zack. This team just has too many holes left to fill with draft picks.

effzee

Np way Teddy falls past Cleveland @26. Texans have to trade back up before then. Packers maybe?

If the Cardinals take Carr @ 20, Teddy becomes the best and probably only available option for the Texans left.

They trade up to the Eagles #22 pick by giving up their 2nd and 3rd round picks.

With those two 2nd round picks Eagles draft Desean's replacement successfully and their next bust Safety project.

CALLING IT NOW.

BigAT

Jane McManus ‏@janesports
"They know how to win," Chris Johnson on one of the reasons he came to the Jets.

louielaughingq5k2x.gif

ashurlaughtvj46.gif

homerlaugh2a1jbd.gif

MechDX

If the Cardinals take Carr @ 20, Teddy becomes the best and probably only available option for the Texans left.

They trade up to the Eagles #22 pick by giving up their 2nd and 3rd round picks.

With those two 2nd round picks Eagles draft Desean's replacement successfully and their next bust Safety project.

CALLING IT NOW.

No way they give up a 2 and 3. 2 and a 5th maybe.

Probably draft Garapolo and run with Yates. He is still my wildcard.

43. New York Giants | *Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG, UCLA
That Justin Pugh played well down the stretch and worked out at tackle is good, but there's still a need for more talent at guard, and Su'a-Filo is as good as any in the draft on most days.
Yeah, I'd be a happy camper. :D

Top Bottom