• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Syrinx

I thought Glennon showed some real promise.

Also, LET'S DRINK COFFEE GREG WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yeah, but it looks like Smith and Tedford don't seem to think he's the guy. Wouldn't be surprised to see him traded during the draft for a conditional draft pick the next year or something, provided we do indeed draft a QB.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jane McManus ‏@janesports
"They know how to win," Chris Johnson on one of the reasons he came to the Jets.

louielaughingq5k2x.gif

ashurlaughtvj46.gif

homerlaugh2a1jbd.gif

He's spent his whole career playing for the Titans.

Jets might as well be the Patriots in his eyes.

Syrinx

Tampa Bay Times: Bucs' McCoy compares Gholston to Peppers

Bucs defensive tackle Gerald McCoy saw his team add two new key contributors to the defensive line in end Michael Johnson and tackle Clinton McDonald, but he's also excited about the progress he saw at the end of last season from rookie end William Gholston.

"Especially in this defense, Will is one of those rare guys, with his size and ability," McCoy said. "He has potential. He can do things he doesn't even realize he can do."

Gholston, a fourth-round pick from Michigan State, had just two tackles in the Bucs' first seven games and eight in the first 11 games. But in the final month of the season, he had 22 tackles in his final five games, including 1.5 sacks against the Bills. He moved into the starting lineup for the final two games and is expected to be in the rotation at end while also moonlighting inside at tackle in some situations.

"I had to tell him last year: 'Hey man, you know if you try this, nobody can stop it.' Then he'd go do it and (say) 'Aw, man, you were right,'" McCoy said. "'I know I was right. I've been trying to tell you this for five weeks.'"

McCoy made a flattering comparison for Gholston, saying he reminds him of former Panthers and current Packers defensive end Julius Peppers, who played for Lovie Smith with the Bears from 2010-12 and totaled 30.5 sacks. Peppers is 6-7, 287 pounds, while Gholston is 6-7 and 275, and both have the versatility to rush from outside or hold their own on the interior.

"I always say he looks like Julius Peppers, in his pads and how he moves when he wants to," McCoy said. "I say 'Man, you could be that guy.' Pep plays inside sometimes, plays outside. When he wants to get to the quarterback he can. He's a physical specimen, and that's Will."

Gholston likely enters camp as Tampa Bay's No. 3 end, behind fourth-year pro Adrian Clayborn, who is expected to start at left end opposite Johnson. The Bucs also have former second-round pick Da'Quan Bowers, who has totaled just 20 tackles in the last two seasons, and another rookie from last season in Steven Means, who had five total tackles in limited action last year. Tampa Bay could add a pass-rusher in the draft, with some mock drafts pairing the Bucs with a defensive end as high as the second round.

Bread

Banned
i bought a xbox one partly because of titanfall, so we all know that MS is basically about to turn things around. once you win the vote of Neogaf's Bread, the things basically sell themselves.

bionic77

i bought a xbox one partly because of titanfall, so we all know that MS is basically about to turn things around. once you win the vote of Neogaf's Bread, the things basically sell themselves.
At the current price and considering how few countries it has been released in it is amazing how well it has sold. I thought the extra 100 would be a deal breaker.

But I generally don't give a fuck about sales of videogame systems and anyone that does is a loser.

I bought a PS4 and it is worse than my broken PS3 at Netflix so right now I am giving the console a D. Controller is nice though. Wish it had a remote...

MechDX

BOB and TJ about to win multiple Superb Owls.

Bread

Banned
At the current price and considering how few countries it has been released in it is amazing how well it has sold. I thought the extra 100 would be a deal breaker.

But I generally don't give a fuck about sales of videogame systems and anyone that does is a loser.

I bought a PS4 and it is worse than my broken PS3 at Netflix so right now I am giving the console a D. Controller is nice though. Wish it had a remote...
it's a really impressive piece of tech, and microsoft is doing a great job patching the OS. can't beat turning the system on and putting on a netflix show before even sitting down, the voice commands are top notch.

BOB and TJ about to win multiple Superb Owls.
can't wait!

ShaneB

SHANE I just saw your post about your uncle, sorry to hear that. How're you holding up my brother?

I'm doing ok. Like I mentioned, I'm not really that close to most of my extended family, it was more just a reminder of how suddenly things can change like that, and how lucky I am that my parents are doing well. Made ne think about the times I did get to spend with him when he lived with us for a little while years ago.

I hope so or else coldnoodle will draft the first female
jnc
Community/concensus picks are going to be how it done for those teams that don't have any representation, I think. We'll do the same 4 hour time period and hash it out amongst those participating in the thread and arrive at a good pick. I'd prefer for every team to have at least one rep, but we'll go where it takes us.

Yeah that's the best way to do it and we only have the one team that we struggle to find a fan for anyway. Kind of weird we don't have a single fan for them when they've made the playoffs the past couple years.

Top Bottom