• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

dionysus

Yaldog
Kind of a rough way to start the season. Saints have 4 of 6 games at the beginning away but it does mean we get a lot of home games towards the back of the schedule. 5 Primetime games too. Can remember when having one or two was a big deal.
But anyway squeeeeeeeeee

Look how easy it is though!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I wish they would employ a model similar to the Eagles. If a prospect does not work out, there is an opportunity for draft picks. With the way the position is valued, the Eagles get an adequate return on their pick.

You gotta have a special touch to be able to flip AJ Feely and Kevin Kolb for high value.

cajunator

Banned
pujgOlu.jpg

Syrinx

Last night I had a dream that cajunator was a football player. Also an alcoholic, I think.

But guys what does this mean????????

Syrinx

What did I look like?

I don't think I ever actually saw you. It was just this understanding that cajunator played football. Last thing I remember I googled you and discovered that you were on the voice cast for some obscure Nickelodeon cartoon in the 90s.

This is why I use my Xanax sparingly.

Farooq

Banned
It's not dark and depressing right now?

No, there are mixed emotions, but it is far from depressing. Regardless of the late season collapses that Romo and company have endured, I am still clinging on to hope that Romo will one day ride off into the sunset like Elway.

The mock draft starts tomorrow at Noon EST! Get your name in if you are interested. Last call (not that you'll be barred from joining in anyways)!

Texans - MechDX
Raiders - Mackenzie 92
Cardinals - Squall ASF
Rams - Squicken, B For Bendetta
Ravens - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato, Bolt Vanderhuge
Dolphins - chris.trejo, The_Darkest_Red
Bucs - Syrinx, Hammer24
Jaguars - Tamanon
Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Draxal, Striker
Browns - BlackGhost, Wes, TheBatman
Patriots - Colasante, ActStriker, Sanjuro
Eagles - gutshot, yankeehater, jabee
Cowboys - Farooq, cashman
Vikings - Slo
Steelers - DeaconKnowledge, AngmarsKing701
Jets - Fox318
Seahawks - cdyhybrid
Bills - LJ11
Packers - Buckethead, Greg
Panthers - Grover Cleveland
Bears - minx88
Saints - cajunator
Falcons - Talon
Lions - Plinko
Niners - Doomsayer, bigosc2k
Chiefs - Tragicomedy

Drafting in spirit only:
Redskins - Ninja Scooter
Colts - Narag

Greg

I don't understand how people use such terrible computers

this thing took 3 minutes to get to desktop, and another 5 before you could actually do anything

this thing took 3 minutes to get to desktop, and another 5 before you could actually do anything

It took me a grand total of about a minute and a half to read your post, get the idea to restart my computer, restart my computer, log in, start up Chrome and reply to this post.

#SSDLyfe

bionic77

Poverty is a bitch. In the first world we complain about slow computers (I am in this group and am known to bitch about substandard technology). In third world countries like Florida people are worried about having enough to eat or a toilet shit on (see India thread).

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

My 5 year old laptop takes like 80 seconds to get to a usable desktop on a cold boot.

Other than that it works fine for what I use it for which is basically as a ghetto Chromebook. I turn it on in the morning, make some coffee and a bowl of cereal and its good to go.

Ain't gonna upgrade this sucker until it literally falls apart.

Greg

My 5 year old laptop takes like 80 seconds to get to a usable desktop on a cold boot.

Other than that it works fine for what I use it for which is basically as a ghetto Chromebook. I turn it on in the morning, make some coffee and a bowl of cereal and its good to go.

Ain't gonna upgrade this sucker until it literally falls apart.
clean that shit or just back up your things and reformat!

ain't nobody got time for 80-second boots

Success hasn't gone to Luke Kuechly's head

Some excerpts:

He spent most of the winter living at his parents’ home in Cincinnati, working out and taking online classes toward his degree at Boston College. Kuechly returned to Charlotte this week for the start of conditioning workouts.

As for the crystal trophy Kuechly won the night before the Super Bowl at New York’s Radio City Music Hall? [AP Defensive Player of the Year Award] It’s stashed somewhere at his folks’ place in Cincy.

“The trophy’s at home. It’s probably in a box right now,” Kuechly said this week. “I’ve been moving around so much I haven’t really had a chance to set anything up. It’s back home in the box.”

“Same old thing – go home, do my schoolwork, hang out with my friends,” Kuechly said. “Nothing too crazy right now.”

Crazy isn’t the word for Kuechly, unless you’re talking about some of his statistics (see his 24-tackle performance in a Week 16 win vs. New Orleans).

Kuechly’s not a big drinker or club-hopper. Teammates say they often find him lifting weights or studying video at Bank of America Stadium, even when he’s not required to be there.

Kuechly was the NFL’s Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2012 when he set a franchise record with 205 tackles. After becoming the first Panther to win AP Defensive Player of the Year, Kuechly pointed to two areas where he can improve: pass rush and coverage.

Kuechly said teams hit a couple of big plays against Carolina last season when he failed to get to the quarterback on the blitz. His pass interference penalty at Buffalo and near-PI against New England were closely dissected in the media.

“Working on some moves, working on counter-moves. ... I think that will allow me to do some more things,” he said. “Last year I got stuck in a couple spots in pass rush and it led to big plays because they were counting on me getting there and I wasn’t quite able to.”

giphy.gif

That's my humble and gracious middle linebacker. While other stars are out fooling around behind their woman's back, or making false terrorist threats in airports, my defense's leader has been on his grind with his nose in a book. Because of Kuechly combined with King Cam's efforts to reach back to the youth, I am now deeming the Panthers #TeamWholesome.

Success hasn't gone to Luke Kuechly's head

Some excerpts:

giphy.gif

That's my humble and gracious middle linebacker. While other stars are out fooling around behind their woman's back, or making false terrorist threats in airports, my defense's leader has been on his grind with his nose in a book. Because of Kuechly combined with King Cam's efforts to reach back to the youth, I am now deeming the Panthers #TeamWholesome.
Eagles cut a star player cause he grew up around unsavory guys, clearly they are the more wholesome team.

Stealing laptops and taking money under the table to play amateur football is wholesome now?

A) He bought a laptop through legal means without knowledge of its prior history.

B) Cecil was the one soliciting money for his son's commitment. Cam wasn't out there pimping himself. But even if he was, is it really such a crime to ask for bigger compensation when he's out there putting his health on the line so that these institutions and the NCAA can get rich and fat off his labor? If you're good at something, never do it for free.

cdyhybrid

A) He bought a laptop through legal means without knowledge of its prior history.

B) Cecil was the one soliciting money for his son's commitment. Cam wasn't out there pimping himself. But even if he was, is it really such a crime to ask for bigger compensation when he's out there putting his health on the line so that these institutions and the NCAA can get rich and fat off his labor? If you're good at something, never do it for free.

I fully endorse players taking extra benefits in college. But I wouldn't call it wholesome.

squicken

I have been contacted by a bunch of Texans fans who want me in charge of the first selection. They do not trust Mech to do the right thing.

Top Bottom