• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Dragon

Banned
VqDMxF3.gif

tumblr_mt36l4YftT1seo7jgo1_500.gif

That has to get old as a knowledgeable Giants fan.

"Yeah you won two Super Bowls big deal, what have you done lately?"
It does, yes. At some point if you throw enough shit against a wall it's going to stick I suppose. I mean if the team crashes and burns at the same level it did last season there's always a possibility a change could happen but John Mara isn't a reactionary owner so its always fun to hear people say Coughlin is gone on a whim.

Colasante

Theoretical trade that's been bandied about on Twitter: Falcons give up their 6th, 37th, and 2015 1st round pick for the Texans' #1 pick in order to draft Clowney. Not that I don't think Clowney could become worth it should he reach his potential, but I don't think I'd like those terms for the Falcons, especially a season after they saw what a comparable blockbuster trade did to the depth of their team.

DUTCH AND KAS ARE BACK BEST DAY EVER
I forgot that Dutch tweeted me and said he wanted in on the draft. Added!

Texans - MechDX
Raiders - Mackenzie 92
Cardinals - Squall ASF
Rams - Squicken, B For Bendetta
Ravens - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato, Bolt Vanderhuge
Dolphins - chris.trejo, The_Darkest_Red
Bucs - Syrinx, Hammer24
Jaguars - Tamanon
Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Draxal, Striker
Browns - BlackGhost, Wes, TheBatman
Patriots - Colasante, ActStriker, Sanjuro, Dutch Patriot
Eagles - gutshot, yankeehater, jabee
Cowboys - Farooq, cashman
Vikings - Slo, BannedEpisode
Steelers - DeaconKnowledge, AngmarsKing701
Jets - Fox318
Seahawks - cdyhybrid
Bills - LJ11
Packers - Buckethead, Greg
Panthers - Grover Cleveland
Bears - minx88
Saints - cajunator
Falcons - Talon
Lions - Plinko
Niners - Doomsayer, bigosc2k
Chiefs - Tragicomedy

Drafting in spirit only:
Redskins - Ninja Scooter
Colts - Narag

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Missed you guys and gals.

I'm getting really pumped everyday as the draft approaches.

I don't think its been mentioned by anyone yet but the Lions have three 4th round picks this year. If Sammy Watkins can somehow fall to the Raiders I think we have to move up and give whatever it takes. With those 4th round picks we can add depth to an already talented and young roster. If it takes our #10 pick, and two 2nd round picks to grab Sammy Watkins you have to make that trade.

If Watkins gets drafted, I really hope the three top QBs get picked because that gives us a better chance of getting Mike Evans.

I just don't want Ha Ha Clinton Dix or any DB in the first round. If Evans and Watkins are both gone and the QBs get taken someone is bound to drop to us at #10 (like Khalel Mack).

Another possible scenario I thought of is drafting Eric Ebron and trading down to the Giants, Steelers or another team and grabbing more picks in an incredibly deep draft.

Theoretical trade that's been bandied about on Twitter: Falcons give up their 6th, 37th, and 2015 1st round pick for the Texans' #1 pick in order to draft Clowney. Not that I don't think Clowney could become worth it should he reach his potential, but I don't think I'd like those terms for the Falcons, especially a season after they saw what a comparable blockbuster trade did to the depth of their team.

So, who is gonna be the next Lawrence Maroney we drafting in the first?

Dragon

Banned
It does, yes. At some point if you throw enough shit against a wall it's going to stick so I suppose. I mean if the team crashes and burns at the same level it did last season there's always a possibility a change could happen but John Mara isn't a reactionary owner so its always fun to hear people say Coughlin is gone on a whim.

I'd think Coughlin would retire on his own terms really. When the Pats lose Brady, I expect Belichick to do the same thing, especially if they go in the shitter.

Wes

venison crêpe

I can see it now. Mack ends up falling to 6 for Texans. Has better pro career than Clowney.

Colasante

So, who is gonna be the next Lawrence Maroney we drafting in the first?

Carlos Hyde and Jeremy Hill would seem to be the most likely candidates. That's a rumor I have a hard time wrapping my head around though. I don't think any running back in this draft is guaranteed to come in and beat out Ridley in camp, and it seems like every year there's an Alfred Morris, Zac Stacy, or Andre Ellington that can be had in the later rounds, but Bill's gonna Bill.

MechDX

Not enough.

I forgot that Dutch tweeted me and said he wanted in on the draft. Added!

Chiefs - Tragicomedy

Ayo, can you give me some specifics on how this is going down? I don't want to sign up for something then be unable to hold up my end of the deal. I've been 99% inactive in this thread since the season ended, so I've missed the details.

Ayo, can you give me some specifics on how this is going down? I don't want to sign up for something then be unable to hold up my end of the deal. I've been 99% inactive in this thread since the season ended, so I've missed the details.

Rules are in the first post of this thread. Take a look.

I'd think Coughlin would retire on his own terms really. When the Pats lose Brady, I expect Belichick to do the same thing, especially if they go in the shitter.
Same level of thinking for me, yes. I think the Giants brass will let him leave on his own terms. He's earned it. The McAdoo hire wasn't by accident. I think they look at him as a probable successor.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Detroit Lions 2014 draft picks:

Round 1: Pick #10 (#10)
Round 2: Pick #13 (#45)
Round 3: Pick #12 (#76)
Round 4: Pick #11 (#111)
Round 4: Pick #33 (#133) *compensatory*
Round 4: Pick #36 (#136) *compensatory*
Round 6: Pick #13 (#187)
Round 7: Pick #12 (#227)

We're loaded with picks this year and we can throw in picks for next year. Screw DBs we are one offensive weapon from being Superbowl contenders. Martin Mayhews job is probably on the line this year and I don't think Justin Gilbert is going to help us win games as opposed to Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans. He knows that and the Lions brass knows that.

A trio of Megatron, Sammy Watkins and Golden Tate would have Stafford dropping another 40 TDs like he did in 2011 when he had Titus Young and Nate Burleson opposite of Megatron.

Oh and Mel Kiper just said Jadeveon Clowney is a "once every 25 year defensive end" :jnc

Assalamo Laukum.

alg_steelers_ben-roethlisberger.jpg

The accusations leveled against me are unfair and false. I just want to focus on football.

Has anyone seen the show Naked and Afraid?? They put a male and female is some remote area and let them survive for 21 days literally naked lol good stuff.

Top Bottom