• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomex

One more hour, cool, thanks guys.

Then that's who you support. Whilst a lot of kids do follow their parents, jsut as many don't. Generally you've picked a team by the time you're 9 and that's it for life.

My dad supports Wolverhampton Wanderers. I support Aston Villa. They are derby rivals. It would be the equivalent of my dad supporting the Bengals.

Villa? You poor poor man. Have you ever known happiness? This explains so much. It's like pain steered you towards Cleveland.

cashman

Banned
Then that's who you support. Whilst a lot of kids do follow their parents, jsut as many don't. Generally you've picked a team by the time you're 9 and that's it for life.

My dad supports Wolverhampton Wanderers. I support Aston Villa. They are derby rivals. It would be the equivalent of my dad supporting the Bengals.

I used to support wolverhampton, but then they got relegated (about to be relegated again! :( ) so I couldn't really keep up. Haven't watched much EPL because I'm in limbo and I don't have a team to follow.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'll wait for this whole thing to be done with but man this is really a huge bummer right now.

I'll look forward to the schedule release at least for now.

Talon

Maybe he meant Sconi parties. British caricatures of Packer fans. Like how some frats/sororities have Mexican parties with fake mustaches and sombreros.
These people?
fat-packer-fan.jpg

Ugh, AJ Hawk? Might as well have chosen Nick Barnett.

Wes

venison crêpe
I used to support wolverhampton, but then they got relegated (about to be relegated again! :( ) so I couldn't really keep up. Haven't watched much EPL because I'm in limbo and I don't have a team to follow.

Yeah they've had a rough couple of years. They never should've got rid of McCarthy. Dean Saunders (Villa legend) is now managing them now so I'm hoping they stay up for his and my Dad's sake!

Hunter S.

AFC East does suck! At least this year the Fins are looking like a football team. But the Bills and the BFBs are going to suck. Same could be said for the AFC West. Chiefs got better, Raiders are hurting, and the Chargers aren't looking too hot. Pretty bad divisions!

Hunter is a reasonable guy as well.

I agree with your assessment. Except that I think the Chargers are worse off than you say now that the O-line is obliterated to irelevantville when Vasquez happily came to Denver. He gave up something like 2 sacks last year while the rest of the line gave up more than 20 (ask Nori Chan). Phillip river is in shape for all kinds of hurt more than Rodgers next year.

Tabris is a reasonable guy as well.

cdyhybrid

NFL Network going to be showing a feature on Matt Barkley soon. Tune in Browns fans! It'll get your mind off your new owner getting thrown in federal pound-you-in-the-ass prison by introducing you to your new QB!

squicken

the holdup on an Albert trade

If Joeckel goes No. 1 overall to Kansas City, then the Dolphins can be certain the best LT in the draft is gone and they move on. But if KC picks Eric Fisher and Joekel drops to No. 3 or No. 4, the Dolphins must, must, must try to trade up to get him. That move would be expensive in that it would require a second-round pick and other considerations. But it makes more sense than the Albert trade because that also will require a second-round pick plus a more expensive contract than Joeckel.

And Joeckel, unproven in the NFL as he is, is probably going to be a better player than Albert.

So the Dolphins would be going for a better player (Joeckel) using basically the same draft pick compensation (well, maybe more expensive but only slightly) and pay a lower contract in the transaction.

So if the Dolphins don't wait for draft day to make this Albert trade, they're not really thinking through all the contingencies. And if Joeckel then falls, the Dolphins will look downright foolish.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...nd-on-details.html#comment-form#storylink=cpy

Striker

Schedule released at 8 pm, but word is Giants open at Dallas on Sunday night and then host Denver in Week 2. #nyg
Make more sense to have Peyton and Eli on prime time, but oh well. Squashing Romo and the Boys Week 1 is pretty nice.

Godslay

Banned
I agree with your assessment. Except that I think the Chargers are worse off than you say now that the O-line is obliterated to irelevantville when Vasquez happily came to Denver. He gave up something like 2 sacks last year while the rest of the line gave up more than 20 (ask Nori Chan). Phillip river is in shape for all kinds of hurt more than Rodgers next year.

Tabris is a reasonable guy as well.

Chargers are somewhere between Chiefs and Raiders. They are not terrible, but not really any threat to challenge the Broncos, or even the Chiefs for that matter.

Tabris is fine with me, he goes a little hard sometimes but whatever I guess. He's only here until Manning retires, as he is more of a Manning fan, than a Bronco fan. If he's going to root for the Broncos by way of Manning, then he's welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Hunter is not a reasonable guy, apparently.

Like I said above, I don't mind Tabris. He is granted a temporary spot of the Broncos bandwagon. If you wanted a temporary seat on the bus to root for Welker, I'll put in a good word for you!

0dSqSVH.gif

This original Dale! Good post BigAT!

cdyhybrid

Yeah, they were at Metlife.

Ogletree murdered Webster and Tryon on the field. Getting both Eagle games out of the way fairly early too, which is unusual.

Gotta get those ratings before the Cheatin' Chip hype dies down when they're 3-9 and already planning their next draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom