• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter S.

They should purposely suck the early half of the season then get on a hotstreak into the playoffs.

It's the only way to win Superbowls now.

To be accurate and make everyone shake their head what the fuck, the Ravens actually went on their mass losing streak at the end of the season not the beginning.

squicken

Something to watch on draft day

8. Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama: If the draft were held a week after the 2013 BCS title game, Warmack might have been drafted in the top 10. Now, there are some veteran scouts who question if he'll be drafted in the top 20. Some long-time evaluators suggest Warmack will even make the first round. He is shorter than scouts would like (6-2 even) and has performed poorly in workouts. I refuse to drop him out of the top 10 because his efforts on the field against elite competition but he's raised red-flags with a less-than-ideal work ethic and could surprise with how far he "slips" on draft day.

From Rob Rang

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ady-for-lots-of-steak-and-not-too-much-sizzle

edit: Falcons' William Moore was arrested on battery charges. No details yet

Steelers 2013 Regular Season Schedule

Date Opponent Time** (TV)

Sun., Sept. 8 TENNESSEE 1:00 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Mon., Sept. 16 at Cincinnati 8:40 p.m. (ESPN/WTAE-TV)
Sun., Sept. 22 CHICAGO 8:30 p.m. (NBC/WPXI-TV)
Sun., Sept. 29 at Minnesota
Wembley Stadium, London 1:00 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
BYE --- ---
Sun., Oct. 13 at New York Jets 1:00 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Sun., Oct. 20 BALTIMORE 4:25 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Sun., Oct. 27 at Oakland 4:05 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Sun., Nov. 3 at New England 4:25 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Sun., Nov. 10 BUFFALO 1:00 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Sun., Nov. 17 DETROIT 1:00 p.m. (FOX/WPGH-TG)
Sun., Nov. 24 at Cleveland 1:00 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Thurs., Nov. 28 at Baltimore 8:30 p.m.(NBC/WPXI-TV)
Sun., Dec. 8 MIAMI 1:00 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Sun., Dec. 15 CINCINNATI 8:30 p.m. (NBC/WPXI-TV)
Sun., Dec. 22 at Green Bay 4:25 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Sun., Dec. 29 CLEVELAND 1:00 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)

TWO Primetime games against the Bungles? Why?

Spinluck

Colts 2013-2014 Schedule

WEEK 1- OAKLAND- W
WEEK 2- MIAMI-W- I think this game really can go either way, they were supposed to beat us last year.
WEEK 3- @San Francisco-L- LOL, tough Luck.
WEEK 4- @Jacksonville-W
WEEK 5- SEATTLE-L- They're just a better team right now, although, it's good to not have to play them at their place.
WEEK 6- @Chargers(MNF)-W
WEEK 7- DENVER(SNF)-L- Well, this is awkward.
WEEK 8- BYE WEEK - Half the team will be injured by then.
WEEK 9- @Houston(SNF)-W- I like us VS the Texans in primetime, they've never swept us, so I think we split the series again this year.
WEEK 10- ST. LOUIS-W
WEEK 11- @Tennessee (TNF)-W
WEEK 12- @Arizona-L- I can see us losing this.
WEEK 13- TENNESSEE-W
WEEK 14- @Cincinnati-L- I can see us losing this too.
WEEK 15- HOUSTON-L
WEEK 16- @Kansas City-W
WEEK 17- JACKSONVILLE-W

Record- 10-6- With a playoff birth.

squicken

Good player, too. Dumb ass.

...and :jnc at Warmack not being drafted top 20. He won't make it past the Giants if he falls that far. Guaranteed.

I've talked about him with LZ, before those work ethic things, and he says teams just won't draft guards highly. Cooper is special and can play center and possibly tackle in a pinch b/c of his quickness. Warmack is just a guard who may not fit in a ZBS. I don't see why anyone would pass on him but he said only Cooper is a top 20 lock

We're not getting Clowney. Keep dreaming.

Winter is coming Steelers fans

I've talked about him with LZ, before those work ethic things, and he says teams just won't draft guards highly. Cooper is special and can play center and possibly tackle in a pinch b/c of his quickness. Warmack is just a guard who may not fit in a ZBS. I don't see why anyone would pass on him but he said only Cooper is a top 20 lock

Winter is coming Steelers fans
Yes, it's been pretty common knowledge and you can look at Constanzo last year dropping but I'll put money down that he doesn't make it out of the top 20. He's "only" a guard but you know...a pretty fucking fantastic one when you put on that game tape.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
We're not getting Clowney. Keep dreaming.

Clowney? Over rated.

Here's the target:
ncf_g_lee_b1_576.jpg

Kiryu

W1 9.8 @ Panthers W
W2 9.15 vs 49ers W
W3 9.22 vs Jaguars W
W4 9.29 @ Texans W
W5 10.6 @ Colts W
W6 10.13 vs Titans W
W7 10.17 @ Cardinals W
W8 10.28 @ Rams L
W9 11.3 vs Buccaneers W
W10 11.10 @ Falcons W
W11 11.17 vs Vikings W
W12 BYE
W13 12.2 vs Saints W
W14 12.8 @ 49ers L
W15 12.15 @ Giants W
W16 12.22 vs Cardinals W
W17 12.29 vs Rams W

14-2 Baby!

cdyhybrid

Clowney is being mocked as the consensus 2014 number 1 pick right now. A year's a long time, but as of right now he's the crown jewel.

Oh I don't disagree with him being #1. I'm just saying that not getting the first pick is nowhere near as bad as, say, getting the third pick in the Luck/RG3 draft.

Yes, it's been pretty common knowledge and you can look at Constanzo last year dropping but I'll put money down that he doesn't make it out of the top 20. He's "only" a guard but you know...a pretty fucking fantastic one when you put on that game tape.

Don't forget DeCastro.

I don't know. Don't see anybody going for guards that early when a serviceable one can be gotten in the second and down. There's a lot of quality impact players in the top 20.

Don't forget DeCastro.

I don't know. Don't see anybody going for guards that early when a serviceable one can be gotten in the second and down. There's a lot of quality impact players in the top 20.
Bah, I meant DeCastro. This is what happens when I do drink.

I'd argue Warmack is an "impact" player in that you're likely getting an 8-10 year starter out of the deal. There's a reason he's in the top 10 of every big board out there and the top player in the draft according to guys like Gil Brandt. Sorry, but I don't see how anyone thinks he's going to tumble out of the top 20.

Though maybe I should be on your side. I would love absolutely nothing more than for 18 other teams to let him drop on by.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
DK, what do you think the Steelers should do at rb? Draft one/Bradshaw/stick with what's there/udfa or some combination?

DK, what do you think the Steelers should do at rb? Draft one/Bradshaw/stick with what's there/udfa or some combination?

We can't stick with what's there. Redman isn't the guy. Neither is Dwyer, though he has shown flashes. Bradshaw is just a band-aid. I didn't want them to get him because that means that they were going with a platoon.

2nd round and down. Preferably 3rd. Steelers need to decide if they're going full ZBS too. They've only given halfhearted hints towards it.

Rodgers didn't choke, Manning did.

Eat my crumb!

Don't post the 98 Super Bowl pic it will break my heart

he kind of did choke when kap put his dick so far down errons throat that it touched his heart. thats what will happen in week 1 again. hope erron brings the whole city of chico once more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom