• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Greek Yogurt is disgusting. Had like 4 flavors all gross. Regular yogurt is the way to go, thick and creamy being the best, whips being the worst

kBOJgic.jpg

This brand right here is almost as rich as ice cream.

What kind/brand did you try?

effzee

I have no clue who the Eagles are going to draft at No. 4.

Eagles fan? WELCOME!

So Dee Milliner is probably not gonna be ready for training camp, the guy seems pretty nicked up, he might drop out of the 1st.

I seriously doubt this happens. He might drop but some team will pick him in the 1st.

On the other hand....CHIP KELLY OFFENSIVE PRODIGY REVOLUTIONIZING NFL TOP 15 OFFENSE.

Seriously on Around the Horn the other day every one of the panelists predicted the Eagles to have a top 15 offense this year. Same dick sucking every year. Someone needs to let the sports media know that the Eagles and Cowboys are perennial losers and will always be shit. How's this for a prediction. Eagles will have the worst offense in the league next year

Predicting a top 15 offense isn't that outrageous considering 2 out of the 3 years Vick has been on the team the total offense has finished top 5.

Eagles problems were redzone offense. They actually moved the ball well between the 20s. Speedy WRs and RBs help but the lack of size, running game, and Andy Reid derailed the offense in the redzone.

Plus they were down 4 out of the 5 starting OLINEMEN including both tackles. Oh and the Vick turnovers. Assuming Chip is more competent in fixing the offense (all he really has to do is run the god damn ball) and the OLINE pieces come back healthy a top 15 offense is not only possibly but to be expected.

Its the defense that is the biggest concern. Since 08-09 the Eagles have had a historically bad stretch of defensive play, especially in the secondary. They never replaced guys like Dawkins or even coordinator JJ. In fact even now, the CBs are middle of the road guys, and the coordinator is Bill Davis who has been terrible in his last two gigs as DC.

ALSO WHY YOU SO MAD?

ChanHuk

Banned
Crack, do you smoke it? Someone will pick him in the top 10.

Possible, but he's behind on his rehab. Might not be ready for training camp, rod in his tibia, had a sports hernia and his shoulder is banged. He's almost as good as Mo Clariborne, but he doesn't have the mensurables for an elite DB.

effzee

Mark my words, fellas. It's happening. These guys are all in a circle jerk about how shiny and new their new offense is. Greek yogurt and smoothies isn't gonna fix not having a QB and refusing to give the ball to shady

Ok then who was refusing to give the ball to Shady?

Is your answer Marty Mornegehjntrgehnege and Andy Reid? Well they are both gone. That whole regime down to the trainers and medical staff is gone.

Why in the world would Chip Kelly not run the ball or give it to Shady? If anything both Shady and his back up Bryce Brown should see tons of carries with an average of 30-35 carries per game. Kelly is all about running the ball.

And if the Eagles do pick up a tackle, in addition to the guys coming back from injury I guarantee they will have a top 10 offense. I don't see how that is outrageous or not to be expected.

Its almost as if you are talking about the Jets. I know its the same colors but I promise its a different team!

Vick, when he isn't fumbling, threw it well and moved the ball between the 20s. We do have skill position players.

Top 10 offense and bottom 10 defense is most likely.

EDIT:

More on the Eagles: There were early reports that Chip wants to load up on TEs. If you remember the Pats took some concepts from him and it wouldn't shock me if he models his offense close to what we see from the Pats, minus the passing. Up tempo no huddle offense with 2-3 TE sets, tons of running the ball, play action and read option stuff.

If they are looking to trade into the mid to late first round, Eifert might be the target depending on where he falls.

Fantomex

Possible, but he's behind on his rehab. Might not be ready for training camp, rod in his tibia, had a sports hernia and his shoulder is banged. He's almost as good as Mo Clariborne, but he doesn't have the mensurables for an elite DB.

I see where you're coming from. But trust me, this is that NFL Draft is almost here BS fodder. It always happens. All the mind games don't amount to much when it comes to injuries. The Bucs just sent their first rounder for the best CB in the league that is trying to come back from an ACL injury. CB's are too hard to come by now at days. Even with all those injuries I don't see him dropping past the Dolphins at #12

ChanHuk

Banned
I see where you're coming from. But trust me, this is that NFL Draft is almost here BS fodder. It always happens. All the mind games don't amount to much when it comes to injuries. The Bucs just sent their first rounder for the best CB in the league that is trying to come back from an ACL injury. CB's are too hard to come by now at days. Even with all those injuries I don't see him dropping past the Dolphins at #12

Yeah but you just said it, Bucs sent a 1st for the best CB in the league. Revis at 75% is still better than 90% of the leagues CBs.

Draxal

Just to back up what I said earlier:

They keep beating that Fluker at LT horse.

I'm cool with it, the more Warmack drops the happier I am.

I'm pretty sure the Giants would have to trade with the Steelers, what does the draft machine say for going up to 17 from 19?

Man look at you guys drinking that Kool aid from the media about the Eagles. Why don't we talk about how awesome the Jets will be and how it's Romo's year to win the Super Bowl while we are at it. Bunch of suckers in here.

We going to get anymore votes for the Saints or are we going to Jarvis Jones it?

Fantomex

Man look at you guys drinking that Kool aid from the media about the Eagles. Why don't we talk about how awesome the Jets will be and how it's Romo's year to win the Super Bowl while we are at it. Bunch of suckers in here.

We going to get anymore votes for the Saints or are we going to Jarvis Jones it?

I say Jarvis Jones for the Saints. He's got that thug swagger.

Fantomex

You guys remember Dany Wuerfell? When he played for the saints and got sacked and his helmet flipped around? I can't find that video. We need that gif nfl-gaf. It needs to be up there with buttfumble and Tom Brady on the ground.

wuerffel.jpg

effzee

I am a little confused about the Chiefs game plan.

Letting go of RT Justice was presumably because they wanted to either move Albert to LT or draft a LT and move him to RT until they needed him at LT.

But they let go of Justice and as far as I know they didn't replace him with anyone yet. And now if they move their starting LT, they have no choice but to take Joeckel and then also draft or sign a RT.

ChanHuk

Banned
I am a little confused about the Chiefs game plan.

Letting go of RT Justice was presumably because they wanted to either move Albert to LT or draft a LT and move him to RT until they needed him at LT.

But they let go of Justice and as far as I know they didn't replace him with anyone yet. And now if they move their starting LT, they have no choice but to take Joeckel and then also draft or sign a RT.

Winston Justice is flat out horrible against the pass. You need good bookends to compete against the Donkeys.

effzee

Winston Justice is flat out horrible against the pass. You need good bookends to compete against the Donkeys.

You mean Eric Winston. Winston Justice is horrible and I know all about it since he was an Eagles player.

You aren't replacing both tackles in this years draft. And they haven't signed anyone to replace Eric anyway. Who is the next man up? And if you need to replace him because he is terrible against the pass why trade Albert? Why not keep him at LT and draft a T to play RT initially and eventually move over to LT.

Just seems like a lot to replace through one draft. Then again Reid tried doing that with the Eagles in the 09 off season when they cut both Tra Thomas (LT) and Jon Runyan (RT). But it hasn't really worked out and what was once a strength for the Eagles for nearly a decade is now a question mark.

Mayock was just on NFLN. Good suggestion of Miami moving up to #4 even if to draft Lane Johnson. Eagles would get the #12 and Miami's #42 pick. At 12 he said you can either still get Milliner or Star.

ChanHuk

Banned
You mean Eric Winston. Winston Justice is horrible and I know all about it since he was an Eagles player.

You aren't replacing both tackles in this years draft. And they haven't signed anyone to replace Eric anyway. Who is the next man up? And if you need to replace him because he is terrible against the pass why trade Albert? Why not keep him at LT and draft a T to play RT initially and eventually move over to LT.

Just seems like a lot to replace through one draft. Then again Reid tried doing that with the Eagles in the 09 off season when they cut both Tra Thomas (LT) and Jon Runyan (RT). But it hasn't really worked out and what was once a strength for the Eagles for nearly a decade is now a question mark.

Mayock was just on NFLN. Good suggestion of Miami moving up to #4 even if to draft Lane Johnson. Eagles would get the #12 and Miami's #42 pick. At 12 he said you can either still get Milliner or Star.

Albert's problem is he wants to get paid and doesn't want to play RT or guard. He wants Jake Long LT money. If you know you're not gonna be able to resign someone, why not draft his replacement and try and get some value out of Albert? It's just business.

Rumors are Miami trading with either Oakland or Eagles. Oakland would be asking for their 1st and 2nd and maybe a 5th. Which is a decent deal, would prefer a 4th. It's going to depend on the first two picks go.

cdyhybrid

Ænima;54961875 said:
...must not take bait...argh...

We'll see how the season plays out friend :)

Good job, sir. It was mostly for our new Redskins fan though!

I like RG3 over Wilson. Mostly because Wilson looks like a bit of a douche and RG3 looks like a nice guy.

Goddamn height-ist Euros! Don't be mean just because you're all 6'5". Russell is a perfectly fine height.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
So Dee Milliner is probably not gonna be ready for training camp, the guy seems pretty nicked up, he might drop out of the 1st.

Wow..... thats not good. He won't drop out of the 1st but with each passing day I think the Lions will trade down to the Dolphins and just grab Warmack.

Can't wait for draft day. :D

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
We can't just assume every Junior that comes in is a certain NFLGAF Bucs fan...... they have a large, fervent fanbase of bandwagoners since their SB win in 2002.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom