• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/22/jaguars-to-unveil-new-uniforms-tomorrow/

Previously, the team unveiled a new logo. Over the weekend, we pointed out that the new uniform will have a military vibe. The helmet will be, according to the team’s Twitter account, revolutionary.

The photo posted at the team’s Facebook suggests it will be gold. The Uni-Watch blog previously reported that the helmet will fade from gold to black.

15258_10151454671268863_1815786154_n.jpg

Jags sporting gold helmets? What do you think Gata?

MechDX

Are they changing the team colors?

http://www.uni-watch.com/2013/04/18/uni-watch-exclusive-new-jaguars-uni-details/

) The leaked image posted a month ago was indeed legit. It showed a replica of the black home jersey.

2) The Jags logo patch on the jersey is facing toward the left because the unis will have a military theme (collar devices and patches in the military face toward the heart).

3) Continuing with the military theme, the players’ last names will appear the front of the jersey under the patch, to mimic the look of a military uniform.

4) The sleeves will have a multi-colored design similar to the what the Falcons have, featuring black, gold, chrome, and teal. In the leaked image you can see the beginnings of some silver/chrome stripe patterns starting on the shoulder area.

5) The jersey will have side panels with some sort of design that will continue into the pants design.

6) The helmet shell will be two-tone — starting out gold and then fading into black.

7) The logo will be somewhat larger than normal for an NFL helmet — think Boise State’s Pro Combat helmet.

8) There will be an alternate teal jersey.

Eeeeewwwww

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Teams can do a complete rebranding if they relocate right? So it won't matter if the Jags move the year after next, they still get to change their colors again?

Fantomex

The last game I needed an actual guide for was Dragon Quest 8.

Ni No Kuni is a straight up copy of that game with Pokemon mixed in so I can imagine the guide being helpful.

NNK is amazing, if you like classic JRPG's you won't regret it. Just make sure you do the optional stuff so you won't have to grind.

The guide is $25 on Amazon. I bought it for some reason and it's really nice, but you have to value strategy guides. It definitely isn't necessary given the internet's existence, of course.

It looks really nice, but man guides just sit there after you're done. I still have wind waker and metal gear guides. I think I'll just visit some YouTube channels if I need help. I'm playing the demo over and over and just want the full game after work.

squicken

Richardson is still the pick

1)Chiefs--Joeckel
2)Jags--Fisher
3)Raiders--Star
4)Eagles--Dion Jordan
5)Lions--Dee Milliner
6)Browns--Sharrif Floyd
7)Cardinals--Lane Johnson
8)Bills--Tavon Austin
9)Jets--Barkevious Mingo
10)Titans--Jonathon Cooper
11)Chargers--Ezekiel Ansah
12)Dolphins--Tyler Eifert
13)Jets--Chance Warmack
14)Panthers--Sheldon Richardson
15)Saints--on the clocl

Alright gents, gators, and cats. Time for our Consensus Mock Draft. The idea is that we put ourselves in the shoes of the GM for every team, and pick a player that we feel is best for that team. We aren't trying to figure out what a team will do, but what they should do.

There's no set time limit for each pick. Once we have had enough reasonable and quality debate on a pick, we'll move on. Ideally, fans of each team can weigh in on the fit and needs of the team, but they are just one voice. Anyone with an opinion is encouraged to share. Try to write something a bit more substantial than 140 characters, and be respectful of others (gator). Hope this works out well!

-We are assuming the Revis deals goes through, and includes the #13 pick to NYJ

-We are assuming KC trades Branden Albert to MIA for a second round pick. KC gets a 2nd back but needs a LT, and MIA gets its LT but losses a premium pick

-No other trades. Each team makes its pick

I'm going to be away for a bit. went ahead and gave CAR Richardson, since it was still mostly in his favor. Saints are on the clock. They could use Fluker. Vaccaro might be in play, but pass rusher a better choice given safety depth in draft.

manfestival

just wanted to chime in as a bucs fan and say that I welcome revis with open arms apprehensively.

With that said, I guess he is gonna be more of a help for the team than he would be a detriment . However, his worth is not 96 at all ... greedy scum!

MechDX

just wanted to chime in as a bucs fan and say that I welcome revis with open arms apprehensively.

With that said, I guess he is gonna be more of a help for the team than he would be a detriment . However, his worth is not 96 at all ... greedy scum!

hmmmmm....

manfestival
image.php

You're doing it wrong!

eznark

Banned

TBBucs4Life amirite?

bionic77

Fucking Nike. I swear if I get this abomination Im done with the NFL:

:jnc

I am pretty sure that NFL GAF could not design a worse uniform even if they tried.

The great uniforms always look simple. The more nasty shit you add to it the worse it looks.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Glad that Schefter is still going to do his job and not sit on news to try and improve ratings.
Adam Schefter added that Twitter is "such a part of the life we live now so it just figures it would extend to the NFL draft." But he still realizes the importance of the experience of watching the draft unfold on TV rather than the computer. "Some people like having that news instantaneously," he said. "Many don't like the surprise to be spoiled. I am not looking to spoil the drama or ruin the experience."

??

I'm one of the few people that actually, on the whole, like nike designed uniforms.

With that said, I'm glad the Vikings new uniforms are essentially throwbacks.

jakncoke

Banned
This gen will force Nintendo out of the home console business like Sega before them. You know it deep down, snes.

Or just become a handheld only company, seeing they own that territory. But i doubt Nintendo will leave the home market really. the 64 got crushed by ps1 and sold like 1/3 of it, the gamecube sold like 20 million and was crushed and still a Wii came.

Sounded to me like he'd be just give warning or something. "Spoiling" news is fucking retarded. No one cries when reporters do their job and tell us what a press conference is or.
I'll never understand the uproar about "ruining" the surprise of the draft. I don't give a shit. I just want to know who the team picked (my team in particular). If the broadcast happens to tell me 5 minutes before it happens - I couldn't care less. It won't change the rate at which I drink my beer or consume whatever food I happen to have handy at the draft party.

eznark

Banned
I'll never understand the uproar about "ruining" the surprise of the draft. I don't give a shit. I just want to know who the team picked (my team in particular). If the broadcast happens to tell me 5 minutes before it happens - I couldn't care less. It won't change the rate at which I drink my beer or consume whatever food I happen to have handy at the draft party.
"Spoiler" culture is a blight on humanity.

manfestival

he hate me jerseys

I do not fall for the lies of the nay sayers of the buccaneers. I don't feel like revis is overrated just overpayed. The man brings so much to the team. We superb owl now. Watch out cause freeman got fatter and is gonna be ballin with dougie fresh.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I like the idea of the commissioner announcing the pick with a bit of drama. But, like I said before, someone will be spoiling the picks via twitter. So if you can't wait an extra 60 seconds, there's that.

e - Cano also on the juice. Yankees am doomed.

jakncoke

Banned
he hate me jerseys

I do not fall for the lies of the nay sayers of the buccaneers. I don't feel like revis is overrated just overpayed. The man brings so much to the team. We superb owl now. Watch out cause freeman got fatter and is gonna be ballin with dougie fresh.

You're drunk snes go home

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I like the idea of the commissioner announcing the pick with a bit of drama. But, like I said before, someone will be spoiling the picks via twitter. So if you can't wait an extra 60 seconds, there's that.

That's the balance I'd like to have.

Internet first then TV second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom