• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NFL realy fucked over the Raiders. Damn. Imagine how different NFL history would be if Elway were a Raider (back in the 80s when they weren't a joke yet) and Howie Long were on that 85 Bears defense.

squicken

The NFL realy fucked over the Raiders. Damn. Imagine how different NFL history would be if Elway were a Raider (back in the 80s when they weren't a joke yet) and Howie Long were on that 85 Bears defense.

I'm not sure how much is there, though. Al asked Demoff if Marino could throw deep. I think it really may have been Al was just too involved in his lawsuit. The Raiders always had a shifting front office power structure

Man that documentary was amazing. I didn't really know how stupid the Eagles were aside from the Buddy Ryan era. They are second to the Jets in draft day stupidity.

But Pittsburgh man, I just don't get it, but then I do get it. Bradshaw was healthy at the time but he was old. But now I'm looking at teams like the Packers who planned ahead and wonder what if they chose Marino. What might seem stupid but I don't understand is, why couldn't Baltimore of traded someone to move up into the first again? Think about it, Pick Marino or Elway, its a win win.

I know Paul Zimmerman is considered a good evaluator of talent, but when he was wrong, he was reaaaaaaaaaaaallllyyy wrong. He thought Marino was garbage and that Tony Mandarich was gonna be a GOAT.

I don't mean to pick on the Jets, but Demoff's quote about consoling Marino after the Jets past on him was great. "These people just aren't that smart"

Godslay

Banned

Elway, Bo Jackson, and Tim Brown? Almost as good as Elway, Davis, and Shannon.

I'm not sure how much is there, though. Al asked Demoff if Marino could throw deep. I think it really may have been Al was just too involved in his lawsuit. The Raiders always had a shifting front office power structure

We are referring to the "approved" trade with the Bears that Demoff and Al Davis felt was shut down by that NFL that would have lead to Elway with the Raiders

squicken

We are referring to the "approved" trade with the Bears that Demoff and Al Davis felt was shut down by that NFL that would have lead to Elway with the Raiders

I agree it was probably killed by the league, it's just hard for there to be any sort of real substantiation. I think I got my QBs mixed up. Was it Elway Al asked about as far as the deep ball?

Godslay

Banned
Yeah, just a shade below Aikman, Emmit, and Irvin.

In terms of SB wins, sure. Cowboys did have better, more complete teams as well. They were great, no doubt. Elway was better than Aikman though. Emmit had a better career than TD maybe not better individual years, and Shannon and Irvin are different beasts but HOFs hard to compare 1:1.

I think he was referring to Elway there.

Yeah, I believe so, because he said something to the effect of John can throw the further than anybody else or something like that.

jbug617

Banned

The thing that shocked me was the Montana for Elway rumor.

Edit: LaCanfora is saying if the Chiefs can't deal Albert, then they will draft Fisher 1st.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
In terms of SB wins, sure. Cowboys did have better, more complete teams as well. They were great, no doubt. Elway was better than Aikman though. Emmit had a better career than TD maybe not better individual years, and Shannon and Irvin are different beasts but HOFs hard to compare 1:1.

Those Cowboys teams were absurdly complete. People talk up the 2007 Patriots but the early 90s Cowboy teams under Jimmy Johnson were probably better. I absolutely love it that Jerry Jones has deluded himself into thinking he had anything to do with it when he should have given Jimmy Johnson a lifetime contract and built a statue of him out front.

I mean, Jerry Jones and Barry Switzer had to buy off Neil O'Donnell with hookers and blow for that third ring!

Godslay

Banned
Those Cowboys teams were absurdly complete. People talk up the 2007 Patriots but the early 90s Cowboy teams under Jimmy Johnson were probably better. I absolutely love it that Jerry Jones has deluded himself into thinking he had anything to do with it when he should have given Jimmy Johnson a lifetime contract and built a statue of him out front.

I mean, Jerry Jones and Barry Switzer had to buy off Neil O'Donnell with hookers and blow for that third ring!

They were fun to watch, although it might be more fun to watch Romo.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
They were fun to watch, although it might be more fun to watch Romo.

Fun? There was nothing fun about getting violated by the same team in the playoffs every year. To this day I love watching them suck. Every delicious minute of the Cowboys sucking is a fine wine to be savored and a soothing poultice for my childhood memories.

Godslay

Banned
Fun? There was nothing fun about getting violated by the same team in the playoffs every year. To this day I love watching them suck. Every delicious minute of the Cowboys sucking is a fine wine to be savored and a soothing poultice for my childhood memories.

AFC vs NFC, I guess. If Denver was in the NFC I'd probably be saying the same thing.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Watched the Dysert qb camp. That kid has a lot of Big Ben in him. Went to the same school. Grew up in a small town. Big. Strong arm. Has no idea when to get rid of the football.

Godslay

Banned
ask pepe manning, Pittsburg and the jets what it feels to be violated by us for a decade

they won't say "fun"

But he would...

iG1iUZO9EwXWz.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
With Albert's age and apparent desire to make a shit ton of cash, they should just try to deal him for whatever and then draft Joeckel.
That's what they're doing. They just have to do some negotiating through the media first. This is the "oh yeah, well we'll keep him, then" phase.

Fantomex

No that was Juan Castillo, who became the defensive something or another, I'm not going to say coordinator, because he wasn't coordinating shit.

I just mean that it was his claim to fame. He became popular for supposedly building good offensive lines. But that's in the past anyways :)

squicken

McGinn's Scout Ratings of DBs

CB--Milliner consensus top guy

The Journal Sentinel interviewed 16 scouts with national orientation in the last three weeks, asking them to rank the top five cornerbacks. Hayden never even got a mention until a week ago.

As it was, Alabama's Dee Milliner became the first cornerback in a decade to be a unanimous choice in the poll. He drew all 16 first-place votes.

Following Milliner and his 80 points were Xavier Rhodes and Desmond Trufant, each with 44; Jamar Taylor, 14; Johnthan Banks, 13; Darius Slay, 12; Hayden, seven; Blidi Wreh-Wilson, six; David Amerson, five; Sanders Commings, four; Robert Alford and Leon McFadden, three; Dwayne Gratz and Logan Ryan, two; and Jordan Poyer, one.

S

There was little agreement in the Journal Sentinel poll of 16 scouts asking them to rate their five best safeties.

Kenny Vaccaro led the way with eight first-place votes and 65 points, followed by Eric Reid, 61 (five firsts); Matt Elam, 49 (one first); Jonathan Cyprien, 27 (one first); Phillip Thomas, 14 (one first); T.J. McDonald, seven; Bacarri Rambo, six; D.J. Swearinger, five; J.J. Wilcox, four; and Duke Williams and Shawn Williams, each one.

squicken

Wasn't Tony Jefferson supposed to be one of the top safety prospects going into the season last year? What happened to the guy?

He's not fast enough. The WVU players were running away from him. OU coaches also killed him for his work ethic. And it showed. He was visibly fatigued often. If he gets in shape he can be really good around the LoS, but I'm not sure he can play single high

cashman

Banned
He's not fast enough. The WVU players were running away from him. OU coaches also killed him for his work ethic. And it showed. He was visibly fatigued often. If he gets in shape he can be really good around the LoS, but I'm not sure he can play single high

Yeah, in that Tavon Austin video, him and #6 were getting burned.

edit: just checked the video again. #6 wasn't in there much, but Jefferson got thoroughly embarrassed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxzPryPMB74

1)Chiefs--Joeckel
2)Jags--Fisher
3)Raiders--Star
4)Eagles--Dion Jordan
5)Lions--Dee Milliner
6)Browns--Sharrif Floyd
7)Cardinals--Lane Johnson
8)Bills--Tavon Austin
9)Jets--Barkevious Mingo
10)Titans--Jonathon Cooper
11)Chargers--Ezekiel Ansah
12)Dolphins--Tyler Eifert
13)Jets--Chance Warmack
14)Panthers--Sheldon Richardson
15)Saints--Jarvis Jones
16)Rams--DJ Fluker
17)Steelers--Cordarrelle Patterson
18)Cowboys--Crybaby Vaccaro
19)Giants--Cornellius Carradine
20)Bears--Alec Ogletree
21)Bengals--John Cyprien
22)Rams--Justin Hunter
23)Vikes--on the clock

Bah, Dee Milliner seems like he was born to be a Lions bust. Dude is legit but I'm concerned about the injuries.

1)Chiefs--Joeckel
2)Jags--Fisher
3)Raiders--Star
4)Eagles--Dion Jordan
5)Lions--Dee Milliner
6)Browns--Sharrif Floyd
7)Cardinals--Lane Johnson
8)Bills--Tavon Austin
9)Jets--Barkevious Mingo
10)Titans--Jonathon Cooper
11)Chargers--Ezekiel Ansah
12)Dolphins--Tyler Eifert
13)Jets--Chance Warmack
14)Panthers--Sheldon Richardson
15)Saints--Jarvis Jones
16)Rams--DJ Fluker
17)Steelers--Cordarrelle Patterson
18)Cowboys--Crybaby Vaccaro
19)Giants--Cornellius Carradine
20)Bears--Alec Ogletree
21)Bengals--John Cyprien
22)Rams--Justin Hunter
23)Vikes--on the clock

So, WR for the Vikes here? Nuke or Keenan Allen.

Hunter S.

This hypothetical past makes me laugh considering John hates the Raiders now like a true Coloradan does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom