• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Great 30 for 30? Or greatest 30 for 30?

It was good. Super high production value and behind the scenes stories via NFL Films and that agent's Diary (man, that's a HOF Document if I had any say in it). But still, Pony Excess and The U are the best 30 for 30.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The only 30 for 30 I've seen was Straight Out of LA.

It was pretty good, it definitely shed some light on one if the NFL's marquee franchises.

BigAT

The only 30 for 30 I've seen was Straight Out of LA.

It was pretty good, it definitely shed some light on one if the NFL's marquee franchises.

You should check out the rest, I thought Straight Out of LA was the worst out of the ones I have seen.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You should check out the rest, I thought Straight Out of LA was the worst out of the ones I have seen.

Then the only 30 for 30 you've ever seen is by far the worst 30 for 30. Try watching The Two Escobars.

Haha it must be an amazing show then.

I'll probably watch Broke and Bo Jackson next.

Edit: Holy crap Nintendo is just dropping the ball with the Wii U VC. Absolutely pathetic starting out with only 8 titles.

squicken

Damn that was really good. It's funny how QBs now have to be boring virgin nerds to win. Elway, Kelly, and Marino were cocky as fuck. And O'Brien was good. The Jets weren't bad in the 80s. The Eason thing though . . . I can tell why he wouldn't want to participate. Those Pats guys killed him. And he really did look too small

Awesome draft. So many good players besides the QBs. Pretty neat that Bradshaw regrew teeth and hair

squicken

1)Chiefs--Joeckel
2)Jags--Fisher
3)Raiders--Star
4)Eagles--Dion Jordan
5)Lions--Dee Milliner
6)Browns--Sharrif Floyd
7)Cardinals--Lane Johnson
8)Bills--Tavon Austin
9)Jets--Barkevious Mingo
10)Titans--Jonathon Cooper
11)Chargers--Ezekiel Ansah
12)Dolphins--Tyler Eifert
13)Jets--Chance Warmack
14)Panthers--Sheldon Richardson
15)Saints--Jarvis Jones
16)Rams--DJ Fluker
17)Steelers--Cordarrelle Patterson
18)Cowboys--Crybaby Vaccaro
19)Giants--Cornellius Carradine
20)Bears--Alec Ogletree
21)Bengals--John Cyprien
22)Rams--Justin Hunter
23)Vikes--on the clock

Alright gents, gators, and cats. Time for our Consensus Mock Draft. The idea is that we put ourselves in the shoes of the GM for every team, and pick a player that we feel is best for that team. We aren't trying to figure out what a team will do, but what they should do.

There's no set time limit for each pick. Once we have had enough reasonable and quality debate on a pick, we'll move on. Ideally, fans of each team can weigh in on the fit and needs of the team, but they are just one voice. Anyone with an opinion is encouraged to share. Try to write something a bit more substantial than 140 characters, and be respectful of others (gator). Hope this works out well!

-We are assuming the Revis deals goes through, and includes the #13 pick to NYJ

-We are assuming KC trades Branden Albert to MIA for a second round pick. KC gets a 2nd back but needs a LT, and MIA gets its LT but losses a premium pick

-No other trades. Each team makes its pick

squicken

Would any player today call out another like Bradshaw did Elway?

NFL Films ‏@NFLFilms
Terry Bradshaw about to completely rip John Elway – 30 years later, that relationship has not gotten better.

That's from the director of the 30 for 30. I like Bradshaw but he's Brett Favre stupid

Godslay

Banned
5k and 48TDs in the age before stat whore pink skirts is so amazing

It's ridiculous really.

That was like trash talk though.

Bradshaw told Elway basically to shut up and play where he's drafted.

The only thing I could think of off the top of my head. It would suck to be in the Colt's shoes obviously, but who the hell would want to be stuck in Baltimore? Even Baltimore Larry is a California guy.

squicken

It's ridiculous really.

At the end of his career he was an unlikable ass the way he threw temper tantrums on the field as his skills declined ...

But when he was young he couldn't be sacked b/c he had the fastest release ever. 85 Bears couldn't touch him. Defense built on smashing the QB couldn't get to him

squicken

Best draft fact ever: #Jets picked Ken O'Brien over Dan Marino ('83), Al Toon over Jerry Rice ('85), Blair Thomas over Emmitt Smith ('90)

Jests

I wonder what Bradshaw's reaction would have been if the Steelers did draft Marino. Terry just loved to hear himself talk, that was always a problem with him and still is.

Lunchbox

Banned
No shit divisions do that.

Great qb's win in the playoffs and should be nearly unbearable at home. And they should never, ever, ever under any circumstances ever lose to Mr. Buttfumble.
great qbs aren't fat

55zoSmF.jpg

Fantomex

Man that documentary was amazing. I didn't really know how stupid the Eagles were aside from the Buddy Ryan era. They are second to the Jets in draft day stupidity.

But Pittsburgh man, I just don't get it, but then I do get it. Bradshaw was healthy at the time but he was old. But now I'm looking at teams like the Packers who planned ahead and wonder what if they chose Marino. What might seem stupid but I don't understand is, why couldn't Baltimore of traded someone to move up into the first again? Think about it, Pick Marino or Elway, its a win win.

I know Paul Zimmerman is considered a good evaluator of talent, but when he was wrong, he was reaaaaaaaaaaaallllyyy wrong. He thought Marino was garbage and that Tony Mandarich was gonna be a GOAT.

According to CBS' Jason La Canfora, the Jaguars are "high on" USC QB Matt Barkley.
Barkley isn't a candidate for the No. 2 pick, but a potential trade back into the final third of the first round. NFL.com's Albert Breer reported earlier Tuesday the Rams' No. 22 pick is viewed as a "potential landing place" for teams looking to move up to get a quarterback. Barkley is a second-round talent on tape, but appears likely to come off the board on day one.
Barkely shall wield the new helmet. I think he can actually be pretty good if you get some good weapons around him. Maybe operate at a Matt Ryan level one day.

Godslay

Banned
I always liked Elway. It was awful when he betrayed Tebow. But that 30 for 30 ... like him again. If Tebow can forgive, so can I

He is truly a man's man (besides the All My Children thing). I was upset that he traded Timmy, but God has a plan, Elway was merely a pawn in the grand scheme of Tebow's ascension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom