• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

meaningless (as it were) regular season game is cool but now post the seahawks rushing numbers from the NFC championship game or superbowl

Making it to the Super Bowl and losing isn't something to brag about! Second place is just the first loser. If you aren't holding that trophy it doesn't matter where you finished.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
:lol, at least Teo's getting a bunch of "Alabama kicked your ass" questions, rather than "Where's your GF at?" questions.

I'm starting to doubt Stafford will play at least 15 games. Mayhew has said they will pursue some vet o-linesman but still, we're so naked right now bros.

Making it to the Super Bowl and losing isn't something to brag about! Second place is just the first loser. If you aren't holding that trophy it doesn't matter where you finished.

that's like saying oh hey guys i went out with this chick and she gave me a blow job but she didn't fuck me or let me give her a rim job.

yes, the ultimate goal was not achieved, but experience is worth something and then the next time when you go in for that BJ/RJ/Bang combo it is even sweeter

cdyhybrid

He, like other Seahawks still probably consider the Super Bowl loss an actual win for them. Losers lol

I think you're the only person that actually thinks this anymore.

that's like saying oh hey guys i went out with this chick and she gave me a blow job but she didn't fuck me or let me give her a rim job.

yes, the ultimate goal was not achieved, but experience is worth something and then the next time when you go in for that BJ/RJ/Bang combo it is even sweeter

No RJs for me. I'm not about that life I'm afraid! You can keep those.

The experience is worth something!

Doorman

I'm starting to doubt Stafford will play at least 15 games. Mayhew has said they will pursue some vet o-linesman but still, we're so naked right now bros.

Riding shotgun with you on that one. We'd better hope that our defense takes some huge steps forward and that Reggie Bush running behind Warford will tilt the tables, because trying to rely solely on Stafford's arm cannot last long like this.

Also, apparently nobody told Mayock that Jahvid Best isn't even really on the team anymore.

Always knew you were a shit eater

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
7th round.....

I'm totally excited to see who is going to be on the practice squad and who will be bagging groceries in a few months.

I'm officially more excited about future UDFAs!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
NFL.com had Kruger going in the first 100 picks. Seems like a decent value for us here. Eagles need some real 3-4 DE's

Wes

venison crêpe
I know theres about 20 compensatory picks at the end of this round but it seems like there's going to be a bunch of good talent goind undrafted.

The scramble for them in the coming hours should be entetaining too.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Reading 2012 Draft commentary on Wilson all makes for good reading in hindsight. Hell, Seahawks got graded a C for their draft overall at the time.

Found a good post in the comments on that site, though:

Great job with the R.Wilson projections...although in your asterisk section I think you may have placed too much emphasis on his height without explaining why shorter quarterbacks usually don't make it in the nfl. True, their ability to see over the pocket is not the same as someone who is 6-4, and this can prove to be a hindrance (along with being more prone to have balls batted down). However, I think the reason most "short" qb's don't make it in the nfl related to their height, but not a sole factor of their height. Short qb's tend to lack the arm strength required in the nfl to make deep out throws and to throw down the field accurately (be able to hit an WR who has a step on his man in stride). In addition, a short qb may also have additional problems if his release point (also, arm length is a factor as well as release point) is lower and if he does not have a quick release (this allows for more batted balls and more time for DB's to break on throws). Further, shorter qb's tend to have smaller hands, which affect ability to grip the ball, throw in adverse conditions, etc (this last point may be reaching a little, but it may also have some effect...it however small).

This is where R.Wilson doesn't really "fit the mold" as a "short" qb. True, he is short, but his arms are the length of a person who is 6 ft 2 (the same with his hands...he has large hands for his size). In addition, he releases the ball at the top of his throwing motion. Factor in his lightning quick release and his arm strength (which is above average for nfl standards), and you have a short qb who does not display any of the weaknesses usually associated with short qb's. This is evidenced by the fact that only a few of his passes were batted down (despite playing behind an O-line that has NFL size at Wisconsin. It is further evidenced by his ability to be accurate on his deep throws, which is a function of his accuracy, arm strength, and anticipation. I think that explains why Wilson has succeeded where other short qb's have not.

(it should also be noted that few people have Wilson's work ethic, maturity, and poise...which has played a huge part in his success)

Since the nfl is a copycat league, I think teams would be wise to consider these factors if they think about drafting a short qb in future drafts, in an effort to duplicate the success the Hawks had with drafting a qb. It is true that Wilson had success even though he is short. Although he lacks height, other factors, usually related to height, were actually in Wilson's favor (arm length, arm strength, high release point, hand size, quickness of release, etc.).

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I can't entirely kill the pick...but damn, was there no OT left that we possibly felt could be of use? We also haven't gotten a single linebacker either, just who is supposed to replace Justin Durant?

BMW is about the size of an OT. Best blocking TE in the draft with good hands. He's just slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom