• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Another QB finally gets taken and it's a guy from Southern Utah.

Tyler Bray was a junior. Why did he come out? What a disaster for him, though he must be a giant shithead b/c he has enough talent to get drafted

Colasante

4 picks away. Marquess Wilson and Da'Rick Rogers on the board. Patriots will draft an offensive lineman or a random Rutgers player, confirmed.

Wes

venison crêpe
Latest Browns pick was arrested for selling weed during a football practice. 5 year deferred sentence.

Love him already.

jakncoke

Banned
Another QB finally gets taken and it's a guy from Southern Utah.

Tyler Bray was a junior. Why did he come out? What a disaster for him, though he must be a giant shithead b/c he has enough talent to get drafted

tylerbraybacktat.jpg

He isnt to smart..

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I just got home and have only been able to spy a few things on twitter.

Browns-GAF can you give me a recap of who we've taken.

As far as I know we traded for a lot of picks next year?

We drafted some guy named Slaughter?

UberTag

Like the Chris Gragg pick for the Bills in the 7th.
Here are some details on him from Rotoviz.com.

His injury history and lack of blocking ability make him suspect but I can see him serving in a utility role while Lee Smith handles the brunt of the pass/run blocking responsibilities until Chandler recovers from his ACL tear. He's also a speedster like most of the Bills receivers picked up this weekend.

squicken

you just drafted a tackle i have never heard of, from a school i have never heard of

jakncoke

Banned

You just drafted some dude who was using football practice has a his weed dealing location
Edit;
Didnt Danny Woodhead go to Chadron St?

LJ11

Like the Chris Gragg pick for the Bills in the 7th.
Here are some details on him from Rotoviz.com.

His injury history and lack of blocking ability make him suspect but I can see him serving in a utility role while Lee Smith handles the brunt of the pass/run blocking responsibilities until Chandler recovers from his ACL tear. He's also a speedster like most of the Bills receivers picked up this weekend.

Yeah, I love the pick as well.

Only guy I hated was Clemson S, and taking a kicker again even though we need one, this one will probably stick however.

Guard in the 7th for the Giants. Eric Herman. Never heard of him I must admit. Time to go look him up. Anyone have any info?

Mara said that he wanted the Giants to get tougher up front. Mostly a DLINE/OLINE draft for us.

squicken

What's funny about this thing with GB and NYG is they want to get bigger to hang with SEA and SF. STL is actually getting smaller and faster. Granted, the Rams play 11 games indoors this year. Curious to see how it plays out

Colasante

Pretty funny. Just read he got his face broken in a fight and had to eat through a straw all summer so he lost a ton of weight and underachieved.

Apparently some scouts thought Buchanan was actually better than Illinois teammate Whitney Mercilus in 2011, when Mercilus went in the 1st round. He could be a nice steal in the 7th round.

What's funny about this thing with GB and NYG is they want to get bigger to hang with SEA and SF. STL is actually getting smaller and faster. Granted, the Rams play 11 games indoors this year. Curious to see how it plays out
The Giants smacked the Niners in the face the last time they played and hung in with them just fine physically in both games they played in 2011. The Giants have always been about big bodies and that isn't changing based on what other teams are going to do.

The last time we played Seattle, I can't remember who the QB was. I know we lost the game in the end (Eli pick on a pass to Cruz that he tipped. Maybe in 2010?) but I honestly can't remember who played QB for them.

catching up on the Skins draft picks:

Chris Thompson seems like a shifty, speedy back who can complement FroMo, but he seems to have a worrisome injury history.

Brandon Jenkings gives us depth up front as a pass rusher but also had injury issues.

Bacarri Rambo is a player I liked and getting him with a 6th rounder is nice. Very boom or bust like many other safeties, but still an upgrade over our awful secondary. Seems like a knucklehead with 2 failed drug tests already, but on the plus side his last name is Rambo.

Has Stefphon Jefferson out of Nevada not been drafted yet?

Apparently some scouts thought Buchanan was actually better than Illinois teammate Whitney Mercilus in 2011, when Mercilus went in the 1st round. He could be a nice steal in the 7th round.

Here's the surprise, all the players the Pats drafted had great 3-cone times!

I'M SHOCKED!

Wes

venison crêpe

- We have an extra 3rd and 4th round pick next year.
- A versatile free safety coming off an ACL.
- An OLB who sold weed to an undercover cop during a football practice.
- An OT body.

Draxal

The Giants smacked the Niners in the face the last time they played and hung in with them just fine physically in both games they played in 2011. The Giants have always been about big bodies and that isn't changing based on what other teams are going to do.

Ayup, it's just the core of the Gline is very old and they need to get replacements for all of them in line.

I wonder if kids are paying attention to how much money Honey Badger and Da'Rick Rogers lost this weekend due to being dumbasses. You'd think that would be incentive enough to convince many that they shouldn't fuck up a good thing, but I doubt it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
- We have an extra 3rd and 4th round pick next year.
- A versatile free safety coming off an ACL.
- An OLB who sold weed to an undercover cop during a football practice.
- An OT body.

I just read a bit so essentially we're hoping these guys can recover well and dominate.

high risk, high reward players. Fuego!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Steelers' picks:

1 Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
2 Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State
3 Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State
4 Shamarko Thomas S Syracuse
4 Landry Jones QB Oklahoma
5 Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois
6 Justin Brown WR Oklahoma
6 Vince Williams LB Florida State