• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
tomy-brady-waterslide_crop_340x234.jpg

Landry-Jones-GIF.gif

Tom Penny

Well yeah, but it's also hard to make a timely play when you can dump the ball of to a RB on every play for a 5-10 yard gain, because our LBs are too slow to cover them.

LOL. Do you even watch the Patriots? They can't cover tight ends not the imaginary RB's that kill them your're talking about.

LOL. Do you even watch the Patriots? They can't cover tight ends not the imaginary RB's that kill them your're talking about.

Lol, watch out you don't fall off your high horse.

I agree that they also can't cover TEs, but so many times the RB runs out into the flat wide open without anybody even remotely close to them.

jakncoke

Banned
That image will forever be ingrained into our minds when Landry Jones scrambles for the game winning 50 yard touch down in next year's Super Bowl.

If he led us to a SB, i would be the most confused motherfucker ever. On one hand hell yeah steelers got another ring, on the other how this loser ass with the current crop of talentless + olds just win a sb

Draxal

eh....Renfree in a lot of ways is similar to Ryan. Great accuracy, tendency to check down if the play goes to long. Smart player. He can run the same offense and you're not going to have to change much for him. It makes sense.

Who knows, he could be the the next Slangin' or Shoob

EDIT: Wasn't Dave Brown drafted? I seem to remember he was. Can't remember if Anthony Dilwig was

He was a supplemental first rounders for the NY Giants back in the DARK DARK DARK DAYS of the Giants, during the HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED/Dan Reeves era.

Godslay

Banned
Broncos official out of Freeney running per Mike Klis. Some where saying it was a foregone conclusion that Freeney would come after the draft. Signing of Phillips nixed anything with Freeney.

Tom Penny

I agree that they also can't cover TEs, but so many times the RB runs out into the flat wide open without anybody even remotely close to them.

You still make no sense. How many games have they lost because a RB beat them in the passing game dinking and dunking? It's not even a big problem on D.

jakncoke

Banned
Duke qbs drafted

Ben Bennett 1984 6th round
Ben Brodhead 1958 12th round
Dave Brown 1992 1st round supp
Anthony Dilweg 1989 3rd round
Scotty Glacken 1966 7th round
Leo Hart 1971 3rd round
Sonny Jurgenson 1957 4th round
Al Woodall 1969 2nd round

Sean Renfree 2013 7th round

Doorman

Looking over the lists, the Lions apparently picked up a UFA named "LaAdrian Waddle."

That's got to be one of the more awkward names I've seen in recent memory. LaAdrian? Really?

One pick I'm definitely interested to see how it turns out is the Shamarko Thomas pick. Steelers gave up a future 3rd to take him, and Browns allowed a division rival to take a player at a postiton of need. I personally like the trade, but I'll be following his progress and what happens with the 3rd.

I also like our Pick of Slaughter and think he has a change to start this year if fully healthy.

bionic77

Guys, guys. Lets not fight.

Lets all agree that the Pats can't cover anyone and that they are cheating frauds. The Pats shit defense is not worth losing what you two have.

squicken

So Bray initially agreed to sign with MIA, but got a better offer from KC, so went with them before signing. No idea what they ethics of all that is, but KC the better spot either way. Sherman would throw him out a window

eznark

Banned
So Bray initially agreed to sign with MIA, but got a better offer from KC, so went with them before signing. No idea what they ethics of all that is, but KC the better spot either way. Sherman would throw him out a window

San Diego State knows that feeling.

Seems like a better landing spot honestly. If Andy can actually turn him into something decent that would be amazing. Bray going on Grudens camp probably didn't help himself, came off as kind of a RAtard.

Hopefully Bray takes that extra money from the Chiefs offer to get that tattoo blowtorched off. I really like the signing, but expect nothing more than a year on the bench, some spot duty and a trade for a pick down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom