• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Undrafted Tigers:

Dworaczyk, Josh OG 6'6" 300 53.2
Faulk, Chris OT 6'5" 331 64.0
Ford, Michael RB 5'9" 59.0
Hurst, Alex OT 6'6" 340 51.2
Lonergan, P.J. C 6'3" 304 58.3
Sheppard, Russell WR 6'0
Wing, Brad P 6'2" 205

Thats quite an impressive list of undrafted players you have there, LSU.

jakncoke

Banned
Alvin Bailey G Arkansas
Dwayne Beckford LB Purdue
Tyler Bray QB Tennesee
Terrence Brown CB Stanford
Duron Carter WR Ohio St
Mike Edwards CB Hawaii
Christ Faulk T LSU
Michael Ford RB LSU
Kwame Geathers DT Georgia
Jajaun Harley S Middle Tenn St
Stefphon Jefferson RB Nevada
Tony Jefferson S Oklahoma
Jose Jose DT UCF
Brandon Moore DT Texas
Joesph Randle RB OK St
Bradley Randle RB UNLV
Greg Reid DB Florida St
Nickell Robey DB USC
Darrington Sentimore DE Tenn
Steve Williams CB Cali
Brad Wing P LSU <--LOL
Cierre Wood RB Notre Dame
Tom Wort LB Oklahoma

23 of the whatever early entrants went undrafted

Colasante

Already two Penn State players going to the Patriots as UDFA. Former Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien is the coach there. Wouldn't be surprised if that became the new Rutgers for the Patriots. Urban Meyer's Ohio State is another possibility.

Already two Penn State players going to the Patriots as UDFA. Former Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien is the coach there. Wouldn't be surprised if that became the new Rutgers for the Patriots. Urban Meyer's Ohio State is another possibility.

I actually forgot all about this...

I already mentioned it earlier, in 2/3 years Bill is only gonna draft Ohio State players.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Number of drafted players per SEC team
For reference, Florida State had the most with 11 players, Alabama came in 2nd nationally

Alabama - 9
LSU - 9
Florida - 9
Georgia - 8
South Carolina - 7
Texas A&M - 5
Arkansas - 4
Tennessee - 4
Miss State - 3
Missouri - 2
Vanderbilt - 2
Auburn - 1
Kentucky - 1
Ole Miss - 0

Way to go, Ole Miss.

FSU with 11 draftees, and blows it last season, even with a weak schedule :lol

cashman

Banned
Alvin Bailey G Arkansas
Dwayne Beckford LB Purdue
Tyler Bray QB Tennesee
Terrence Brown CB Stanford
Duron Carter WR Ohio St
Mike Edwards CB Hawaii
Christ Faulk T LSU
Michael Ford RB LSU
Kwame Geathers DT Georgia
Jajaun Harley S Middle Tenn St
Stefphon Jefferson RB Nevada
Tony Jefferson S Oklahoma
Jose Jose DT UCF
Brandon Moore DT Texas
Joesph Randle RB OK St
Bradley Randle RB UNLV
Greg Reid DB Florida St
Nickell Robey DB USC
Darrington Sentimore DE Tenn
Steve Williams CB Cali
Brad Wing P LSU <--LOL
Cierre Wood RB Notre Dame
Tom Wort LB Oklahoma

23 of the whatever early entrants went undrafted

Drafted by the Cowboys in the 5th.

Brandon Moore was kind of a grade casualty for the Longhorns. Juco guy that couldn't stay eligible.

Lawrence Okoye, the British Olympic Discus thrower, goes to the 49ers.

article-2209424-1468BDFE000005DC-256_634x425_zps6a7e9ff7.jpg

christian okoyes brother wants that ring!

jakncoke

Banned
Drafted by the Cowboys in the 5th.

Brandon Moore was kind of a grade casualty for the Longhorns. Juco guy that couldn't stay eligible.

Oh ok. 22 of the whatever. This isnt even account for the people drafted 5th or lower that would of been better served staying in if they could. So many mistakes and bad info for the players

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I love Jeff Tuel and I'm glad to see he signed with Buffalo. He could certainly be decent back up for them.

Marc Ross on Nassib:

Marc Ross says of Ryan Nassib: "Is he the most needed person? No. But if something happens to the guy who's starting he becomes the highest priority in the draft.'' The Giants feel secure with Eli Manning but believe Nassib represented too much value to pass up. "We think he can be an excellent backup and a starter in time. If not here, then somewhere else.'' #nyg
Yeah, Jerry and Marc want that trade bait in a year or two.:)

With the way the draft played out, poor Bradshaw won't be signing with anyone soon it appears.

cdyhybrid

Marc Ross on Nassib:

Yeah, Jerry and Marc want that trade bait in a year or two.:)

Gonna have to either fake an Eli injury or play well enough to be able to rest guys at the end of the season so you can get him PT, otherwise you might not be able to convince people to trade anything nice for him :p

Gonna have to either fake an Eli injury or play well enough to be able to rest guys at the end of the season so you can get him PT, otherwise you might not be able to convince people to trade anything nice for him :p
Eli will fake one for the team. He'll start the first quarter or two to keep the streak going and then sit down.;)

BigAT

I wouldn't say that. Look at how much Mallett's name gets tossed around with his 1 career completion.

squicken

Number of drafted players per SEC team
For reference, Florida State had the most with 11 players, Alabama came in 2nd nationally

Alabama - 9
LSU - 9
Florida - 9
Georgia - 8
South Carolina - 7
Texas A&M - 5
Arkansas - 4
Tennessee - 4
Miss State - 3
Missouri - 2
Vanderbilt - 2
Auburn - 1
Kentucky - 1
Ole Miss - 0

Way to go, Ole Miss.

FSU with 11 draftees, and blows it last season, even with a weak schedule :lol

Rams signed Ole Miss DE Gerald Rivers as an UDFA. Put it on the board! They need it

I mean all you can do is laugh. He has no long speed but is amazingly quick. Of course he is an undersized white slot receiver

squicken

Guess Chip Kelly said he had Dion Jordan rated higher than Lane Johnson. At least he's honest

edit: DaRick Rogers to the Bills. Another southerner for LJ

LJ11

Oh, another classic Buddy Nix moment the other day.

When asked about Kiko Alonso's past Nix said he didn't have a big issue with it. To paraphrase, "He just drinks too much, some people social drink, he just drank too much. Not like he's beating up women or anything like that."

Went on to say he's batting .100 with regards to guys staying out of trouble.

God I wish he could put together a team, he's amazing.

Colasante

Damn, I really wanted Da'Rick Rogers. Oh well, TJ Moe probably has a good chance of making the roster since Amendola and Edelman are so injury-prone.

squicken

When asked about Kiko Alonso's past Nix said he didn't have a big issue with it. To paraphrase, "He just drinks too much, some people social drink, he just drank too much. Not like he's beating up women or anything like that."

I'm dying. Too funny he would say that Who is the one?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Is he related to JJ?

No, Kevin has one too many Ds in his last name, also went to UNC. Had a pretty solid career and many speculated he was going to leave early last year. The Mike position doesn't seem to be as in high demand anymore, but I've seen Reddick play, he's a good pick for the Saints.

Setting the bar high this guy. :jnc

squicken

Setting the bar high this guy. :jnc

Something I always hated about the Texans was their perceived reluctance to take on guys who had character issues. But the owner said last year it's just accepted that guys will smoke and drink, and the key is whether they have it under control. Buddy was just too blunt about it

As far as the beat up women, there's only one team okay with that

Giants UFDA signings:

VT S Alonzo Tweedy
LSU TE Chase Clement
Charleston Southern DB Charles James
OSU LB Etienne Sabino

Something I always hated about the Texans was their perceived reluctance to take on guys who had character issues. But the owner said last year it's just accepted that guys will smoke and drink, and the key is whether they have it under control. Buddy was just too blunt about it

As far as the beat up women, there's only one team okay with that
Oh I'm only half joking about it. I thought the comment was amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom