• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's obviously way too early to say anything definitely, but I thought all NFCW teams avoided shitting the bed, which all that you can ever say the days after

-Loved the Cooper pick. The guy I wish STL could have drafted but they were all in on Austin

-As well as Minter. Good pick. Your D seems to be looking good again, but ultimately the question will be how will going from Horton to Bowles work?

-I think Honey Badger was a big mistake. I don't think his game transfers to the NFL, and I'm not sure how many other teams would have drafted him. Seems like they could have waited

-Swope isn't as fast as he timed and his concussions are scary, but he's your typical scrappy WR who can get open for the QB and be where he's supposed to be

-Okafor I usually think Texas players are poop in the NFL, but you guys have good success. UT's D was giving it up all year and I never really noticed him

The potential drop from Horton defense to Bowles defense is in every Card fan's mind. Only time will tell but I'm trying to stay optimistic as he's keeping it 3-4 and just making some tweaks. We have some nice veteran leadership on D to keep things together, hopefully.

I think Honey Badger is too talented to not make plays but he obviously won't be used exactly the same way as he was in college. I think his intuition will be an asset versus the read option we'll be facing 4 times a year. Could see having him blitz at times. We may have to try him in a few spots but I'm hopeful we'll find a role for him. Hopefully FS since we need one after letting Rhodes go but otherwise nickel perhaps. I was really hoping to get Cyprien to replace Rhodes but Minter is a nice consolation prize. Certainly many teams had him off their board due to his drug issues and he could have fallen but I can also seen another team taking a flyer as early as the third on him, fourth latest. Kid is just too talented to not if you think you can keep him under control. He's a year removed from football though so will have to get in shape. Good news is we are not tying our hands and cap with a bad contract. Worst case is we wasted a third round but I think he's worth the risk.

You mad his 40 was as fast as Austins? hehe We'll see how fast he is back in pads after his training but I expect him to be a burner and an asset out of the slot. Concussions don't worry me since he didn't miss any time and he's a tough kid. Considering he was a sixth rounder there is zero risk here, absolute steal if he pans out.

Okafor is Acho round 2 except that he's bigger and more explosive. DE that will have to convert to OLB, from the same school, even was picked at the same exact spot (total draft number, not just round) which is eerie. Anyway, Acho made the exact same transition just two years ago and I expect he'll help Okafor along. Should be even smoother as Acho was drafted the lock out year so didn't get to train before the season.

The last two years he's thrown 35 TD's and 30 picks. Weapons or no weapons, he forces the ball too much leading to an extremely high number of interceptions. Also, if you had watched any Raider games, you would know that the vast majority of his yardage came in garbage time

I was just looking at last year, the closest relevance to this year. That is a valid concern that his TD's came from garbage time but again, Raiders had no weapons which is a completely different situation from what we have to offer. We also have a stellar D so he won't have to put up crazy numbers.

He was 22-14 last season and to be fair, probably half of those picks were caused by bad routes and receivers making the wrong reads and or falling down. And when Willie Smith was in at RT for Barnes when he was injured for what was it? 8 games, he literally had 2 seconds to get rid of the ball and we never had a running game. Credit his quick release for him not getting sacked more.

I don't like him for giving up on the team, but he's not a bad QB.

He's a below average NFL QB at this point. As for the Raiders pass protection and running game sucking (both true), he's in Arizona, which was dead last in the NFL in rushing and gave-up more sacks.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Go Astros!!

tumblr_memf4az60I1r6u9y8.gif

Hey don't forget about the Rocket-

er....nevermind.

effzee

lol why is next year a strong draft? no one knows what will happen by the time next year rolls around. if you like a guy and think he can do good things for you then there is no reason to wait. there were a ton of good players in this years draft and there will be a ton in next years draft.

Yeah even the supposed can't miss players never pan out. What if the guys projected to go as top QBs next year have a bad year? Or get hurt? As a team you can't bank on that chance to draft a top guy the following year and pass up on a guy right now who you think at least has the potential to be a franchise guy.

I look at this way. Reid drafted Foles not to be the next franchise QB but because he was projected to go in that round, was the best player available, and with Vick firmly implanted (at that time) as the starter they needed a back up. Foles went where he should and maybe actually a little early.

But if guys who were projected to be first round talents fall to you in the 2nd or 4th that is amazing value and why pass it up?

He's a below average NFL QB at this point. As for the Raiders pass protection and running game sucking (both true), he's in Arizona, which was dead last in the NFL in rushing and gave-up more sacks.

Running game will be a completely different story this season between Cooper and our collection of RBs. Cooper and Brown will be a massive upgrade over Snyder and Batiste. Potter also got some valuable experience last year and has bulked up this off season, should battle Brown for LT and provide nice depth in the least. Won't be in the situation we were in last year, that's for damn sure! With the weapons Palmer will have, he's going to look pretty decent. Should at least hit .500 after winning 5 games last year and may go a few beyond that, expect to surprise some people.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
By taking Harden you have ended the Thunder's already slim window for winning a title. Seattle thanks you. Can't wait for KD to leave in 2016 or whenever it is.

Kevin Durant will probably go down as one of the greatest players of all time.

I'd hate my team with the passion of a thousand suns too if my hometown team drafted a future all time great and then immediately skipped town.

That said, I'm a Heat hater and I'm all for whoever that can beat them. I don't even care if the Lakers or Celtics have to do it.

bionic77

When I was in really good shape (mostly tone not big at all) I used http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002DUD9XA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Tastes really good with some skim milk and it's pretty healthy. Just be careful with protein shakes that you drink enough water.
I never used supplements. I have a natural distrust of putting supplements or medicines in my body.

When I was in shape I just tried to eat healthy and drink a ton of water. Though I was never a fan of getting huge. I was just wanted to get as strong and fit as possible and lose enough fat so that you could see my abs. I will always take abs over giant jersey shore biceps. I personally think it looks better and a good core just helps so much with everything else.

bionic77

I'd hate my team with the passion of a thousand suns too if my hometown team drafted a future all time great and then immediately skipped town.

That said, I'm a Heat hater and I'm all for whoever that can beat them. I don't even care if the Lakers or Celtics have to do it.
:lol

Time to cry... :(

cdyhybrid

I never used supplements. I have a natural distrust of putting supplements or medicines in my body.

When I was in shape I just tried to eat healthy and drink a ton of water. Though I was never a fan of getting huge. I was just wanted to get as strong and fit as possible and lose enough fat so that you could see my abs. I will always take abs over giant jersey shore biceps. I personally think it looks better and a good core just helps so much with everything else.

But The Situation is known for his abs! You're just slandering the good name of Jersey Shore at this point.

Below average QBs don't put up his kind of numbers in the NFL running a Greg Knapp offense, garbage time theory or not, which is a bit exaggerated, imo. I don't really wanna be defending Palmer tho, so we can just disagree.

Bowser

While I understand the mistrust of some supplements, I never understand why some people are so against protein powders. It's a way to get a good amount of protein without taking in unnecessary fats and carbs. It's really hard to get the recommended amount of protein (generally a gram per pound) through normal food without taking in an excess amount of calories, carbs and fat. A scoop of the ON powder I posted has 24g of protein in only 120 cals (and only 1g fat, 3g carbs). I don't do it often, but tracking your macros for a few days really opens your eyes to the excess calories you take in even while supposedly eating "healthy" foods.

cajunator

Banned
Severe Autism

autistic people can be pretty interesting.

I didn't know what anime was when I was a kid. Granted most anime fans are weirdos but that is just your excuse. The real reason you didn't watch the show was because you lived on a farm that was so far in the boonies that you only got the bible channel.

And Voltron was awesome in the 80s. Getting that toy for my birthday was amazing! They probably can't make toys like that anymore. It was like 2 feet and all steel. You could probably kill another kid with it.

nobody knew what anime was as a child, but they watched it unknowingly.
a lot of cartoons on ABC saturday morning and nickelodeon were actually adapted anime shows by Saban and other sponsors.

effzee

I have to agree with Mike from Mike and Mike. The Jets mishandled Tebow terribly and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Jets mishandle everything. No one move seems to follow the next move. There is no clear direction.

You want to clean house but don't fire Rex. You want a new HC next year but then draft a new QB this year. You want to bail on Sanchez because he didn't obviously produce but you also then don't provide him any weapons. How is Geno going to succeed? He still has no one to hand the ball off to or throw to.

LOL Lebron didn't owe Cleveland shit. He isn't even from Cleveland. Played out his 7 years there but he obviously wanted to leave and didn't think the owner/GM could build a team around him.

Who would you rather play for and with? Riley and Wade or Gilbert and Sideshow Bob?

effzee

Fucking Jason Garrett doesn't even have enough influence to get Shariff Floyd taken over the center they took in the first round and he's the head coach. What is Romo going to do? :jnc

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn
Source says Tony Romo will be have influence in game plans, personnel and play-calling. He will game plan with coaches Mondays and Tuesdays

LMAO man Cowboys are rivaling the Jets in terms of pure idiocy and entertainment.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
LOL Lebron didn't owe Cleveland shit. He isn't even from Cleveland. Played out his 7 years there but he obviously wanted to leave and didn't think the owner/GM could build a team around him.

Who would you rather play for and with? Riley and Wade or Gilbert and Sideshow Bob?

Lebron pretty much went full heel to me for "The Decision". Yeah other people like to be in the camp that forgives him for it but it's hard to want a guy to succeed by going to such a stacked team. I also enjoy a basketball universe where no one ever eclipses MJ in anything.

I say this knowing that Shaq is my personal favorite player of all time and basically did the same by going to the Lakers. Kevin Durant is probably my current most favorite so I'm sure I'll be a huge hypocrite in the long run.

That said, Cleveland as a city was a whole lot better to Lebron than Orlando was to Shaq.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom