• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
xoGjOYF.jpg

bionic77

Didn't Voltron randomly have an extremely violent ending with a bunch of the characters dying, or am I thinking of some other 80s cartoon show?
A couple people did die if I remember correctly. The princesses were also really hot (at least they were when you are 9).

Mostly it was the evil aliens that died at the end of every episode. Usually Volton would bust out the super laserlight sword and cut them in half.

Man the 80s were great.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
A couple people did die if I remember correctly. The princesses were also really hot (at least they were when you are 9).

Mostly it was the evil aliens that died at the end of every episode. Usually Volton would bust out the super laserlight sword and cut them in half.

Man the 80s were great.

A few years back I'm pretty sure they put out a DVD of Voltron uncensored. Involved much more death. There's a trailer up on youtube I'm sure.

Draxal

Man the 80s were great.

Gogogogo stock animation that always made me happy.

eznark

Banned
I didn't know what anime was when I was a kid. Granted most anime fans are weirdos but that is just your excuse. The real reason you didn't watch the show was because you lived on a farm that was so far in the boonies that you only got the bible channel.

And Voltron was awesome in the 80s. Getting that toy for my birthday was amazing! They probably can't make toys like that anymore. It was like 2 feet and all steel. You could probably kill another kid with it.

I grew up in the suburbs man. I didn't move to nowheresville until four years ago.

ProFootballTalk
Jaguars part ways with director of player personnel Terry McDonough and director of pro personnel Louis Clark.

Were those the 2 guys lol
That's been expected. There were reports the Jags were looking to clean house prior to the draft but there was no sense in doing so considering most of the work for this draft had already been done.

LB swap between the Bills and Colts:

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 47s

In LB swap, Colts trade Jerry Hughes to Buffalo for Kelvin Sheppard http://

EDIT: Steelers/Browns update:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 24m

Former Colts and Eagles OT Winston Justice is visiting the Steelers today and is scheduled to go to Cleveland on Wednesday.

EDIT2: Mike Wallace goes all Chris Culliver:

@Wallace17_daKid All these beautiful women in the world and guys wanna mess with other guys SMH.”

He later apologized for offending anyone. The tweets have since been deleted.

Milchjon

So I think I only commented on our first pick and you don't truly know for a few years of course but with what we know now, Cards fucking KILLED the draft. There is one pick I'm not crazy about, feel a better option was available but the rest are such an impressive blend of great need and BPA at the same time.

Cooper will be a massive boon to the weakest part of our team, replacing our most talentless starter. He enhances the run game which ties in to another two picks. Taylor and Ellington assure that we have a solid running game for some years regardless of how Mendy and Williams pan out. Mendy is a great starter if he returns to form and with solid blocking which Cooper will provide and Williams would be explosive if he could stay healthy but now we are no longer hinging on ifs. Between the four, we have a great RB stable. We were 32nd in the league in rushing offense last year...it needed to be addressed with vigor and it has.

Ultimately transforming our second pick into Minter, an extra 4th, and through that an extra 6th is a stroke of genius. Minter is one of 3 guys I most wanted at that point in the draft and to turn 7 picks into 9 in the process? yes please. Minter will replace old man Lennon who finally lost a step and will bolster our run defense, the one weaker aspect of our stellar D. Very solid prospect next to D Wash when he's back and will hopefully make the first four weeks less painful while Washington is suspended.

Honey Badger is your massive boom or bust prospect and if things pan out, could very well be the steal of the draft. We will be playing him at FS so he won't have to cover large powerful WR's and while he's still undersized, I'm confident that adding 10 pounds coupled with his amazing instincts and ball hawking skills will make him a force on our D. He's a play maker, period. The only risk is him keeping straight off the field and not falling into bad habits. I think we are the one team in the league where that's a virtual non-issue. To say Peterson is his mentor is an understatement. Not only did he take him under his wing and train him this off season in AZ leading up to the draft, but Mathieu actually stayed with Peterson's parents while he trained leading up to the combine. Peterson told our FO he is willing to stick his neck out for the kid. They are very close and Peterson is the consummate young professional. I really think he'll keep the kid in line and Badger knows how close he was to not be drafted at all. The kid is starving to prove himself, that he's changed and I have no doubt that he will want to show us we did not make a mistake investing in him. On that note, it's been revealed that his contract will include a drug test every week and we aren't giving him ANY guaranteed money. It's bonus incentive laden. Perfect contract for this kid.

Okafor is a steal in the fourth and should upgrade our pass rush over the oft injured Schofield. He played with Acho in college and I expect Acho will take him under his wing for a quick transition.

Swope was considered a late second to third round talent and we snagged him in the sixth :D This fall was due to four concussions in college but he did not miss a single game from any of them and thus, recovers quickly. I'm not worried about it. This kid is a burner and will be a stud out of the slot, hard to cover. My god the weapons we have, Palmer has no excuses if the OL can at least be decent.

My one complaint is I'd have preferred Barret Jones with our second fourth rather than trading back and getting Watford. I can only think Jones' injury is a bigger concern than we all know (considering he fell to the fourth in the first place) or that he doesn't have the agility we desire. Watford is athletic and will be looked at to replace Colledge by next season I imagine. If you look at the decision to take Cooper over Warmack and then the athleticism that Watford has, it's no secret that we are moving out of Grimm's Hog era to a zone blocking scheme Arians prefers and these mobile athletic guards are the right pieces for it over a power guard like Warmack.

Between the fantastic draft, Palmer over the QB's we had last year, and shedding nearly every bad contract we had during FA, Keim was clearly the right choice for turning this organization back around. He has passed his first test with flying colors and I'm excited for the new era this regime will bring. Alas, the entire NFC West drafted really well and there's no doubt it will be the most dominant division in the NFL sooner than later. Niners and Chickens are already there and the Cards and Rams are now headed in the right direction after a shift in regimes. It'll take another year but we will get there. Large steps were made this off season and I'm very excited to see the improvement on the field!

Fantomex

So I think I only commented on our first pick and you don't truly know for a few years of course but with what we know now, Cards fucking KILLED the draft. There is one pick I'm not crazy about, feel a better option was available but the rest are such an impressive blend of great need and BPA at the same time.

Cooper will be a massive boon to the weakest part of our team, replacing our most talentless starter. He enhances the run game which ties in to another two picks. Taylor and Ellington assure that we have a solid running game for some years regardless of how Mendy and Williams pan out. Mendy is a great starter if he returns to form and with solid blocking which Cooper will provide and Williams would be explosive if he could stay healthy but now we are no longer hinging on ifs. Between the four, we have a great RB stable. We were 32nd in the league in rushing offense last year...it needed to be addressed with vigor and it has.

Ultimately transforming our second pick into Minter, an extra 4th, and through that an extra 6th is a stroke of genius. Minter is one of 3 guys I most wanted at that point in the draft and to turn 7 picks into 9 in the process? yes please. Minter will replace old man Lennon who finally lost a step and will bolster our run defense, the one weaker aspect of our stellar D. Very solid prospect next to D Wash when he's back and will hopefully make the first four weeks less painful while Washington is suspended.

Honey Badger is your massive boom or bust prospect and if things pan out, could very well be the steal of the draft. We will be playing him at FS so he won't have to cover large powerful WR's and while he's still undersized, I'm confident that adding 10 pounds coupled with his amazing instincts and ball hawking skills will make him a force on our D. He's a play maker, period. The only risk is him keeping straight off the field and not falling into bad habits. I think we are the one team in the league where that's a virtual non-issue. To say Peterson is his mentor is an understatement. Not only did he take him under his wing and train him this off season in AZ leading up to the draft, but Mathieu actually stayed with Peterson's parents while he trained leading up to the combine. Peterson told our FO he is willing to stick his neck out for the kid. They are very close and Peterson is the consummate young professional. I really think he'll keep the kid in line and Badger knows how close he was to not be drafted at all. The kid is starving to prove himself, that he's changed and I have no doubt that he will want to show us we did not make a mistake investing in him. On that note, it's been revealed that his contract will include a drug test every week and we aren't giving him ANY guaranteed money. It's bonus incentive laden. Perfect contract for this kid.

Okafor is a steal in the fourth and should upgrade our pass rush over the oft injured Schofield. He played with Acho in college and I expect Acho will take him under his wing for a quick transition.

Swope was considered a late second to third round talent and we snagged him in the sixth :D This fall was due to four concussions in college but he did not miss a single game from any of them and thus, recovers quickly. I'm not worried about it. This kid is a burner and will be a stud out of the slot, hard to cover. My god the weapons we have, Palmer has no excuses if the OL can at least be decent.

My one complaint is I'd have preferred Barret Jones with our second fourth rather than trading back and getting Watford. I can only think Jones' injury is a bigger concern than we all know (considering he fell to the fourth in the first place) or that he doesn't have the agility we desire. Watford is athletic and will be looked at to replace Colledge by next season I imagine. If you look at the decision to take Cooper over Warmack and then the athleticism that Watford has, it's no secret that we are moving out of Grimm's Hog era to a zone blocking scheme Arians prefers and these mobile athletic guards are the right pieces for it over a power guard like Warmack.

Between the fantastic draft, Palmer over the QB's we had last year, and shedding nearly every bad contract we had during FA, Keim was clearly the right choice for turning this organization back around. He has passed his first test with flying colors and I'm excited for the new era this regime will bring. Alas, the entire NFC West drafted really well and there's no doubt it will be the most dominant division in the NFL sooner than later. Niners and Chickens are already there and the Cards and Rams are now headed in the right direction after a shift in regimes. It'll take another year but we will get there. Large steps were made this off season and I'm very excited to see the improvement on the field!

palmer-int-10-14-12.gif

In non TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW talk and more Broncos talk...

It was interesting to hear Matt Lepsis (And it's really weird to hear retired Broncos OL talk because they were so quiet when they were playing) say that he thought it wasn't as bad going against John Abraham because if you got into him a little, he could get disinterested and not play as hard. Is this a common criticism of John Abraham? If so, I'm glad we avoided him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom