• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
I think its funny there a decent amount of people that are willing to forgive Lebron if he comes back when his Heat contract his up. What all the vitriol for if you just going to forgive and forget as soon as he comes back

This is for you Fantomex since I know you want to know all you can about the Giants!

Francessa had Coughlin on today to discuss the draft. Some interesting comments on the read option when discussing Hankins (pretty much lines up my view that the read option isn't what killed us against the Redskins. The offensive line and run game did). He specifically mentions the dive play.

Coughlin on WFAN

effzee

Lebron pretty much went full heel to me for "The Decision". Yeah other people like to be in the camp that forgives him for it but it's hard to want a guy to succeed by going to such a stacked team. I also enjoy a basketball universe where no one ever eclipses MJ in anything.

I say this knowing that Shaq is my personal favorite player of all time and basically did the same by going to the Lakers. Kevin Durant is probably my current most favorite so I'm sure I'll be a huge hypocrite in the long run.

That said, Cleveland as a city was a whole lot better to Lebron than Orlando was to Shaq.

The city of Cleveland didn't do anything wrong to Lebron. But he was drafted by them and he never had a choice on where to go. Agreed completely that the way he went about it was a dick move but the actual move is neither new or shocking. I know the NBA is much more a individual player game than a team game but you still need 2-3 superstars to win. Very few teams win without that formula. And his play has only gotten better, they all took less money, and they all play very unselfish the way fans would scream for yet not complain about.

Sixers stink and will stink for a long time. Based on just rooting for a superstar in the playoffs, I'll be rooting for the Heat so Lebron can keep sticking it to everyone who lost their shit when he went to Miami and particularly Knicks fans.

Romo wanted a center with the first pick. The Cowboys drafted a center. Shariff be damned. Garret be damned. Logic be damned.

The funny thing is they could have had both of them!

Looks like we signed a pretty legit UDFA from the Sooners, Tony Jefferson. Not sure why he didn't get drafted, everything I read sounds like he's pretty good and was expected to go in the first half of the draft. Haven't heard of any character issues but one of our beat writers watches a lot of Sooner games and says he'd a good player. Hope it's true because it's nice backup insurance for FS in case we play Honey Badger somewhere else. Anyone here watch many Sooner games?

s7evn

As much as I hate the steelers I hope Reggie Dunn can make their roster. He's a pretty good returner, so maybe there's a chance.

bionic77

While I understand the mistrust of some supplements, I never understand why some people are so against protein powders. It's a way to get a good amount of protein without taking in unnecessary fats and carbs. It's really hard to get the recommended amount of protein (generally a gram per pound) through normal food without taking in an excess amount of calories, carbs and fat. A scoop of the ON powder I posted has 24g of protein in only 120 cals (and only 1g fat, 3g carbs). I don't do it often, but tracking your macros for a few days really opens your eyes to the excess calories you take in even while supposedly eating "healthy" foods.
It's the companies I don't trust.

I always prefer to do things the old fashioned way when if comes to health. But I don't begrudge people that want to use vitamins, protein powders, etc. it's their bodies and its possible they might be right about their benefits.

Thats great too.

The 3DS is like the best system out now.
Another thing you have come to accept that I was one of the first to say. Maybe one day you will see I was right about the Pats too!

Fox318

This is for you Fantomex since I know you want to know all you can about the Giants!

Francessa had Coughlin on today to discuss the draft. Some interesting comments on the read option when discussing Hankins (pretty much lines up my view that the read option isn't what killed us against the Redskins. The offensive line and run game did). He specifically mentions the dive play.

Coughlin on WFAN
Did fatty call the jets draft the worst ever

Looks like we signed a pretty legit UDFA from the Sooners, Tony Jefferson. Not sure why he didn't get drafted, everything I read sounds like he's pretty good and was expected to go in the first half of the draft. Haven't heard of any character issues but one of our beat writers watches a lot of Sooner games and says he'd a good player. Hope it's true because it's nice backup insurance for FS in case we play Honey Badger somewhere else. Anyone here watch many Sooner games?

I think he's too slow for FS, might be an okay backup at SS. Knock on him was his speed, and didn't perform well at the combine in any of the drills, bad coverage and backpedal.

Snyder is being designated a June 1st cut, praise Tebow! His departing comment on twitter sounded salty, guess some fans must of related their elation to his garbage ass getting cut. 4 mil of dead money we'll have to eat but since it's a June 1st cut, can spread over two years. Can't believe the contract Graves gave this scrub, ugh.

I think he's too slow for FS, might be an okay backup at SS. Knock on him was his speed, and didn't perform well at the combine in any of the drills, bad coverage and backpedal.

Ah. Well, we need S depth in general. Johnson was taking more and more of A-dubs time last year so I feel better than expected with Wilson gone but it's a blow to lose Rhodes who was a nice player, just too expensive. I'm not the only fan hoping he'd come back for less since nobody is signing him. You played well Rhodes but show some damn humility.

squicken

He's too slow to play FS, but not big enough to play SS. He had the talent to get drafted, but he got killed by the Sooner coaches for not being dedicated to staying in shape and keeping up his academics. If he lost some weight and got in shape he could be a solid FS, but obviously teams had a pretty poor opinion of him

It's the companies I don't trust.

I always prefer to do things the old fashioned way when if comes to health. But I don't begrudge people that want to use vitamins, protein powders, etc. it's their bodies and its possible they might be right about their benefits.

Another thing you have come to accept that I was one of the first to say. Maybe one day you will see I was right about the Pats too!

You will never be right about the Pats.

squicken

Wow Steelers coaches saying Spence will never play again. Poor guy. What an awful injury. Bad luck last year with the draft picks and injuries for PITT

Snyder is being designated a June 1st cut, praise Tebow! His departing comment on twitter sounded salty, guess some fans must of related their elation to his garbage ass getting cut. 4 mil of dead money we'll have to eat but since it's a June 1st cut, can spread over two years. Can't believe the contract Graves gave this scrub, ugh.

Ah. Well, we need S depth in general. Johnson was taking more and more of A-dubs time last year so I feel better than expected with Wilson gone but it's a blow to lose Rhodes who was a nice player, just too expensive. I'm not the only fan hoping he'd come back for less since nobody is signing him. You played well Rhodes but show some damn humility.

i was just laughing and laughing when you signed adam snyder to that contract. he only looked decent for us when compared to chilo rachal. it was truly a gift from the football gods to have adam synder and chilo rachal both start against us last year. sadly i don't think we will ever see that magic again :(

Godslay

Banned
He's too slow to play FS, but not big enough to play SS. He had the talent to get drafted, but he got killed by the Sooner coaches for not being dedicated to staying in shape and keeping up his academics. If he lost some weight and got in shape he could be a solid FS, but obviously teams had a pretty poor opinion of him

Put on 20 lbs and he's Bob Sanders.

Edit: lol, I thought you were talking about Honey Badger.

i was just laughing and laughing when you signed adam snyder to that contract. he only looked decent for us when compared to chilo rachal. it was truly a gift from the football gods to have adam synder and chilo rachal both start against us last year. sadly i don't think we will ever see that magic again :(

I was crying and crying. I stated back when we signed him that he was trash and was angry when I saw the numbers which confirmed he wouldn't be a backup. Thank god he's gone and Cooper will be a stud :D Who did chilo play for last year? I saw when I returned from Japan that we signed him and was like wtf? He's even worse! Wasn't worried though because I was extremely confident we would take a guard with our first pick, just thought it'd be Warmack until a few days before the draft. Rolled my eyes at the GAF selections but I wasn't around so couldn't complain. I don't expect chilo to be around long after we unexpectedly drafted a second guard and still have Kelemete from last year. Quite possible Kele goes PS and chilo hangs on the bench for this year but I'd be surprised if he is kept next when Watford is ready to make a more serious push.

Put on 20 lbs and he's Bob Sanders.

Edit: lol, I thought you were talking about Honey Badger.

Nope, just undrafted rookie talk. I feel good about Honey Badger. Lott will put 10-15 pounds on him and he'll be ready to go.

I was crying and crying. I stated back when we signed him that he was trash and was angry when I saw the numbers which confirmed he wouldn't be a backup. Thank god he's gone and Cooper will be a stud :D Who did chilo play for last year? I saw when I returned from Japan that we signed him and was like wtf? He's even worse! Wasn't worried though because I was extremely confident we would take a guard with our first pick, just thought it'd be Warmack until a few days before the draft. Rolled my eyes at the GAF selections but I wasn't around so couldn't complain. I don't expect chilo to be around long after we unexpectedly drafted a second guard and still have Kelemete from last year. Quite possible Kele goes PS and chilo hangs on the bench for this year but I'd be surprised if he is kept next when Watford is ready to make a more serious push.

Nope, just undrafted rookie talk. I feel good about Honey Badger. Lott will put 10-15 pounds on him and he'll be ready to go.

chilo started for the bears against us on MNF. he might have started other games i don't know. but what i do know is that his (and really their entire line) performance was a debacle and afterwards he was benched, then quit the team, then asked to come back on the team. i honestly would take any random UDFA Guard from this years draft over chilo rachal

WedgeX

Banned
mlive said:
Detroit Lions general manager Martin Mayhew took part in a rare radio interview Monday morning with the the team's official radio partner, 97.1-FM The Ticket. Among the topics discussed was the recent release of Tim Tebow and the Lions' potential interest in the polarizing quarterback.

Mayhew all but ruled out the Lions bringing in the former Heisman Trophy winner.

"I feel good about our quarterbacks right now," Mayhew said. "We've got four on our roster and we typically go with four. But I'm the kind of guy who never says never.

Don't you fucking do it, Mayhew. Don't you dare.

chilo started for the bears against us on MNF. he might have started other games i don't know. but what i do know is that his (and really their entire line) performance was a debacle and afterwards he was benched, then quit the team, then asked to come back on the team. i honestly would take any random UDFA Guard from this years draft over chilo rachal

No wonder the Bears OL blew so bad. Your trash of darker years tainted two franchises. Thankfully I don't see him playing for us. Bench fodder.

No wonder the Bears OL blew so bad. Your trash of darker years tainted two franchises. Thankfully I don't see him playing for us. Bench fodder.

i wouldn't wish chilo rachal on my worst enemy. you might say "well wouldn't you want to play against him? easy sacks!" and that is true but there is no pride to be had in obliterating someone so awful.

and to think there have been games in our history where both snyder AND rachal started in the same game. i have no idea how our offense functioned at all with these two fucking losers combining for 16 starts in 2011.

i wouldn't wish chilo rachal on my worst enemy. you might say "well wouldn't you want to play against him? easy sacks!" and that is true but there is no pride to be had in obliterating someone so awful.

and to think there have been games in our history where both snyder AND rachal started in the same game. i have no idea how our offense functioned at all with these two fucking losers combining for 16 starts in 2011.

That's because you've chosen to forget those years and pretend you've been perennial contenders the past 10. I miss garbage Niners ...and SB Cards :( Actually after a season or two when we become a really solid team, it will be awesome to see such a talent loaded division and any team that comes out of the NFC West will be a true contender because of the brutal matches they had to overcome to get into the playoffs. Although it kills me to say you are already loaded enough to make a push. At least I'll always have my no rings with small hands statement. He never proved me wrong :D Pey Pey ran to the powder puff division for effortless playoff entries instead of rising to the challenge.

Honestly as far as AFC goes, I like the Broncos more than most teams there and root for them and Peyton. Except when I'm playing against him in fantasy ;)

1367274834182_zps2f50b797.gif

Doh, guess the Badger contract details weren't true, Peter King is a lying bastard. Agent says they haven't had talks yet but wouldn't be open to a no guaranteed money contract. Whatever, I trust we'll still have the upper hand when all is said and done.

Speaking of contracts, going to want to extend P2 this year. Wonder what kind of money we'll give him and how much they'll base it off of Revis' numbers. You aren't there yet buddy! Soon, but not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom