• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChanHuk

Banned
I had the same problem, then I bought another copy on Amazon for $17. Will gladly do it again, absolute favorite game of this gen.

Fuck I even bought the artbook, thats how much I love that fuckin game.

My aunt is mad at me, I fed her daughter hot cheetos and her son chocolate glazed donuts for breakfast. I'm the best cousin ever, wait until they can drink booze.

bionic77

Yeah if you can't play without it being connected it will be real bad. I think you're underestimating the used game thing though. You're right about the PC market, but I think the Console gaming audience is much more reliant on gamestop, eBay, and redbox, and I don't see Publishers slashing prices. If they do, the difference definitely won't be to the same degree as the difference between a new and used game now. We will lose money either way. It is an aboslute deal breaker on my end.
I can't believe they are getting rid of used games.

I hate used games myself but I also like physical copies. Would be crazy if MS pulls it off. It would kill the retail gaming market. All the money is in used games.

Prior owner could have been a filthy Pats bandwagon fan

If a Pats fan owned it I know its in good shape.God knows what a Texans fan does with their stuff.

For one that sticky shitty ugly sticker they put on the box. They are usually not much cheaper either.

I bought them when I was a kid and had no job (in other words a dirty poor) but I always try to buy new now if possible.

I buy used games all the time, a lot from pawn shops and flea markets.Sometimes you find amazing deals.

Of course not.
That's what my cousin believes. Dudebro.

See things like jaggies are when I learned I don't give a shit about GAF's opinion when it comes to graphics. Most of the time they over exaggerate any graphics issues.

I don't even see these apparently jaggies I'm supposed to be punched in the face with on the XL.
I always found the crappy playstation 1 graphics endearing. I still do to this day.

Graphics ultimately don't mean shit to me anymore. Last time I was impressed with graphics technology was Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast. After that it's all been gravy.
Over 70 million sold, and I believe Monster Hunter for the PSP was the highest selling handheld game this gen in Japan.

Only if you add up all the versions. Pokemon (Diamond, I think?) Is the single highest selling handheld game in Japan. Monster Hunter sold the most on PSP to this date though, unquestionably.

bionic77

Still a long time to go for Vita. People were calling the PSP a failure for years and it wound up do great.
Didn't you get the memo?

Sales stopped mattering once Nintendo sold the most.

Now only US and UK sales in the last 3 years matter.

On another note, sales arguments are so lame. The DC was a huge failure but it was still a lot of fun for the 10 seconds it was alive.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
It's funny reading all the "fuck you Microsoft!" for the always online stuff.

The second they show a game all of that defiance will melt.

The always online thing kind of bothers me, but no used games is where I draw the line. I will never support that. The 360 is maybe my favorite gaming console of all time, so I really hope MS proves me and everyone else wrong.

Draxal

It's funny reading all the "fuck you Microsoft!" for the always online stuff.

The second they show a game all of that defiance will melt.

They really will have to shock and awe me.

I was kinda burned by the D3/Sim City fiasco, and the alternative in this case looks pretty amazing (PS4) ... and that's if I were to get a console, I'd rather build a new rig myself.

Bravely Default better be coming over to America, supposedly the best 3ds rpg, if that silconera report was wrong /wrist.

bionic77

The always online thing kind of bothers me, but no used games is where I draw the line. I will never support that. The 360 is maybe my favorite gaming console of all time, so I really hope MS proves me and everyone else wrong.
I still don't believe it.

But who knows. After 599 anything seems possible.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Yeah if you can't play without it being connected it will be real bad. I think you're underestimating the used game thing though. You're right about the PC market, but I think the Console gaming audience is much more reliant on gamestop, eBay, and redbox, and I don't see Publishers slashing prices. If they do, the difference definitely won't be to the same degree as the difference between a new and used game now. We will lose money either way. It is an aboslute deal breaker on my end.

Maybe I am underestimating the used game market. But I doubt it. I know it's huge, but I find the Gamestop model to be a massive rip. Never having to call all of the gamestops in town to find a rare game that I can just buy digitally for half the price is a big advantage to pc gaming. It's highly dependent on the publishers buying in AND cutting the prices at the appropriate times. Most of them are pretty good about it on pc, some not so much. If the console makers are smart, they'll rip the good ideas from the pc stores: cheaper, dd, sales. It's MS, though. They've shown the ability to ape other companies and fail miserably at it. GFWL says hello.

bionic77

I dont know if its just me getting older but the thought of spending hundreds to play games doesnt excite me anymore.
It's the games not the money. Your age also factors in. Now you would rather eat the neighbors dog or go swimming for some slutty reptilian rather than play madden 2014,

jakncoke

Banned
Evil Dead was so good.
I thought they were going to end it lame with the brother bring her back, then they kill him and bring up the demon for her to fight so good

They really will have to shock and awe me.

I was kinda burned by the D3/Sim City fiasco, and the alternative in this case looks pretty amazing (PS4) ... and that's if I were to get a console, I'd rather build a new rig myself.

Bravely Default better be coming over to America, supposedly the best 3ds rpg, if that silconera report was wrong /wrist.
Bravely Default looks so good, I really hope it comes here as well. The 3DS is just a monster of a system. I knew it was only a matter of time.

Godslay

Banned
Maybe I'm part of the problem, but I don't give a shit about always online. I'll still buy the console if it has great games. I think in my house I've maybe lost Internet over a hour maybe once in the last 3 or so years. The power has never gone off in that time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom