• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Barkley seems to have the Gruden seal of approval. It's funny beacause at one point I was fine with having either Barkley or RG3 in that draft, before he decided to go back to school.

I think he's has the football knowledge to play in the league, easy. It's kind of the opposite of how I feel about Geno. If you could take Smith's athleticism and attitude then combine it with Barkley's understanding of the game, you'd get Andrew Luck.

Spinluck

Flacco to play Johnny U in a movie:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/06/flacco-will-play-unitas-in-portion-of-new-movie/

Larry's reaction:

JKGnqyG.gif

wut, why?

cdyhybrid

Flacco is the second coming of Johnny U on the field, he'd be perfect for the movie role.

Also Stafford is wider than he is tall, I can't imagine him actually needing someone to block for him.

i didn't find anything special about the gameplay itself. not horrible but just whatever. i will give it props for the "feel" of the guns and hits on the opponents. felt really good but from a pure gameplay stance it was whatever. the reason i loved the game is the story and the world of columbia. bioshock 1 was nothing special with gameplay either but i loved that game too

Eugh. I don't care how good a story is, if the gameplay sucks I can't play it. Couldn't stand Bioshock 1. Overrated garbage.

Eugh. I don't care how good a story is, if the gameplay sucks I can't play it. Couldn't stand Bioshock 1. Overrated garbage.

the gameplay doesn't suck though, it's just nothing out of this world. it's a first person shooter. it does some interesting things with the vigors mixed with the "clothing" (which gives you RPG-like attribute boosts). i just can't say HOLY SHIT INCREDIBLE! like i did with metal gear rising (the story in that game being batshit insane.... and entertaining!)

The best part of the game is the skylines and there aren't nearly enough of them.

Also they talked about combining the vigors but it's never really a point of emphasis and still pretty shaky to call them combinations.

I would've liked the guns to shoot the vigors and the bumpers to control what combos come out of your gun. Either that or use the skyhook more throughout the game.

The best part of the game is the skylines and there aren't nearly enough of them.

Also they talked about combining the vigors but it's never really a point of emphasis and still pretty shaky to call them combinations.

I would've liked the guns to shoot the vigors and the bumpers to control what combos come out of your gun. Either that or use the skyhook more throughout the game.

you can tell that the game needed more time and 2k basically told irrational to have something done early this year OR ELSE!

i remember reading the stories a year or so ago where there was a real fear that the game would never see the light of day because of all the development problems. i'm honestly surprised that it turned out as good as it did because usually when you hear stuff like the stuff being written about bioschoks development it doesn't turn out good in the end

you can tell that the game needed more time and 2k basically told irrational to have something done early this year OR ELSE!
I don't think it'll do anything to their sales but I'm surprised GTA V is hitting in September.

So damn late in the gen.

Except in that case, they're probably using their time wisely.
So much shit was added into GTA IV at the 11th hour, it's too bad that so much was seemingly removed from Infinite at theirs.

squicken

The two best arms in the NFL are Flacco and Stafford. Now that's Stafford throwing with the right mechanics, and not slinging everything back footed

Oh Christ - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=536040

I really hate the term dudebro. So pretentious and exclusionary.

WTF is a chimpboy? I have never heard that term before. Anyway that op is one of the worst things I have ever read. MS tried to buy Nintendo when they first entered gaming, and I dont believe anyone at MS has ever come out and slandered Nintendo. I do agree with you that calling people/games dudebro is the worst thing to happen to gaming.

bionic77

Gronkowski unlikely to be ready for start of season. Fucking amazing. Worst work ethic in the NFL?
Easy to call him lazy but lets see you get in shape and work out when you are infected with several hundred STDs including the 10 worst kinds of AIDS.

Ehh to be fair that seems to be just a opinion article, and it's from espn Cleveland so I'll assume it's from Grossi.

I doubt Grossi would want to sign a saftey on the other side of 30 for a team that's is not one piece away.

I'd be fine with him as a stop gap for this year, although I'd rather we draft a younger talented guy.

WTF is a chimpboy? I have never heard that term before. Anyway that op is one of the worst things I have ever read. MS tried to buy Nintendo when they first entered gaming, and I dont believe anyone at MS has ever come out and slandered Nintendo. I do agree with you that calling people/games dudebro is the worst thing to happen to gaming.

You may not like it, but Dudebro is definitely a thing. If my cousin can look at me with a straight face and say "you got out of gaming just when it got good" (meaning the XBOX and COD/Gears) when he's been gaming since the NES that definitely says something.

Slo

Can't tell if this is a joke.

I'm not joking. I remember or the longest time gamers were always moaning that their hobby and 'nerd culture' was not respected by the mainstream, and instead now they're trying to push the frat guys and soccer moms back out. It's douchey and exclusionary.

Whenever I see somebody disqualify a game or a person as dudebro-y I get a mental picture of nerds sitting in overstuffed leather chairs, wearing monocles and top hots, swirling glasses of scotch and discussing who would win a fight between Batman and Spiderman.

jakncoke

Banned
I'm not joking. I remember or the longest time gamers were always moaning that their hobby and 'nerd culture' was not respected by the mainstream, and instead now they're trying to push the frat guys and soccer moms back out. It's douchey and exclusionary.

Whenever I see somebody disqualify a game or a person as dudebro-y I get a mental picture of nerds sitting in overstuffed leather chairs, wearing monocles and top hots, swirling glasses of scotch and discussing who would win a fight between Batman and Spiderman.

More like.. Fedora, game/music related shirt sitting in a chair from wal mart surrounded by mtn dew and dirty clothes while looking for something to be mad about on the internet

Batman would win are u kidding me right now bro

You may not like it, but Dudebro is definitely a thing. If my cousin can look at me with a straight face and say "you got out of gaming just when it got good" (meaning the XBOX and COD/Gears) when he's been gaming since the NES that definitely says something.

I have been gaming since the Atari days and I think this is the best time ever for gaming.

Talon

I was talking about that thread.

eznark

Banned
Microsoft identified an under served market segment that had a fair bit of disposable income but more importantly a ton of disposable time and they spent money crafting a message for those folks.

That's not some evil conspiracy theory, that's an intelligent market entry strategy. Is there a more business-retarded demographic than gamers?

Draxal

Asian Markets identified an under served market segment that had a fair bit of disposable income but more importantly a ton of disposable time and they spent money crafting a message for those folks.

That's not some evil conspiracy theory, that's an intelligent market entry strategy. Is there a more business-retarded demographic than gamers?

Fixed that for you, anyway I think the PS4 is looking pretty good right now in comparison, and I'll be frank I still much rather game on pc (most vid cards have an hdmi out now these days) or portables (more genres I enjoy there).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom