• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slo

The always online thing kind of bothers me, but no used games is where I draw the line. I will never support that. The 360 is maybe my favorite gaming console of all time, so I really hope MS proves me and everyone else wrong.

I've gotten used to Steam, and if they keep me in digital downloads and red light sales I won't miss used games at all.

Maybe I'm part of the problem, but I don't give a shit about always online. I'll still buy the console if it has great games. I think in my house I've maybe lost Internet over a hour maybe once in the last 3 or so years. The power has never gone off in that time period.

What if the servers overload?What if the studio goes out of business?

squicken

The Simpsons ruined both Godfather 2 and The Graduate. I can't watch Fanucci walk down the street w/o thinking about doughnuts and dental plans

The Simpsons ruined both Godfather 2 and The Graduate. I can't watch Fanucci walk down the street w/o thinking about doughnuts and dental plans

The Hardees commercial that is supposed to be a parody of The Graduate is fucking awful. I liked Archer's though. Anyone see the Sealab 2021 stuff in last week's Archer? Brilliant

Wes

venison crêpe
Draft week needs to hurry up.

Need a schedule release or something. Free agency has dried up and there's nothing to talk about.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Draft week needs to hurry up.

Need a schedule release or something. Free agency has dried up and there's nothing to talk about.

A week from tuesday the schedule is released. What are the odds the Steelers host the Ravens to open the season?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
As Wes points out, we're at that post free agency-pre draft depression most football fans feel. Here is a picture of Matthew Stafford from April 1st at a Blue Cross Hospital, to help lift the spirits of all football fans waiting for the draft.

564601_566419663392613_1624411047_n.jpg

Unlike Aaron Rodgers, Stafford actually takes time to visit those less fortunate than us.

EDIT: Notice how toned and in shape his shoulders are.

As Wes points out, we're at that post free agency-pre draft depression most football fans feel. Here is a picture of Matthew Stafford from April 1st at a Blue Cross Hospital, to help lift the spirits of all football fans waiting for the draft.

Unlike Aaron Rodgers, Stafford actually takes time to visit those less fortunate than us.

What a dick. Hasn't he taken enough from the people of Detroit without having to take away sports equipment from minority children? Someone tell him footballs aren't made of pigskin anymore and he can't eat it

MechDX

EDIT: Notice how toned and in shape his shoulders are.

Notice the slight head turn to the left. What could take Staffords attention away from the child? What is over there you ask?

baskin+robbins.jpg

What a dick. Hasn't he taken enough from the people of Detroit without having to take away sports equipment from minority children? Someone tell him footballs aren't made of pigskin anymore and he can't eat it

... What? This feels a little uncalled for. Why so much Stafford hostility homie?

Godslay

Banned
What if the servers overload?What if the studio goes out of business?

As far as login servers, it wasnt a big deal for me on Diablo 3. Wait till it gets sorted out and play later. I guess I'm patient when it comes to that. As far as persistent online worlds, if the server shuts down then it would be like any other game of that nature to do so. As far as multiplayer, I dont hear anyone complaining that they can't play Halo 2 online anymore.

If singleplayer just requires a login to authenticate I'm fine with that. I'm connected 99.9% so it wouldn't bother me. In the case of it being down that 0.1%, I'm sure I can find something else to do. I trust MS to be able to do a good job implementing the infrastructure to pull it off. I would have less faith in Sony or Ninty to be able to pull it off.

Its basically like saying what if gmail goes down?

... What? This feels a little uncalled for. Why so much Stafford hostility homie?

Because Kastrioti's defenses of him are always taken to such ridiculous extremes that it makes me laugh. I can smell the desperation over the internet and it gives me hope that one day I will be able to defend Bradford with such thorough, zealous delusion.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
235531447_640.jpg

Helping teach the children some of his offseason workout regiment.

275353221001_1699248808001_vs-4fe23c918782b0e4b8bb353c-1592194035001.jpg

Here is Staff in deep thought contemplating the possibilities of having a RB like Reggie Bush used on screens and draws to help take pressure off of him so he doesn't have to throw for 10,000 yards in 32 games.

http://www.mlive.com/health/index.ssf/2012/06/calling_all_men_why_detroit_li.html

GRAND RAPIDS, MI — Listen up, men of the Detroit Lions faithful: Quarterback Matthew Stafford wants you to forego that heaping plate of molten cheese-and-beef covered nachos and that tankard of beer next time you eat out.

Before you protest, know he also wants you to think about exercising. A 30-minute daily walk would be great to start.

And, per Stafford’s request, try recalling the last time you made a doctor’s appointment. Can’t remember? You are long overdue.

In a push coinciding with June being Men’s Health Month, Stafford paid a visit to Grand Rapids on Wednesday to spread a message of increased health awareness among Michigan’s adult male population.

Godslay

Banned
235531447_640.jpg

Here is Staff in deep thought contemplating the possibilities of having a RB like Reggie Bush used on screens and draws to help take pressure off of him so he doesn't have to throw for 10,000 yards in 32 games.

Goddamn he's ballooning.

JABEE

235531447_640.jpg

I think he just looks hungry, man.

MechDX

Because Kastrioti's defenses of him are always taken to such ridiculous extremes that it makes me laugh. I can smell the desperation over the internet and it gives me hope that one day I will be able to defend Bradford with such thorough, zealous delusion.

We all have BLarry Syndrome. We hope that if we hate our Qb long and hard enough they will morph into an elite QB and lead our team to the promised land.

Praise be to Flacco!

As far as login servers, it wasnt a big deal for me on Diablo 3. Wait till it gets sorted out and play later. I guess I'm patient when it comes to that. As far as persistent online worlds, if the server shuts down then it would be like any other game of that nature to do so. As far as multiplayer, I dont hear anyone complaining that they can't play Halo 2 online anymore.

If singleplayer just requires a login to authenticate I'm fine with that. I'm connected 99.9% so it wouldn't bother me. In the case of it being down that 0.1%, I'm sure I can find something else to do. I trust MS to be able to do a good job implementing the infrastructure to pull it off. I would have less faith in Sony or Ninty to be able to pull it off.

Its basically like saying what if gmail goes down?

I just dont like the idea of having to be online to play a that doesnt need to be online.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Bradford has a shit arm, mediocre accuracy and hasn't done shit thus far in his NFL career. My brother is a Rams fan so I've been trying to convince him the same, and he's starting to realize it.

Staffords statistics and film the last two years speak for themselves.

I know I've posted this video a million times but it highlights why Stafford is in the upper echelon of QBs in the world (Top 5 in the NFL):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTWvY-ujuVw

Bradford will never in his life make a throw like that. At best he can hope to be a Joe Flacco/Trent Dilfer type QB who rides on the success of his defense, coaching and running game. Stafford is the type of QB who will go out and win you games.

Dragon

Banned

I hope for all our sakes Kastrioti realizes that he's just a caricature of a dumb Lions fan at this point and is doing it on purpose.

Bradford will never in his life make a throw like that. At best he can hope to be a Joe Flacco/Trent Dilfer type QB who rides on the success of his defense, coaching and running game. Stafford is the type of QB who will go out and win you games.

Good enough to win a Super Bowl is good enough for me. Stafford wishes he had had the year Bradford did last year.

Milchjon

"The Departed" is nowhere near as good as Goodfellas.

I'd like to nominate you for best member of GAF's NFL Thread on this post alone, but you are a Patriots fan. It would never work.

Sorry, I finished Goodfellas, and it bored me pretty much from beginning to end.

I think I love OUATIA for the same reasons I love all the other Leone films, not because of the setting. The only place where the Mafia milieu has been able to get me hooked was Wikipedia...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom