• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Packers fans, what does McGinn mean by this?
I think he's saying that McCarthy has characteristically avoided bigger TEs in favor of pass-catching TEs and FBs to block but the team is reshaping the offense a bit with the departure of Jennings and Mulligan fits within that adaptation.

I have no problem with the dink and dunk Packers.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
MLB The Show 13 is a lot of fun but Im getting really frustrated with my rtts player.

Its my second year and it seems like every time I hit the ball it goes right to the first baseman or is a pop fly for an immediate out. My average is dropping like a rock.

Is there an option for topical applications of deer antler? Dedicate yourself to the velvet and you'll be getting the ball to the outfield in no time.

squicken

Some harsh realities on the recent QB Shuffle

The Kolb Delusion is the belief that replacing one journeyman quarterback with another will really make a lick of difference for a bad team.

Over the past few weeks, the Raiders acquired Matt Flynn from the Seahawks to replace Carson Palmer, who was traded to the Cardinals to replace Kevin Kolb, who was signed by the Bills to replace Ryan Fitzpatrick, who was signed by the Titans. In a more poetic universe, Matt Hasselbeck would move from Tennessee back to Seattle to complete this sad little Krebs cycle, but the Seahawks don't really swim in this shallow pool anymore. They were just dropping off some leftovers at the consignment shop.

In a smaller eddy of this disappointment vortex, the Browns signed Jason Campbell to continue their tradition of depressing quarterback controversies, the Bills signed Tarvaris Jackson then forgot about him, and the Cardinals warmed up for the Palmer deal by signing Drew Stanton, a guy who can never even pick out a locker and take a snap before his new team grabs another quarterback and shoos him down the depth chart.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/44196622

Crazy factoid: Rob Johsnon had a 15% sack rate! That's nuts

bionic77

How much longer do you have that terrible avatar bionic? And what did you do to deserve it for so long?
Rest of offseason.

Lost bet with a Pats fan. What were the terms? We made a bet about who could throw a football further between Giselle and Tammy. I foolishly thought that because he/she was a pro qb it would be Tam. But I choose poorly and I knew I was fucked when Giselle wobbled one past 30 yards. Then I fucked up even more when they conned me with a double or nothing on who could piss further between the two. The lesson for you kids is that betting is a horrible thing invented by some Pats fan a few decades away. Don't gamble or else you will end up like me....

Wes

venison crêpe
Dion Jordan has 3.8% body fat?

I don't trust a guy who obviously doesn't eat the occasional croissant.

Some harsh realities on the recent QB Shuffle
This more than anything is why I really hope Tannehill ends up being a legitimate franchise QB. I'm so sick of the QB shuffle that the Dolphins have gone through ever since Marino left, it just makes every season feel so much less exciting when you know the guy behind center is just a stop-gap solution.

For the teams that are stuck in that situation --- I feel your pain. Hopefully I'm done feeling it for awhile but who knows.

Dion Jordan has 3.8% body fat?

I don't trust a guy who obviously doesn't eat the occasional croissant.

French people eat a lot of croissants, but the only thing I trust them to do is surrender at everything. Nothing more.

Rest of offseason.

Lost bet with a Pats fan. What were the terms? We made a bet about who could throw a football further between Giselle and Tammy. I foolishly thought that because he/she was a pro qb it would be Tam. But I choose poorly and I knew I was fucked when Giselle wobbled one past 30 yards. Then I fucked up even more when they conned me with a double or nothing on who could piss further between the two. The lesson for you kids is that betting is a horrible thing invented by some Pats fan a few decades away. Don't gamble or else you will end up like me....

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

eznark

Banned
MLB The Show 13 is a lot of fun but Im getting really frustrated with my rtts player.

Its my second year and it seems like every time I hit the ball it goes right to the first baseman or is a pop fly for an immediate out. My average is dropping like a rock.

I'm guessing you are right handed. Your timing is crap. You're behind on the weak shots to first and ahead on the pop ups. It takes skill to hit in that game. They made AA batting so fucking easy that I think people forgot that being a good hitter in this game requires patience.

Rob Gronkowski has no surgery scheduled, says agent

The Boston Herald reported Sunday that a "stubborn" infection in Rob Gronkowski's broken left forearm could keep the tight end out of action for the beginning of the regular season.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport cautioned, however, that an additional surgery is not set in stone, and Gronkowski's camp is still considering all options.

Agent Drew Rosenhaus confirmed as much to WSVN-TV in Miami. Rosenhaus emphasized that any speculation about Gronkowski missing regular-season action is "way off" and no determinations have been made on a fourth procedure.

"I'm not sure what's going to happen," Rosenhaus said. "There's no surgery scheduled, and we're not sure he's going to need one."

Gronkowski is near the end of a six-week cycle of antibiotic treatments to clear up the infection, so it won't be long before a decision is required on another surgery to remove the plate in his forearm.

While the setback means Gronkowski will miss offseason practices for a second consecutive year, it seems premature to begin hand-wringing over his regular-season status

tumblr_mcf4qsjKs31qe9lszo1_500.gif

I'm guessing you are right handed. Your timing is crap. You're behind on the weak shots to first and ahead on the pop ups. It takes skill to hit in that game. They made AA batting so fucking easy that I think people forgot that being a good hitter in this game requires patience.

Do you use the timing and location batting or just timing?

SB Nation has a three round mock for the Giants

Round 1 (19th overall) -- Tank Carradine, DE, Florida State

Round 2 (49th overall) -- Kevin Minter, LB, LSU

Round 3 (79th overall) -- Kyle Long, OT/G, Oregon

Don't think there's a chance in hell that happens but boy Giants fans would be hard pressed to complain.

Draxal

SB Nation has a three round mock for the Giants

Round 1 (19th overall) -- Tank Carradine, DE, Florida State

Round 2 (49th overall) -- Kevin Minter, LB, LSU

Round 3 (79th overall) -- Kyle Long, OT/G, Oregon

Don't think there's a chance in hell that happens but boy Giants fans would be hard pressed to complain.

Ya, truth be told I'm not truly happy with any of the de's in the draft; very weary about picking somebody with an acl injury in college due to what happened to Terrell Thomas.

But Carradine's history looks very very solid without that, and I suggested Minter in the second round before and told there was no shot at hell he's falling to 49, and I'm inclined to beleive that (thre's no shot in hell).

eznark

Banned
Chasing the pitch in the power circle? If you have the ball in the circle you aren't really chasing.

I'm glad mockers are over the bizarre shock of the Finley non-story and are putting Eifert back on the Pack.

Draxal

Hey Ez.

Do you know anything about Sean Frazier, he seems to be Barry's #2, and Delany is pretty much going to send him or some other Big 10 assistand AD to Rutgers.

Whoever, the next ad has to do a hell of the job, because all the athletic donors are beyond pissed that Pernetti is gone.

bionic77

You don't even need opinions. Even stating universal truths can get you drawn into fruitless debates. (For instance "Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever").
Tammy might be the greatest tranny demon qb ever. But you can't be the greatest qb of time and get outplayed by Joe Flacco, Buttfumble and Eli in the playoffs.

I mean how do you justify losing to buttfumble?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You don't even need opinions. Even stating universal truths can get you drawn into fruitless debates. (For instance "Joe Montana is the greatest QB ever").

Fixed.

I'm pretty sure saying "Joe Montana is the greatest ever" on this forum would only draw responses from Pats fans and a few others suggesting Johnny U or Peyton Manning. I think 75% would say Montana easily.

Milchjon

Tammy might be the greatest tranny demon qb ever. But you can't be the greatest qb of time and get outplayed by Joe Flacco, Buttfumble and Eli in the playoffs.

I mean how do you justify losing to buttfumble?

Hey, you're talking about elite SB MVP QBs with some of the most expensive contracts ever! They're not just anyone!

As for Sanchez....

Here's a picture to distract you from that....

tom-brady-new-england-patriots.jpg

eznark

Banned
Hey Ez.

Do you know anything about Sean Frazier, he seems to be Barry's #2, and Delany is pretty much going to send him or some other Big 10 assistand AD to Rutgers.

Whoever, the next ad has to do a hell of the job, because all the athletic donors are beyond pissed that Pernetti is gone.

I'll be very, very, very sad if he leaves. He is the guy who is most hands-on with the Wisconsin hockey programs and has been instrumental in keeping them properly funded. I honestly have no idea about him outside of that. He fought tooth and nail against the NCAA for their fucking idiotic attempt at banning Nic Kerdiles for allowing a family friend to pay for the families hotel room for an evening (then paying the guy back the next day...it was a timing issue) so I love him for that.

Yeah, having a strong opinion in any direction (even along with the popular opinion) is a recipe for trouble.
That's why I am always so tempered and reasonable.

Draxal

I'll be very, very, very sad if he leaves. He is the guy who is most hands-on with the Wisconsin hockey programs and has been instrumental in keeping them properly funded. I honestly have no idea about him outside of that. He fought tooth and nail against the NCAA for their fucking idiotic attempt at banning Nic Kerdiles for allowing a family friend to pay for the families hotel room for an evening (then paying the guy back the next day...it was a timing issue) so I love him for that.

I'll be honest, I'm suprised that you know even that much about him. He's from Long Island so it would kinda be a homecoming from him, but right now the Rutger's job is so toxic, our last two ads got fired (forcible resigned) because of politics.

eznark

Banned
I'll be honest, I'm suprised that you know even that much about him. He's from Long Island so it would kinda be a homecoming from him, but right now the Rutger's job is so toxic, our last two ads got fired (forcible resigned) because of politics.

I've been pretty involved in Wisconsin hockey my whole life. I'm kind of surprised that he would go to Rutgers since he is a hockey guy and they have no hockey program, correct?

Draxal

I've been pretty involved in Wisconsin hockey my whole life. I'm kind of surprised that he would go to Rutgers since he is a hockey guy and they have no hockey program, correct?

Club hockey; no chance of it becoming scholarship. Didn't Alvarez get chryst the Pitt job even though a lot of Badgers wanted him in Madison?

eznark

Banned
I think he helped Chryst in order to keep the relationship strong and because no one expected fat fuck molester to ever leave Wisconsin.

As expected, Mike Patterson was a vet minimum deal with the Giants:

Joel Corry @corryjoel 13m

Mike Patterson signed a one-year minimum salary benefit deal with the Giants for $905k & a $620k cap number.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom