• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Greg

Hmm, by the end of next season we'll have 4 with Rodgers, Pickett, Kuhn, and Tramon Williams.

The only one of those four that I can guarantee staying on the roster in a few years is Rodgers. Green Bay is ridiculously young...

edit: Get out of my head Greg!
the only 30+ they need

Rj90T2X.jpg

Ebenezer Samuel @ebenezersamuel 16m

Having seen NFL draft green room list, could see Giants going w/ Margus Hunt, a freak athlete who could deepen DE position.

Another DE connected to the Giants. Draft day needs to get here!

squicken

Another DE connected to the Giants. Draft day needs to get here!

Lots of things about that evaluation worried me. Pushing around freshmen at bad schools, he's 26, gets cut easy, couldn't get off blocks at Senior Bowl. If he was younger I would think he just needs time, but at 26, I'm not sure how much better he'll get before his athleticism fades a bit

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
This sets up as a crucial time for New England tight end Rob Gronkowski, one that may have Patriots fans concerned. Dr. Ben Wedro, who practices emergency medicine at Gundersen Clinic in Wisconsin and has provided medical information for media outlets at the Olympics, said the severity of a potential chronic infection could derail his record-setting start with the Pats. ... [This] infection cannot be taken lightly if it does not heal. "If he has a wound that is chronically infected -- they cannot get rid of the infection -- it could stop them from having the definite operation to completely repair his arm, which means he probably would not play football," Wedro said. "That is the worst-case scenario. I'm not saying that is going to happen, but that is the worst-case scenario."
Let this be a lesson to you, Gonk. No more fisting hookers with syphilis.

Lots of things about that evaluation worried me. Pushing around freshmen at bad schools, he's 26, gets cut easy, couldn't get off blocks at Senior Bowl. If he was younger I would think he just needs time, but at 26, I'm not sure how much better he'll get before his athleticism fades a bit
It's more of an opinion from one of the beat writers more than anything. DE becomes more and more the consensus for the team (and it's my own belief) but watch them throw a loop at us and take a WR or something.:jnc

One part of me would trip over myself with joy if we took a Tavon Austin. The other part of me would be left wondering how we would use him.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2013/adjusted-interceptions-2012

Football Outsiders Adjusted INT rates, where they try to factor out desperation and tip INTs, and add in dropped INTs. A little subjective, but anyone watching Colts games knows Luck had an obscene number of dropped INTs. 14 last year. 2nd place is Weeden with 10. Weeden had the second highest Adjusted INT rate, as well

Foles was top 10 even though he only played 6 games. lol

Edit: he was only top 10 in rate, I thought he was top 10 in number.

Football Outsiders Adjusted INT rates, where they try to factor out desperation and tip INTs, and add in dropped INTs. A little subjective, but anyone watching Colts games knows Luck had an obscene number of dropped INTs. 14 last year. 2nd place is Weeden with 10. Weeden had the second highest Adjusted INT rate, as well

Bradford loses an interception and Fatford gains six. Suck it Kastrioti!

eznark

Banned

I'd like to see the plays that resulted in Rodgers number going up. I also vividly remember two interception/punts that were apparently not factored in. I guess Schatz only counted those with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter which is pretty stupid.

squicken

I'd like to see the plays that resulted in Rodgers number going up. I also vividly remember two interception/punts that were apparently not factored in. I guess Schatz only counted those with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter which is pretty stupid.

I always feel like they do a good job of stating the limitations of the statistics and methodology are. It's pretty subjective on what is a drop, what is a don't give a fuck jump ball on third and long, etc

For me, it matched what I saw from Luck and Bradford. Luck must have had 5 pick 6s dropped, and if Bradford throws a very catchable INT ball

Talon

Holy shit, 14 dropped interceptions for Luck? Josh Freeman's interception splits are hilarious, by the way.

Tipped interceptions are the worst. Next to fumbles.

I KNOW. So bored. Everyone should give realistic followed by ludicrously hyperbolic positive and negative predictions for their team

Hard to hyperbolize when you already won the superbowl, but...

Ravens finish 2-14 (sweep Pittsburgh), yet we don't get the #1 pick and miss out on Clowney.

Ravens repeat as Superbowl champs behind new starter Tyrod Taylor (Flacco retires to become an actor after his success playing Johnny Unitas for 2 seconds of stunt work), Ray Lewis comes out of retirement after a few injuries to our LB core and, in a Deer urine induced explosion of excellence, wins the DPOY after only playing in 10 games. Ravens also win World Series, NBA Champoinship, and the Preakness.

squicken

Holy shit, 14 dropped interceptions for Luck? Josh Freeman's interception splits are hilarious, by the way.

Tipped interceptions are the worst. Next to fumbles.

Kind of seems like there should be a sack rate/INT rate/Depth of target matrix. Alex Smith, Gabbert and Kevin Kolb take sacks instead of taking chances. Luck throws the ball so much deeper than most QBs that his numbers are going to be higher

Where's the hyperbolic negative?

AH ha ha ha ha

Rams:

Realistic: I think they will end up anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7 give or take a couple wins or losses. Expectations will ne high with the signing of Jared Cook and the development of Brian Quick along with the drafting of whichever WR they take this year, and the offense will improve but not dramatically. The Rams lost their two leading receivers and leading rusher from an already stagnant offense this off season. Still Fisher is a hell of a coach and the Defense will keep improving and keep us competitive. Unfortunately progress in our division is unlikely as the 9ers have 13 draft picks and the seahawks have a shitload too. Along with their WR acquisitions they are situated to be the two best teams in the league.

Positive: Rams risks on offense payoff completely and Les Snead looks like a genius for building something comparable to what he built with the Falcons. Bradford continues his development and throws for his first 5000 yard season, while protecting the football to the same extent as in 2012. Isaiah Pead emerges as the best RB in the league with a 2500 yard rushing season. The defense continues to improve into a top ten defense and leads the league in sacks for the second year in a row. Janoris Jenkins emerges as the best cornerback in the league and becomes the preeminent shutdown corner and leads the league in interceptions. Legatron starts nailing 70 yard field goals on the reg. The Niners and Seahawks collapse. The Niners window continues to close with The Smiths gameplan figured out and Kaep with a career ending injury. Wussell chokes into a sophomore slump and Richard Sherman begins relentless shit talking of the offense, leading to an implosion of the team. They become useless with their Adderall banned. Rams end up 16-0 and the entire team represents the NFC in the pro bowl, which they play anyway on their way to the largest Super Bowl blowout in history. Rams end the season with no touchdowns allowed

Negative:

The Seahawks and Niners emerge as the dominant teams they are expected to be. The entire Rams O-Line injured and they live off of waiver leftovers. Bradford is sacked every other down. The defense collapses, Laurinaitis is injured and Chris Long still can't defend the run. Janoris Jenkins begins drinking heavier with the births of his eighteenth and ninteenth children from 16 different women. Rams give Bradford a ten year, $300 million extension with $150 million guaranteed. The running backs don't develop and are murdered everytime they touch the ball with no O Line. Rams end up 0-16, setting records for points and yards allowed in a single season game and for a season

bionic77

Hard to hyperbolize when you already won the superbowl, but...

Ravens finish 2-14 (sweep Pittsburgh), yet we don't get the #1 pick and miss out on Clowney.

Ravens repeat as Superbowl champs behind new starter Tyrod Taylor (Flacco retires to become an actor after his success playing Johnny Unitas for 2 seconds of stunt work), Ray Lewis comes out of retirement after a few injuries to our LB core and, in a Deer urine induced explosion of excellence, wins the DPOY after only playing in 10 games. Ravens also win World Series, NBA Champoinship, and the Preakness.
With the amount of PEDs being used by the Ravens I would not be surprised if they were fast enough to win a race against a horse.

The Steelers next season are going to just barely get by the Browns to become the first 6 win division winner. All of our wins will come against the division and we will go 0-10 outside of it.

We are going to be the shittiest and luckiest playoff team of all time, surpassing even last year's Ravens. We will go undefeated in the playoffs and win number 7. We will win one game by actually outplaying the other team. Another win will be a total fluke and a gift where the Pats are the better team but we pull a 2001 on them and score 3 special teams TDs to steal a win before a devasted New England crowd (who were already in shock at the horrendous way that J Worilds snapped Brady's leg into 3 pieces for his 5th sack of the game). We will win one BS game that will be given by the refs. Think the Seahawks game last year. And one game will be won by the most unlikely of events, Tomlin outcoaching the other coach.

While I agree with your prediction that Flacco will be out of the league in one year and 2-14 is a pretty realistic outcome for the Ravens this year, I don't see the Ravens following us after this season. I think after we win number 7 Jesus will return to Earth and right before the battle for Armageddon begins he is going to qb the Browns to their first Superbowl. All atheists will repent and become believers following the greatest miracle of all.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Last week of work on my current job, and damn, I am being useless right now.

I'm shocked they bothered to keep making you work...

I know the feeling. When I left my job recently I gave my two weeks and they basically said don't come back after a week and a half.

Because this!

This happened to me at my last job, I thought my last day was Friday then I get yanked into an office for an exit interview on Wednesday.

Two weeks isn't enough time to do much of anything in the corporate world.

With the amount of PEDs being used by the Ravens I would not be surprised if they were fast enough to win a race against a horse.

The Steelers next season are going to just barely get by the Browns to become the first 6 win division winner. All of our wins will come against the division and we will go 0-10 outside of it.

We are going to be the shittiest and luckiest playoff team of all time, surpassing even last year's Ravens. We will go undefeated in the playoffs and win number 7. We will win one game by actually outplaying the other team. Another win will be a total fluke and a gift where the Pats are the better team but we pull a 2001 on them and score 3 special teams TDs to steal a win before a devasted New England crowd (who were already in shock at the horrendous way that J Worilds snapped Brady's leg into 3 pieces for his 5th sack of the game). We will win one BS game that will be given by the refs. Think the Seahawks game last year. And one game will be won by the most unlikely of events, Tomlin outcoaching the other coach.

While I agree with your prediction that Flacco will be out of the league in one year and 2-14 is a pretty realistic outcome for the Ravens this year, I don't see the Ravens following us after this season. I think after we win number 7 Jesus will return to Earth and right before the battle for Armageddon begins he is going to qb the Browns to their first Superbowl. All atheists will repent and become believers following the greatest miracle of all.
Utterly disappointed that you didn't find a way to work Tebow into this. Shame on you.

Draxal

Giants Hyperbolic Negative.

0-16- Eli tears his acl banging his wife in the preason. Go on to draft CLowney first overall, who ends up with a ruptered achilles tendon.

Giants Hyperbolic Positive.

15(13)-4(3) Giants make it to the playoffs but lose to one of the Seahawks/Falcons/49ers in the champ game.

8-8 seems about right. Injuries could get the defense and it could be worse. Gotta figure the out of division record will improve, but the in division record will decline

My prediction too.

I'm watching The Departed on FX. Such an awesome movie. The Censorship is shitty, but I don't know where my copy is.

bionic77

Utterly disappointed that you didn't find a way to work Tebow into this. Shame on you.
Oh its got Tebow all right.

See last paragraph. He leads the Browns to the Superbowl. And he forgoes a regular jersey and just uses body paint like those Sports Illustrated sluts.

bionic77

Giants Hyperbolic Negative.

0-16- Eli tears his acl banging his wife in the preason. Go on to draft CLowney first overall, who ends up with a ruptered achilles tendon.

Giants Hyperbolic Positive.

15(13)-4(3) Giants make it to the playoffs but lose to one of the Seahawks/Falcons/49ers in the champ game.
I think Eli had sex last year and I think we can all agree that if/when he does have sex he is going to rupture something.

Not even Superman could handle that kind of built up pressure. He obviously did not do it into his wife because it would have killed her and it is hard to cover up murder (unless you have Ray Lewis' attorney). He probably just leveled some mountain or skyscraper while jerking off to some JC Penney model that was showing a lot of leg. I am talking about some hot shit. Like above the knee!

Positive: 49ers go 16-0 and crush everyone in the playoffs to win the first of multiple consecutive SB's.

Negative: 49ers go 12-4 and win the SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom