• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Konka

Banned
Oh, goody, if you want to know WHY Mayock moved Winston down, tune in to NFL Network at 7pm. (pukes in corner)--Matt Miller Twitter

If any of you are on Twitter and not following Matt Miller during draft time you are missing out.

I'm on the edge of my seat.

MechDX

There is now a second person accusing Winston of a crime?

Edit:mad:nfldraftscout @brandidavis22 There’s no 2nd accuser. Was a 2nd woman who sought counseling after consensual (according to her) encounter

Fucking media

Why would you need counseling after a consensual sexual encounter? Jameis into some freaky Shit.

Konka

Banned
Awww shit, tomorrow!

2015-MastersSm.jpg

Future,

What time are we closing up shop for the draft tonight before the carry over tomorrow? At 24, I figured I'd better ask how late I need to keep an eye out for updates.

Future,

What time are we closing up shop for the draft tonight before the carry over tomorrow? At 24, I figured I'd better ask how late I need to keep an eye out for updates.
I'm done at midnight. Someone else can pick up from there if they like but I'm off at that point.

So is the redskins pick a group one as well?
As of right now, yes.

Is Officerob available to make this pick? It seems like the group has consensus on it. So I say if we don't hear from him within the next 30 minutes, we make the pick and move on.

Let me know if there are any objections.

Around when would the dolphins pick? I'm guessing late Thursday or Friday?

Impossible to say as some picks come real quick and others can take a couple hours. I don't the draft will take until Friday to complete though since we'll be resuming in the morning rather than starting in the afternoon.

Impossible to say as some picks come real quick and others can take a couple hours. I don't the draft will take until Friday to complete though since we'll be resuming in the morning rather than starting in the afternoon.

Hmm ok I'll be on my way to Montana tomorrow afternoon so I'll just send my ideas to Darkest and he'll do the pick.

The 2015 NFL-GAF Mock Draft is now open for business.

With the first pick of the 2015 draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State.

Yes, there are some maturity questions with Jameis Winston and he is (probably) a rapist shit. But the simple fact of the matter is that the Bucs are absolutely desperate for a franchise QB and Winston seems to be the guy Licht and Lovie like most. Winston has a solid arm and reportedly has a football IQ that is off the charts, and was very impressive at both the combine and FSU's pro day.

He has every chance to become a great QB in this league. But the Bucs are taking a risk here by going with a guy with his baggage. However, when you need a QB as badly as the Bucs do, that baggage seems a lot more manageable.

2. Tennessee Titans - Leonard Williams, DT, USC

The Titans are confident that their young offense with Mettenberger at the helm will continue to grow with another year in the system and so will pass on the consensus second-best QB in the draft and select the best defensive player in the draft in Williams. The Titans' defense desperately needs a shake up and Williams will be a disruptive force along the defensive line which should help to improve the rest of the unit.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Dante Fowler Jr, OLB/DE, Florida

I'm saying Dante Fowler for the Jags. A lot of hub-bub about that pick for them and they continue to need to address pass rush on their line. They've got their QB in Bortles. You could argue he needs weapons so a Cooper or White could go here but a premium pass rusher at #3 makes more sense for me.

4. Oakland Raiders - Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama

Outstanding work ethic with extremely polished route running skills for a college WR. Has the ability to make people miss after the catch. Has the ability to line up all over the field (Also been a knock on him because of Lame Kiffin's ability to get productively out of WRs). He had three years of productively in Alabama and should be able to step in and produce at a high level as a rookie.

5. Washington Redskins
6. New York Jets - Shadyspace
7. Chicago Bears - minx88
8. Atlanta Falcons -
9. New York Giants - Futurevoid, BigAT
10. St. Louis Rams -
11. Minnesota Vikings -
12. Cleveland Browns - BlackGhost, TheBatman, Confrontation
13. New Orleans Saints -
14. Miami Dolphins - Darkest Red, HiMyNameIsChris, Bread
15. San Francisco 49ers - bigosc2k, Doomsayer
16. Houston Texans - MechDX
17. San Diego Chargers -
18. Kansas City Chiefs -
19. Cleveland Browns (from Buffalo) - BlackGhost, TheBatman, Confrontation
20. Philadelphia Eagles - Gutshot, JABEE, Yankeehater
21. Cincinnati Bengals -
22. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge
23. Detroit Lions - NihonTiger90, Kas
24. Arizona Cardinals - Squall ASF
25. Carolina Panthers - Grover Cleveland
26. Baltimore Ravens - Blarry
27. Dallas Cowboys - Farooq, cashman
28. Denver Broncos - Godslay, MetalFearSolid
29. Indianapolis Colts - Spinluck
30. Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu
31. New Orleans Saints (from Seattle) -
32. New England Patriots - Dutch, Gata, Case

Rules:

1. You and your group should come to a consensus on who you genuinely think your team would take. Not who you want.
2. No trades.
3. Each person/group has a 4 hour limit to make their pick. If the pick is not in within that 4 hour time limit, then the remaining NFL-GAF members will make a consensus pick. If no consensus is made, I will make the pick as the person running the draft.
4. Each pick should be accompanied with a short synopsis of why the pick was made. Don't write a book. Just tell me why.
5. Your pick can be PM'd to me directly and I will add it. That can be done before your on the clock. If you don't think you'll be here. You can send me your top three choices as your time draws near. You don't have to post it in the thread if you're going to be away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Washington Redskins are on the clock. This is another consensus pick. We have until 8:30pm to decide.

Mariotta to DC for the lulz (and so Gruden can help ruin another young QB) but the real pick should probably be Vic Beasley to give the Skins a potentially elite edge rusher to pair with Ryan Kerrigan and replace the departed Brian Orakpo. It's not a need pick but taking someone at a position of need (CB, WR) at this point would probably be a reach with the 5th pick.

I feel like if Washington was going to think about getting Mariota they may have shown some inclination to trade RG3 but I haven't heard a single rumor in that regard. They might still take him if he drops this far, but doing so would burn their opportunity to get a pass rusher or CB.

Put me on the Beasley board. Makes total sense with the departure of Orapko. I don't see the Skins taking a WR with holes at LB and OL. Especially after signing DeSean last season. Though 5 seems high for Beasley.

minx

I'm pretty sure someone volunteered for the Redskins pick. Has a redskins avatar with name of Mr2xxx or something like that.

I've been to chick-fil-a a couple of times. It's just okay. Those people are sad.

Apparently they are trying to cash in on the first 100 rule.

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Locations/First-100

It's always exciting when a new Chick-fil-A Restaurant opens. But it's especially rewarding for 100 people who will be chosen to participate in the Grand Opening. Those "First 100" participants who comply with the official rules will receive a Grand Prize of one Chick-fil-A Meal per week for a year! Click on the links below to learn all of the details and rules, see photos, and find upcoming Grand Openings.

The 2015 NFL-GAF Mock Draft is now open for business.

4. Oakland Raiders - Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama

Outstanding work ethic with extremely polished route running skills for a college WR. Has the ability to make people miss after the catch. Has the ability to line up all over the field (Also been a knock on him because of Lame Kiffin's ability to get productively out of WRs). He had three years of productively in Alabama and should be able to step in and produce at a high level as a rookie.

I don't think they would pass on Beasley if he's available here, but eh whatever I'll be happy with Williams, Beasley or Coop.

Top Bottom