• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Farooq

Banned
I guess it's too late, but I'm still going to consult with Farooq about the pick. (if he wants)

Of course man. The pick is most likely someone who they bring in for a visit.

dspt6O3.png

I am thinking Gurley if he drops (you don't pass on special), Kevin Johnson, Diggy, Thompson, and Kendricks. Have to do more research into who the Cowboys may like more between Thompson and Kendricks. Diggy's hips may be a concern, don't know how the Cowboys feel about that. Don't know how the Cowboys feel about Gordon either. Bud Dupree seems like a due diligence visit, I doubt he drops in this mock or in the draft.

They still have 9 more invites, we will have to wait and see what they do with those.

What do you think?

Hopefully we'll get more consensus picks by the group this year.

That's generally why a second round never works. I end up making all of the picks and I just don't care to do that.
I never understood why more guys in here don't participate especially because the off season is slow as fuck. Is it because no one feels compelled to do even the slightest bit of research? I refuse to believe everyone would just rather discuss Animu and Baseball in the Football thread
I know it's true :(
Best movie last year was John Wick.

JNC! Interstellar was and it's not even fucking close! /opinions. I really enjoyed Gone Girl as well. I hear Kingsman was fantastic and even better action than John Wick but I still need to see it.

The first movie was eh. And the trailer for the 2nd looks identical to the first movie (granted trailers are generally the worst way to judge a movie). I am going to wait for reviews on that one.

Cap 2 was really good (though the first was gutter trash) but honestly the only Marvel movie that I really loved was Guardians of the Galaxy. And I wonder if they can maintain the magic for the sequel.

By the way, did you really love the first Avengers or do you love it the same way you love the Xbone*?

* /wink-wink-nudge-nudge

I thought the first Avengers was great. Sam Jackson as Fury is awesome, the other characters work really well together, Loki was great, the only thing that was kind of meh was the bad guys but that is clearly being fixed for AoU.

Interstellar-Guardians of the Galaxy-John Wick-Big Hero 6 were my 4 favorite movies last year

Edit: OMG Big Hero 6 was so fucking good. I skipped it in the theaters because I wasnt sure about it, and I am so pissed at myself now. I cant wait to see what Marvel property Disney animation does next.

That Deus Ex trailer...

oh-boy.gif

Human Revolution had one of my favorite game trailers of the past...10 years? This one isn't quite as good but yeah, it gets a nice HOT DAMN outta me. Hopefully the game itself is as good. HR had its issues but it did some really nice work in bringing the IP back to relevance after the shit-fest that was Deus Ex II.

MRSA

Banned
I have been thinking about checking John Wick out, is it awesome Point Break Keanu, or melancholy Matrix Keanu?

What's impressive is taht Keanu did his own stunts, you can rent it for a $1 on Amazon/iTunes

_1416165890.jpg

The Equalizer was good too, dragged on a little but I just realized that Denzel never used a gun in the movie.

Human Revolution had one of my favorite game trailers of the past...10 years? This one isn't quite as good but yeah, it gets a nice HOT DAMN outta me. Hopefully the game itself is as good. HR had its issues but it did some really nice work in bringing the IP back to relevance after the shit-fest that was Deus Ex II.
HR absolutely blew me away. I played through it three times back to back to back including a pure ninja run where I didn't fire a single shot or engage a single enemy (outside of bosses). The game just sucked me in with its incredible atmosphere and engaging gameplay. Definitely one of my favorite games of last gen so a sequel is a no-brainer day one purchase for me!

Haven't seen Birdman yet, but the other two are definitely my favorites of the year.

I watched it this past weekend, it was really good.
Biggest knock I have of Birdman is that it really doesn't know how to end. You get the sense that Iñárritu didn't know how to bring things to a close without leaving it as a major downer so you get this ethereal sort of "what if" finale that could be interpreted in many ways. It doesn't nullify the previous two hours of sheer brilliant performances by a great cast.:D It has an energy to it that I just fucking love.

I wacthed the first half of this last night, seems really interesting so far. Cant wait to finish it.
Finish it up. Some really great stuff in the second half of the movie. It cracked me up.

Biggest knock I have of Birdman is that it really doesn't know how to end. You get the sense that Iñárritu didn't know how to bring things to a close without leaving it as a major downer so you get this ethereal sort of "what if" finale that could be interpreted in many ways. It doesn't nullify the previous two hours of sheer brilliant performances by a great cast.:D It has an energy to it that I just fucking love.

Finish it up. Some really great stuff in the second half of the movie. It cracked me up.

Yeah I really thought the ending was
That he actually shot himself
which would have been a fine ending, Budapest hotel was also a great film and I loved Whiplash as well. A lot of really good movies came out this past year. There are still a few I need to catch.

Milchjon

I love Grand Budapest Hotel but I can't figure out why it seems so much less contentious than a lot of his previous movies. It's not that different in style.

Birdman
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Nightcrawler

...are my top three.

I've only seen Nightcrawler of those three and yes, it was good. Gyllenhaal made the movie intense, great performance by him. I don't want to say much more to avoid spoiling anyone here. Certainly one of the better movies of last year but enjoyed Gone Girl and most especially, Interstellar more. I guess I'm becoming a Nolan-ite because I absolutely love Inception and Interstellar and thoroughly enjoy the Batman trilogy even though I don't give a shit about Batman or any other comic hero. They were just great crime dramas with great acting (except the Rachel Dawes character, thank god they killed her off). To hell with DKR haters ;)

bionic77

I thought the first Avengers was great. Sam Jackson as Fury is awesome, the other characters work really well together, Loki was great, the only thing that was kind of meh was the bad guys but that is clearly being fixed for AoU.

Edit: OMG Big Hero 6 was so fucking good. I skipped it in the theaters because I wasnt sure about it, and I am so pissed at myself now. I cant wait to see what Marvel property Disney animation does next.
Glad you liked Avengers but that shit was so blah for me.

To each his own.

I am so excited for the new Star Wars movie that I would sell the lives of every Pats fan that posts here to watch it one day early.

And the lives of the rest of you to watch it this weekend.

I've only seen Nightcrawler of those three and yes, it was good. Gyllenhaal made the movie intense, great performance by him. I don't want to say much more to avoid spoiling anyone here. Certainly one of the better movies of last year but enjoyed Gone Girl and most especially, Interstellar more. I guess I'm becoming a Nolan-ite because I absolutely love Inception and Interstellar and thoroughly enjoy the Batman trilogy even though I don't give a shit about Batman or any other comic hero. They were just great crime dramas with great acting (except the Rachel Dawes character, thank god they killed her off). To hell with DKR haters ;)

High five buddy! All of the Nolan Batman movies are great. Have you seen Momento? It is my favorite movie. I cant recomend it enough.

bionic77

What?

The movies are so implausible! And there are like 2 bad edits during the action scenes!

I will never understand GAF's hatred of Nolan. I love pretty much every movie he has done. Even the last Batman as flawed as it was had such a great ending to the trilogy. Not Toy Story 3 shit but it was one of the better 3rd movies in a trilogy that I have seen.

Still have to see Interstellar. Can't wait!

Bread

Banned

To each his own.

I am so excited for the new Star Wars movie that I would sell the lives of every Pats fan that posts here to watch it one day early.

Avengers was typical blockbuster schlock, it did not do anything for me.

gutshot

High five buddy! All of the Nolan Batman movies are great. Have you seen Momento? It is my favorite movie. I cant recomend it enough.

Memento is amazing. I remember seeing it in the theaters, not knowing anything about it, and just being totally blown away by it.

And if you love Memento, be sure to check out Following. It was Nolan's first movie and as such is really low budget, but you can begin to see the seeds of the non-linear storytelling.

Memento is amazing. I remember seeing it in the theaters, not knowing anything about it, and just being totally blown away by it.

And if you love Memento, be sure to check out Following. It was Nolan's first movie and as such is really low budget, but you can begin to see the seeds of the non-linear storytelling.

Dude I will definitely check that out. Thanks for the heads up.

To each his own.

I'm looking forward to Avengers 2 as a fun blockbuster but my nerd boner is firmly pointed at SW. I can't wait for the first full length trailer!
Hell yeah! I actually have seen Momento and remember enjoying it but I need to watch it again because it's been so long, I can't even remember how much I enjoyed it but simply the twist/gimmick of the movie which was original and fascinating.
What?

The movies are so implausible! And there are like 2 bad edits during the action scenes!

I will never understand GAF's hatred of Nolan. I love pretty much every movie he has done. Even the last Batman as flawed as it was had such a great ending to the trilogy. Not Toy Story 3 shit but it was one of the better 3rd movies in a trilogy that I have seen.

Still have to see Interstellar. Can't wait!
I cringe at some of the shit I see on this site concerning his movies. There will always be people that hate on anything popular just to feel different but whatever, different strokes for different folks. I really liked how the Batman Trilogy was capped off too and fuck yes to Toy Story 3! You have great taste, sir. They capped off that trilogy so well that I'm not keen on the announcement for a fourth film. I'll wait and see what it is first, maybe it's a new set of toys which would be fine.

MOCK DRAFT 2015 - Start time 2:00PM EST!

T-MINUS 30 minutes.

List of participants:

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx, Hammer24
2. Tennessee Titans -
3. Jacksonville Jaguars -
4. Oakland Raiders - Officerrob
5. Washington Redskins -
6. New York Jets - Shadyspace
7. Chicago Bears - minx88
8. Atlanta Falcons -
9. New York Giants - Futurevoid, BigAT
10. St. Louis Rams -
11. Minnesota Vikings -
12. Cleveland Browns - BlackGhost, TheBatman, Confrontation
13. New Orleans Saints -
14. Miami Dolphins - Darkest Red, HiMyNameIsChris, Bread
15. San Francisco 49ers - bigosc2k, Doomsayer
16. Houston Texans - MechDX
17. San Diego Chargers -
18. Kansas City Chiefs -
19. Cleveland Browns (from Buffalo) - BlackGhost, TheBatman, Confrontation
20. Philadelphia Eagles - Gutshot, JABEE, Yankeehater
21. Cincinnati Bengals -
22. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge
23. Detroit Lions - NihonTiger90, Kas
24. Arizona Cardinals - Squall ASF
25. Carolina Panthers - Grover Cleveland
26. Baltimore Ravens - Blarry
27. Dallas Cowboys - Farooq, cashman
28. Denver Broncos - Godslay, MetalFearSolid
29. Indianapolis Colts - Spinluck
30. Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu
31. New Orleans Saints (from Seattle) -
32. New England Patriots - Dutch, Gata, Case

Rules:

1. You and your group should come to a consensus on who you genuinely think your team would take. Not who you want.
2. No trades.
3. Each person/group has a 4 hour limit to make their pick. If the pick is not in within that 4 hour time limit, then the remaining NFL-GAF members will make a consensus pick. If no consensus is made, I will make the pick as the person running the draft.
4. Each pick should be accompanied with a short synopsis of why the pick was made. Don't write a book. Just tell me why.
5. Your pick can be PM'd to me directly and I will add it. That can be done before your on the clock. If you don't think you'll be here. You can send me your top three choices as your time draws near. You don't have to post it in the thread if you're going to be away.

If you still want in, let me know.

bionic77

I'm looking forward to Avengers 2 as a fun blockbuster but my nerd boner is firmly pointed at SW. I can't wait for the first full length trailer!

Hell yeah! I actually have seen Momento and remember enjoying it but I need to watch it again because it's been so long, I can't even remember how much I enjoyed it but simply the twist/gimmick of the movie which was original and fascinating.

I cringe at some of the shit I see on this site concerning his movies. There will always be people that hate on anything popular just to feel different but whatever, different strokes for different folks. I really liked how the Batman Trilogy was capped off too and fuck yes to Toy Story 3! You have great taste, sir. They capped off that trilogy so well that I'm not keen on the announcement for a fourth film. I'll wait and see what it is first, maybe it's a new set of toys which would be fine.
Actually I did not like the first Toy Story movie (saw it with my nephew on VHS many times) and I never saw the 2nd one. I got the 3rd movie one weekend when my kids were sick and was not expecting to like it. Got sucked it and holy fucking shit that movie was really good. Actually caught some feels at the end, which is pretty amazing considering it is a movie about toys and I was not attached to the franchise.

Toy Story 3 is the one exception I can think of where the 3rd movie is arguably the best in a trilogy. Usually 3rd movies are at best a great wrap up to a trilogy and at worst (far more common) a total fucking train wreck. For a 3rd movie in a trilogy I thought Batman was pretty good. It was not nearly as good as the first 2, but it is hard to make 3 good movies about the same shit (unless apparently you work for Pixar).

And Star Wars. Holy fuck that Abraham trailer got me way too excited. I plan on taking the day off from work and driving to the biggest theater I can find that is playing it. Please JJ don't let me down. I have dreams too!

Fox318

I am picking for the Jets.

We trade the pick for Rex Ryan and the NFL must build a giant sign at every stadium that says :" FUCK YOU IDZIK YOU DUMBASS MOTHERFUCKER"

bionic77

Deacon find a way to draft a hall of fame pass rusher, a hall of fame corner back, a hall of fame safety, a great 2nd receiver, and a pro bowl tight end.

This is your responsibility. Even though you are dead to me after your Karate Kid comments I still expect you to do your job.

Also, get some smart pills for Tomlin. Maybe Seattle can lend us a few...

Actually I did not like the first Toy Story movie (saw it with my nephew on VHS many times) and I never saw the 2nd one. I got the 3rd movie one weekend when my kids were sick and was not expecting to like it. Got sucked it and holy fucking shit that movie was really good. Actually caught some feels at the end, which is pretty amazing considering it is a movie about toys and I was not attached to the franchise.

Toy Story 3 is the one exception I can think of where the 3rd movie is arguably the best in a trilogy. Usually 3rd movies are at best a great wrap up to a trilogy and at worst (far more common) a total fucking train wreck. For a 3rd movie in a trilogy I thought Batman was pretty good. It was not nearly as good as the first 2, but it is hard to make 3 good movies about the same shit (unless apparently you work for Pixar).

And Star Wars. Holy fuck that Abraham trailer got me way too excited. I plan on taking the day off from work and driving to the biggest theater I can find that is playing it. Please JJ don't let me down. I have dreams too!
I always enjoyed the first film and thought the second wasn't as good. The third really surprised me with just how good it was and I think the feels near the end is what transcended it for me. I didn't expect to generate feels either but it was really well done.

I actually enjoy TDKR more than BB although BB is still fantastic. I enjoyed seeing Bruce come a little more to the forefront and to see his limitations and fragility. Bane felt truly imposing, especially after that beat down. Every time he entered the screen following that, he commanded respect and I could vicariously feel the intimidation through the other characters. Catwoman was better than that awful Rachel Dawes character they drew up and they upped the ante in a number of ways. I think capping the trilogy off well gave it a little boost for me and I actually had some feels when Alfred had to walk out on Bruce late in the film. Are the movies perfect and without flaws? Of course not, but they are still really well done and acted and thus, for me, entertaining.

That was just the teaser, bro! Just wait for when the first full trailer hits! Lucas isn't around to fuck with the writing, I believe!

Top Bottom