• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Guys pls it's not #disrespectthurday yet

Please refrain.

Cnylolh.gif

BigAT

Well Future is busy spit-shining his Amiibos, so I'm going to step in for a second.

The 2015 NFL-GAF Mock Draft is now open for business.

With the first pick of the 2015 draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State.

Yes, there are some maturity questions with Jameis Winston and he is (probably) a rapist shit. But the simple fact of the matter is that the Bucs are absolutely desperate for a franchise QB and Winston seems to be the guy Licht and Lovie like most. Winston has a solid arm and reportedly has a football IQ that is off the charts, and was very impressive at both the combine and FSU's pro day.

He has every chance to become a great QB in this league. But the Bucs are taking a risk here by going with a guy with his baggage. However, when you need a QB as badly as the Bucs do, that baggage seems a lot more manageable.

2. Tennessee Titans - Leonard Williams, DT, USC

The Titans are confident that their young offense with Mettenberger at the helm will continue to grow with another year in the system and so will pass on the consensus second-best QB in the draft and select the best defensive player in the draft in Williams. The Titans' defense desperately needs a shake up and Williams will be a disruptive force along the defensive line which should help to improve the rest of the unit.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Dante Fowler Jr, OLB/DE, Florida

I'm saying Dante Fowler for the Jags. A lot of hub-bub about that pick for them and they continue to need to address pass rush on their line. They've got their QB in Bortles. You could argue he needs weapons so a Cooper or White could go here but a premium pass rusher at #3 makes more sense for me.

4. Oakland Raiders - Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama

Outstanding work ethic with extremely polished route running skills for a college WR. Has the ability to make people miss after the catch. Has the ability to line up all over the field (Also been a knock on him because of Lame Kiffin's ability to get productively out of WRs). He had three years of productively in Alabama and should be able to step in and produce at a high level as a rookie.

5. Washington Redskins - Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson

Mariotta to DC for the lulz (and so Gruden can help ruin another young QB) but the real pick should probably be Vic Beasley to give the Skins a potentially elite edge rusher to pair with Ryan Kerrigan and replace the departed Brian Orakpo. It's not a need pick but taking someone at a position of need (CB, WR) at this point would probably be a reach with the 5th pick.

6. New York Jets - Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon

The Jets select Marcus Mariota. The Jets have had a productive off-season thus far, making moves to shore up weaknesses in the secondary by bringing back Revis and Cromartie and their receiver core with their pick-up of Brandon Marshall. Their one glaring weakness remains the QB position. Geno Smith has proven that he cannot reach a level of maintainable consistency, an issue Chan Gailey is unlikely to be able to rectify. Ryan Fitzpatrick, another off-season signing for the Jets, is not a long term solution but will hopefully be able to take reps while Mariota adjusts to life at the professional level. (Shadyspace)

7. Chicago Bears - Kevin White, WR, West Virginia

With the 7th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft the Bears select WR Kevin White. Bears make the right choice by drafting BPA and not for need by reaching for Shane Ray, Dupree or Shelton. However, once again the Bears miss out by one pick yet again after Aaron Donald was picked right before them last year. Bears would have loved Mariota to sit behind Jay Cutler until Bears fans call for his head (so only a few games). White has the ability and talent to be a true #1 WR with elite speed to compliment Jeffrey after the Bears created a need trading Marshall. Bears have met with most of the first round WRs as well so I see this as a realistic choice.(minx88)

8. Atlanta Falcons - ON THE CLOCK

9. New York Giants - Futurevoid, BigAT
10. St. Louis Rams -
11. Minnesota Vikings -
12. Cleveland Browns - BlackGhost, TheBatman, Confrontation
13. New Orleans Saints -
14. Miami Dolphins - Darkest Red, HiMyNameIsChris, Bread
15. San Francisco 49ers - bigosc2k, Doomsayer
16. Houston Texans - MechDX
17. San Diego Chargers -
18. Kansas City Chiefs -
19. Cleveland Browns (from Buffalo) - BlackGhost, TheBatman, Confrontation
20. Philadelphia Eagles - Gutshot, JABEE, Yankeehater
21. Cincinnati Bengals -
22. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge
23. Detroit Lions - NihonTiger90, Kas
24. Arizona Cardinals - Squall ASF
25. Carolina Panthers - Grover Cleveland
26. Baltimore Ravens - Blarry
27. Dallas Cowboys - Farooq, cashman
28. Denver Broncos - Godslay, MetalFearSolid
29. Indianapolis Colts - Spinluck
30. Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu
31. New Orleans Saints (from Seattle) -
32. New England Patriots - Dutch, Gata, Case

Rules:

1. You and your group should come to a consensus on who you genuinely think your team would take. Not who you want.
2. No trades.
3. Each person/group has a 4 hour limit to make their pick. If the pick is not in within that 4 hour time limit, then the remaining NFL-GAF members will make a consensus pick. If no consensus is made, I will make the pick as the person running the draft.
4. Each pick should be accompanied with a short synopsis of why the pick was made. Don't write a book. Just tell me why.
5. Your pick can be PM'd to me directly and I will add it. That can be done before your on the clock. If you don't think you'll be here. You can send me your top three choices as your time draws near. You don't have to post it in the thread if you're going to be away.

The pick is in for the Bears. The Falcons are on the clock. They have until Midnight tonight to get their pick in. If not, it will carry over to tomorrow morning 8:30am. Or maybe not, who knows.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts on the Faclons? They need a pass rusher and there are still several available. Shane Ray could be the consensus pick here.

Shane Ray, Alvin "Bud" Dupree or possibly Danny Shelton for the Falcons. All three are possible. Who's their D coordinator now?

Thanks for updating for me, Big.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Atlanta will be an interesting wildcard in terms of who they select and how it will affect the rest of the draft. I've seen multiple mock drafts that have them going from OL to DB to DE/LB to DT and even WR.

They hired Head Coach Dan Quin from the Seahawks so I think when push comes to shove they'll go defense but with Arthur Blank as owner who the hell knows. Blank is one of the more controlling owners akin to Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, Jim Irsay and a few others.

Based on who's available if Shane Ray is available at #8 the Falcons will jump on him to bolster that porous defense.

Thanks for the work, Future and BigAT.

minx

Peanut Tillman visited the Panthers today apparently.

Bears-GAF convince me that he's not completely washed.

He is a great leader and still has that peanut punch but I honestly couldn't see him being a starter anymore unless your corner situation is truly bad. No way he plays 16 games as he has torn his tricep two years in a row. He could be worth it just to teach his peanut punch mechanics.

I think Falcons select Dupree. I don't know much about them except that they need pass rushers though.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
You people™ letting the thread get to page two in the middle of the mock draft. Someone post some anime, at least.

tmdorsey

As a Falcons fan our immediate need is a pass rusher. I don't know much about college players but from what I've been hearing and based on who's left, I would guess we would pick either Ray or Dupree whichever one is the better rusher.

Striker

I keep getting JPP vibes about Dupree. How he is still a little green and will supposedly take a while to develop. Massive potential.

I still wouldn't mind Reese taking a shot with him at #9.

zychi

Banned
5/7 continents complete.(missing africa and antarctica)
15 of 189 countries complete

How the fuck did Wilt chamberlain bang a chick every night?
Working for a worldwide goal and its stressful to fulfill

With the 7th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft the Bears select WR Kevin White. Bears make the right choice by drafting BPA and not for need by reaching for Shane Ray, Dupree or Shelton. However, once again the Bears miss out by one pick yet again after Aaron Donald was picked right before them last year. Bears would have loved Mariota to sit behind Jay Cutler until Bears fans call for his head (so only a few games). White has the ability and talent to be a true #1 WR with elite speed to compliment Jeffrey after the Bears created a need trading Marshall.

Bears have met with most of the first round WRs as well so I see this as a realistic choice.

I'd be totally cool with this pick. Three months ago I would have laughed off the idea of the Bears going for a receiver, but Ryan Pace has done a great job filling in the roster with smart free agent picks. He turned this from a "need" draft into a best player available draft. Sure, they still need talent at pretty much every position. But at least now they don't have to reach and settle for lesser players.

Why is Wednesday not #WCW (woman crush Wednesday) where we just post pictures of beautiful woman?

It's okay though I have 88 minutes until I can start some disrespect going.

#GettingReady
#DisrespectThursday

zychi

Banned
Daredevil, mad men, game of thrones, new uniforms on Tuesday!
Days of prosperity!
Zychi better look out

i got nba and nhl playoffs. i got mlb reg season. i got nfl draft. i got game of thrones (watched live). i have a part-time job(currently) and i am caught up on every tv show i watch besides TWD.

I AM READY!
also, i will avoid gaf like the plague when i miss a show. i've learned my lesson and i need to teach self-discipline before MGSV comes out. i will be waiting for the PC version.

Hammer24

Banned
I´m probably delusional, but I´m still clinging to a sliver of hope we´re not picking Winston.
This is based on two things:
- Lovie having a history of misdirection with the press
- there still might be a team desperate to trade up taking Winston and make a can´t-say-no offer for the first pick. If we´d rule him out from the get go, we´d devalue the pick and the Titans would laugh all the way to the bank.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I´m probably delusional, but I´m still clinging to a sliver of hope we´re not picking Winston.
This is based on two things:
- Lovie having a history of misdirection with the press
- there still might be a team desperate to trade up taking Winston and make a can´t-say-no offer for the first pick. If we´d rule him out from the get go, we´d devalue the pick and the Titans would laugh all the way to the bank.

But you'd still be the Bucs and no matter who you pick up, that will never change.

Hammer24

Banned
But you'd still be the Bucs and no matter who you pick up, that will never change.

You know, I´m so old I lived through enough bad seasons, that it doesn´t really bother me anymore. But, no matter how bad/ridiculous/sad some of those years were, you could always without a doubt put a poster of one of your favorite players / faces of the franchise on your kids bedroom wall.
If we really take that rapist shit, that's over with. Then we sold our soul.

PS: At least we have a Superb Owl title to remember, when another lousy season rolls around. How do you cope??

WanderingWind

I guess I cope by living in the present and not 30 years ago. Also, by still always being better than Cleveland in all things.

cdyhybrid

Fuck Greece and fuck Germany.

Suck my giant French dick you biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitches!

Civ 5

#DisrespectThursday

WanderingWind

Except Buffalo has the longest streak of non-playoffs.

Even longer than the Browns.

That's embarrassing.

So embarrassing.

Shhh. Nobody wants to hear your version of whatever bullshit metric PFF has come up with this week to generate controversial articles.

You know, I´m so old I lived through enough bad seasons, that it doesn´t really bother me anymore. But, no matter how bad/ridiculous/sad some of those years were, you could always without a doubt put a poster of one of your favorite players / faces of the franchise on your kids bedroom wall.
If we really take that rapist shit, that's over with. Then we sold our soul.

PS: At least we have a Superb Owl title to remember, when another lousy season rolls around. How do you cope??
What type of trade would you be cool with? I think Winston could be a good QB but he's far from a sure thing. He has the physical tools and understands the game but his maturity level seems child like. How he'd deal with 10-13 losses this year would be another issue. I think I'd probably prefer to trade the pick and improve depth.

Can't imagine why the Dolphins would want to get into the top 10 unless they really want White or Cooper.

Either way this stupid rumor is giving me Dion Jordan flashbacks. :(

Top Bottom