• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Farooq

Banned
@jonmachota
Would Cowboys trade picks for a RB (Adrian Peterson)? Stephen Jones on 105.3: "I don't see us using any picks to trade for veteran players."

Should put an end to the rumors.

Edit: Full Stephen Jones quote.

I think draft picks are so important for us. That’s where your value is in this salary cap era. I see us using all of our picks and hopefully do it in a good, wise way. Hopefully when the draft is all said and done, we’ll have really improved our football team.

I don’t see us using any picks to trade for veteran ballplayers.

Brings a tear to my eye... So responsible.

This is true.

The most successful team out of the AFC East since 2000 was probably the Jets when they went to the AFC championship.

Basically I'm saying is that the Bears and VIkings > Jets and Dolphins.

And now I'm defending the Bears and Vikings, fuck you people!
Dolphins beat the Bears and Vikings last year and were one former GB offensive coordinator away from beating the Packers.

I don't think the AFC East is much worse than the NFC North. It's no AFC North, though.

Also the damn Bills swept your division last year...

This is true.

The most successful team out of the AFC East since 2000 was probably the Jets when they went to the AFC championship.

Basically I'm saying is that the Bears and VIkings > Jets and Dolphins.

And now I'm defending the Bears and Vikings, fuck you people!

B-b-b-b-but Suh! He will kill Tom Brady!
No seriously, he'll probably try to.

zychi

Banned
2015-04-21-TebowEagles.png

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Dolphins beat the Bears and Vikings last year and were one former GB offensive coordinator away from beating the Packers.

I don't think the AFC East is much worse than the NFC North. It's no AFC North, though.

Okay but understand I'm basing my comparison since the Tammy/Belicheat era started. Both the Vikings and Bears had some far better teams than whatever the Jets and Dolphins came up with in that stretch. I'm viewing the Bills and Lions as a wash because whatever.

I'm definitely not arguing the NFC North is as good as other divisions at all though. NFC North is trash and there have been some really trashy Green Bay teams that won the division a few seasons for sure.

Farooq

Banned
Because there is no source more reliable than team executives talking about their intentions for the draft a week before it happens.

I don't know. The Jones' have always been pretty candid about their intentions and their philosophies. They have been candid about the status of their own players, the needs of their team and how they planned to address those needs.

When an executive tells you he is philosophically opposed to trading draft picks for veteran players, why wouldn't you believe him?

zychi

Banned
Okay but understand I'm basing my comparison since the Tammy/Belicheat era started. Both the Vikings and Bears had some far better teams than whatever the Jets and Dolphins came up with in that stretch. I'm viewing the Bills and Lions as a wash because whatever.

I'm definitely not arguing the NFC North is as good as other divisions at all though. NFC North is trash and there have been some really trashy Green Bay teams that won the division a few seasons for sure.
two teams from the nfc north have made it to the super bowl in the last decade. Only 1 in the afc south.

Pretty simple.

zychi

Banned
I don't know. The Jones' have always been pretty candid about their intentions and their philosophies. They have been candid about the status of their own players, the needs of their team and how they planned to address those needs.

When an executive tells you he is philosophically opposed to trading draft picks for veteran players, why wouldn't you believe him?
In this case, to lower the cost of AP when he decides to sit out for the Vikes

Fair enough. The majority of Brady's career the AFC East has sucked, that is for sure. They seem to be getting a little better but half the teams still don't have a QB so...

In current times I don't know if I'd rather be the Pats or Packers in terms of division strength. I think it's close to a wash.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Fair enough. The majority of Brady's career the AFC East has sucked, that is for sure. They seem to be getting a little better but half the teams still don't have a QB so...

In current times I don't know if I'd rather be the Pats or Packers in terms of division strength. I think it's close to a wash.

The Pats will be irrelevant in 3 years so it'll be interesting to see how that impacts the AFC East.

It's probably a wash these days though. Bears and Vikings are so bad right now and Detroit is gonna Detroit. I might actually put the Dolphins over Detroit so I'd rather be Green Bay right now.

Bears made it to a Super Bowl as recently as 2007. They were threatening for a good part of the early 2000s as well. In 2005 they were considered one of the top 3 teams in the league.

Vikings were 1 game away from the Super Bowl with Favre in 2009 and likely would have won it if they made it.

edit: misread the tone of your post.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lions/Broncos on Thanksgiving? I'll take that.

Don't forget how close we were to beating the Lions! I still can't believe we gave those two games away...

I hope he does

Me too.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow--Stafford lost a TON of weight this offseason.

CDIXx97WIAQs5O6.jpg:large

Also, Lions inept offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi stated repeatedly that Stafford and Ebron were already working out together this offseason.

Stafford today insists he hasn't worked with Ebron at all and won't until July. Lombardi continues to be terrible.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's amazing what a little smoke, mirriors, baggy shirt, makeup, camera tricks, and photoshop can do to make a person look a little thinner!

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 28m28 minutes ago
Source said #Packers will retire Favre's number vs. Bears Thanksgiving night at Lambeau Field. Game is on NBC.

Fox318

Wow--Stafford lost a TON of weight this offseason.

CDIXx97WIAQs5O6.jpg:large

Also, Lions inept offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi stated repeatedly that Stafford and Ebron were already working out together this offseason.

Stafford today insists he hasn't worked with Ebron at all and won't until July. Lombardi continues to be terrible.

6wyxPV9.jpg

Top Bottom