• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

squicken

Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest 15m
Deacon Jones, also in '09 LA Times piece: "The headslap was not my invention, but Rembrandt, of course, did not invent painting."

Amazing quote

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
RIP Deacon Jones

Happy BDay bucket

Pats fans get a bad rap. Steelers and Niners fans are much worse.

Plus, owning them helps.

ms2pJRF.jpg

Milchjon

College coaches are dickheads:

Q: What is the craziest thing that has happened to you since you've been named the nation's No. 1 recruit?

Hand: Well, I ain't gonna say any names, but one coach told me that since I'm the No. 1 player, I'm gonna get to meet Michael Jackson. I said, "Isn't he already dead?" The coach goes, "Well, all right, you can meet Tito." I was like, all right. OK, I'm done.

It was crazy, but it is what it is.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
i saw a girl at lunch today in chipotle who looked pretty cute. not much in the way of titties and not much meat on her bones but cute. then she turned and faced me and i saw a seachickens shirt. i've never committed violence against a woman but it took all the will in my body not to coldcock her. then as we were leaving i saw she had a seachickens license plate frame. disgusting
Thug fan of a thug roster.

bionic77

Happy birthday Bucket. Did you get anything for your birthday?

If you have no one in your life and no one got you shit then I will chip in towards the 5-10 dollars it takes to get a high end sconi hooker.

Also speaking of Gronk it's pretty much agreed that he will fuck anything with a vagina right? Does anyone know if he ever made a move on Tammy?

Florio is making a good point about this Raiders thing. How much power can McKenzie have if Davis can just sack one of his guys because of some perceived slight?

Milchjon

Also speaking of Gronk it's pretty much agreed that he will fuck anything with a vagina right? Does anyone know if he ever made a move on Tammy?

I know that being non-discriminatory is a foreign concept to you, but Gronk loves every single human being so much, he even offered to fuck Tebow!

bionic77

I know that being non-discriminatory is a foreign concept to you, but Gronk loves every single human being so much, he even offered to fuck Tebow!
Tebow turned down billions of hot, willing sluts for his religion.

You really think he would throw that all away for a night with that disease ridden Patriot?

:lol

Then again you guys think Brady has a penis so in general you must be pretty gullible.

YEAH BOY WOO WOOOOOO

Happy birthday Bucket. For your birthday I am sending you Xanex because you need to buck up little soldier, just remember that shitty game you like so much is out soon.

I would think that would be a sad moment for him. Once the game is out no more marketing dollars will be coming into him.

squicken

Florio is making a good point about this Raiders thing. How much power can McKenzie have if Davis can just sack one of his guys because of some perceived slight?

Michael Silver wrote a column about it yesterday. Silver isn't a big Reggie fan, and for some reason loves Hue Jackson. He also keeps comparing the Raiders to the Redskins and Colts, as teams that were in cap hell that had quick turn-arounds. It's shockingly bad analysis to not see the clear difference in QBs, though I don't think Allen is much of a coach either.

I am super excited to see what they do with the fantasia game. I love Disney stuff and I am a huge Harmonix fan. The idea of combining Dance Central and Rock Band and using a much more accurate Kinect sounds like it could be really interesting. Hope we get to see more about it at E3.

Milchjon

RIP Deacon Jones. Just read the news this morning.:(

That Fantasia game has the most cringe worthy trailer I've seen in a long time.

Bruno Mars + Dubstep + Kinect + Disney?

It's like they've been scrambling to come up with something that sounds so bad, it will take away the focus from DRM and privacy :jnc

In Harmonix we trust

Yeah.....

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 10m

JPP needed multiple injections to get through last year with his back injury. That should explain how much pain he was playing through.

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN 9m

A source confirms Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul is undergoing back surgery in Los Angeles today. He likely will begin training camp on PUP.

So Hynoski down and now JPP. Some early word is he'll be ready for week 1 but I take that with a grain of salt.

Will Burge ‏@WillBurge 10m
Breaking #Browns: Sources -Trent Richardson out til August. Team worried leg injury could develop into stress fracture. Story coming soon
omg i almost just broke down and started crying at work
edit: i guess its really not that big of a deal, ill carry on!

Eagles have announced the training camp schedule. The practices at the link will be open to the public. Season ticket holders get first shots at tickets. I cant wait to go on July 28th to the first practice. It is going to be awesome seeing a Chip practice in person and see how it compares to all the Reid practices I have been to over the years.

squicken

Wow that's tough news to wake up to BG and FV. Sucks to have guys go down in the offseason. As far as Trent, I would forever be scared of Bama players. Saban is killing their NFL careers with those practices

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wow that's tough news to wake up to BG and FV. Sucks to have guys go down in the offseason. As far as Trent, I would forever be scared of Bama players. Saban is killing their NFL careers with those practices

At this rate Saban will go down as the greatest college coach in history so I know he doesn't care especially when his players continue to get drafted in the first round so often.

That said, I'm not expecting the world from Eddie Lacy either.

squicken

I had forgot that Couglin ripped JPP for being fat last year. Guy took shots in his back all season to get through it. Not a good look for the coach

edit:
Chase Stuart ‏@fbgchase
Apparently every NY writer only has sources on the Jets, as no one knew JPP was having back surgery until it happened

haha Good point. Giants keep their house in order, or media are more afraid of losing access

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I had forgot that Couglin ripped JPP for being fat last year. Guy took shots in his back all season to get through it. Not a good look for the coach

Ehhhh.....guy won two Super Bowls. Coughlin would have to really mess up to damage his legacy at this point (like getting caught cheating!)

bionic77

Ehhhh.....guy won two Super Bowls. Coughlin would have to really mess up to damage his legacy at this point (like getting caught cheating!)
Normally I am against cheating but I will make a one time exception for the Giants last two SB wins if they did cheat!

And thanks to Goodells work with the Pats now we have the blueprint for the coverup!

Striker

JPP news sucks. Must have been bad enough that he waited until June to dial it up. I'm not convinced he'll be 100% this year, if he even would last all season long. I would rather see him healthy again from 2014 and going forward. Reese has been signing a lot of DL this off-season and picked up two fairly productive DL in the draft as well. There's just gotta be guys like Tuck and Jenkins to step up in a big way. At least it settles Kiwanuka back into his natural position at DE, but losing your best defensive player by far would really bite.

Milchjon

We all know helmet catches don't just happen. I don't even wanna know how many young women Coughlin had to sacrifice.

Have they cracked the Long Island hooker case yet?

JPP news sucks. Must have been bad enough that he waited until June to dial it up. I'm not convinced he'll be 100% this year, if he even would last all season long. I would rather see him healthy again from 2014 and going forward. Reese has been signing a lot of DL this off-season and picked up two fairly productive DL in the draft as well. There's just gotta be guys like Tuck and Jenkins to step up in a big way. At least it settles Kiwanuka back into his natural position at DE, but losing your best defensive player by far would really bite.
Seems like he was trying to manage and rehab it instead of opting for surgery. The rehab didn't go well and here we are. I agree with the preference to see him healthy later rather than sooner. The last thing I'd want is to see is him rushed back and hurt even worse. Kiwi is definitely taking his spot if he can't be ready for the opener. The depth at DE will be tested early. It'll be interesting to see what we have in Tracy, Ojomo and Demontre Moore.

Eagles and Patriots to have joint training camp practices:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...iots-will-hold-joint-training-camp-practices/

The Eagles announced Tuesday that they will have two days of joint practices with the Patriots during training camp ahead of the preseason game between the two teams on August 9. Season ticket holders will be randomly invited to visit the practices, which will take place on August 6 and 7 at the Eagles’ facility.

Commence the "hide your cameras" jokes.;)

Top Bottom