• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

squicken

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/ar...ulations/908bf9be-181f-46a6-9b76-c632ea671dbc

The Bills are upset they are playing five games against teams coming off a bye. That does seem a little unfair, since they also led the league in such games last year. They have 3 of those against division foes

The National Football League has a history of being very vigilant in maintaining a level playing field. This however, appears to be a scheduling anomaly that has gone undetected.

It’s very difficult to call the NFL a league of parity when there’s one team with half of their division games against clubs with extra time to rest and prepare, while another in the same division has none. The league simply has to do better.

----

Earl Thomas says Harbs is "salty" about losing to SEA last year

On if he is as angry as Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner is regarding the comments made by 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh:

“I’m not as angry. I don’t really care about what a coach says. I think he’s a little salty from that beatdown when they came to Seattle. Browner and [Richard Sherman], they have their own way of doing things. I have my own way of doing things.”

On 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh’s comments regarding the Seahawks’ PED issues:

“It’s the offseason. He’s probably bored. I don’t know. I don’t what’s going on through his mind or whatever. Obviously it’s a rivalry between us and you’re going to take a shot.”

On if Jim Harbaugh’s comments make the rivalry between the Seahawks and 49ers better:

“Football is football at the end of the day. I don’t know. It’s just media…It gives you something to talk about and I guess he enjoys being in the spotlight or seeing his name on TV, or something like that.”

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seaha...on-harbaugh-and-peds-and-the-seattle-defense/

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/ar...ulations/908bf9be-181f-46a6-9b76-c632ea671dbc

The Bills are upset they are playing five games against teams coming off a bye. That does seem a little unfair, since they also led the league in such games last year. They have 3 of those against division foes

That is total bullshit. There is so much parity in the NFL now, if you give teams an extra week to prepare that is a big advantage. Sucks it is probably to late to fix.

Squicken should enjoy this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/19/saints-think-they-found-a-sleeper-in-jason-smith/

“I think oftentimes, you take a peek at a player that was selected as high as he was and graded out as high as he was,” Saints coach Sean Payton said, via Mike Triplett of the New Orleans Times-Picayune. “He is a tremendous worker and has athletic ability.

“So it’s another opportunity, and it’s oftentimes you are able to get a player maybe his second time around or third time around that can come in and find a niche."

What does Smith have to say?

“Upon the moment I received salvation, I understood that my calling is now to suffer, just like Christ did. That’s who I am,” Smith said. “So therefore, what I went through, my experiences, whether it be football or life, it brought me to a point of patience. So with patience I have experience, and with experience I have hope. And hope makes me not ashamed of what I went through.

“So everything I went through has made me who I am as a person. As far as the football stuff, it’s still a day-to-day deal. As far as my life, it’s a day-to-day deal. So I desire to know God’s heart. That’s what my focus is.”

Martyr syndrome much?

squicken

eznark

Banned
nlbFozA.jpg

lol Miami fans...

Holy fuck yes, a Bucks Ray Ray jersey!!

----

Earl Thomas says Harbs is "salty" about losing to SEA last year

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seaha...on-harbaugh-and-peds-and-the-seattle-defense/

I like how the meat heads in Seattle are so outraged with harbs. What did he say that wasn't true? Brandon Browner DID cheat. He didn't even appeal it! Harbs said play straight and don't cheat. But I'm sure it's difficult for the chickens to understand the situation. A cheater is always mad when he is called out for being a cheater

Milchjon

You only care about the Patriots because you feel like the refs screwed you. Not sure what that has to do with the fans but then again, Raiders fans have never been rational about the Tuck Rule, for good reason.

I don't think Chan has an actual reason. He just likes to be part of the majority. :p

ChanHuk

Banned
You only care about the Patriots because you feel like the refs screwed you. Not sure what that has to do with the fans but then again, Raiders fans have never been rational about the Tuck Rule, for good reason.

I don't know you, but feel free to jump off a bridge you inbred Pats lover.

MechDX

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 3m
"I'm not going to let you talk about my quarterback that way" Andre Johnson smiling to Steven A (who also didn't seem to know about Hopkins)
Expand

Anyone watching First Take and see this? Wondering what was said.

squicken

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Per WBZ-TV in Boston, Pats TE Aaron Hernandez has not been ruled out as a suspect in murder case http://wp.me/p14QSB-9ck9

Move along folks nothing to see here

I like how the meat heads in Seattle are so outraged with harbs. What did he say that wasn't true? Brandon Browner DID cheat. He didn't even appeal it! Harbs said play straight and don't cheat. But I'm sure it's difficult for the chickens to understand the situation. A cheater is always mad when he is called out for being a cheater

Week 2 is already one of the can't miss games of the year. I hope you guys don't lose by 50 points again

So let me get this straight:

Not only is Gronkowski riddled with STD's to the point he had to have back surgery to prevent them from reaching his brain, but now Aaron Hernandez is a murderer too? Jeez.

MechDX

So let me get this straight:

Not only is Gronkowski riddled with STD's to the point he had to have back surgery to prevent them from reaching his brain, but now Aaron Hernandez is a murderer too? Jeez.

Stop accusing people without their due diligence! BTW here is a shot of the front of Hernandez's house this morning:

cn_image.size.oj-simpson-ford-bronco.jpg

Milchjon

Hey somebody killed that guy, why not have it be the Pats player. What is wrong with me is the Pats cheated and stole from the American public. After what they did I will always wish the worst on them.

Do you even read what you're writing? Even if we disregard the fact that Hernandez has only been in the league since 2010, "I hope [famous sports star] is a murderer" probably marks the low point of what I've read on GAF in quite some time.

TheFatOne

Wait...Aaron Hernandez killed someone?!?
No real evidence at the moment. There was a car rented in his name at the scene I believe. The only link to the guy from Hernandez is that he was dating his girlfriend's sister. I will try to give you guys updates if I can.
Edit: Also one news outlet is reporting that he is currently not cooperating. Not surprised by that. My guess is that he is lawyering up.

Do you even read what you're writing? Even if we disregard the fact that Hernandez has only been in the league since 2010, "I hope [famous sports star] is a murderer" probably marks the low point of what I've read on GAF in quite some time.

Dont worry the commish wouldnt even suspend him even if he was caught red handed. Also this has nothing to do with Hernadez I just want the Pats to be horrible.

Milchjon

Dont worry the commish wouldnt even suspend him even if he was caught red handed. Also this has nothing to do with Hernadez I just want the Pats to be horrible.

"I wish Eli Manning molested 5 month olds. Has nothing to do with Eli, but my team just doesn't seem to be able to beat him".

Does this type of argument not seem completely insane to you? It's only sports, but you're actually rooting for someone to be a murderer because he's good at said sport?

"I wish Eli Manning molested 5 month olds. Has nothing to do with Eli, but my team just doesn't seem to be able to beat him".

Does this type of argument not seem completely insane to you? It's only sports, but you're actually rooting for someone to be a murderer because he's good at said sport?

Fine I hope he didnt kill that guy, but if he did I hope they throw the book at him. Better?

You example really isnt the same at all. I dont wish the guy was murdered, nor would I wish any kids were molested. If someone has to be killed/molested then I hope that who ever did it gets caught and punished. If that hurts my enemies then all the better.

Bread

Banned

jealousy does weird things to people

Fantomex

No real evidence at the moment. There was a car rented in his name at the scene I believe. The only link to the guy from Hernandez is that he was dating his girlfriend's sister. I will try to give you guys updates if I can.
Edit: Also one news outlet is reporting that he is currently not cooperating. Not surprised by that. My guess is that he is lawyering up.

I hope the dude had nothing to do with it. I hate the Pats, but Jail sucks. I've watched The Wire.

jealousy does weird things to people

Except no one is jealous of the Pats at all. People point and laugh at them for "winning" 3 SB's in 4 years and then not one single SB since they lost their cameras. You cant play the jealousy card at all when the team in question is a fucking laughing stock.

Colasante

Except no one is jealous of the Pats at all. People point and laugh at them for "winning" 3 SB's in 4 years and then not one single SB since they lost their cameras. You cant play the jealousy card at all when the team in question is a fucking laughing stock.

Come on, man. Really?

Come on, man. Really?

Really. If he had said people were jealous right after they "won" the 3 SB's then yes definitely, but now that they have gone almost 10 years without a SB and those 10 years exactly coinside with the NFL exposing their cheating I dont see how anyone can claim that people are jealous of their success. Hell the Ravens have won a SB just last year and you never hear anyone say that football fans are jealous of the Ravens franchise.

squicken

All I needed was one tweet to put together the entire timeline yesterday. I'm like Batman

Apparently the victim and Hernandez were dating a pair of sisters

Top Bottom