• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't get it, hairy Indian chicks are Steelers fans?

Ben can probably dig it if he has enough Bud Lights at the Under 21 club.

Amazing speed but no technique. He will pick off poorly thrown passes just b/c he can react so fast. But I was watching that Rams Cards game and they went right at him. Not just Amendola. Gibson too. The Cards acted like he was Revis and put him on an island and rolled coverage to other side. He couldn't hack it.

Granted the Rams suck and would just let Daryl Washington come unblocked every other play, but they looked good until Amendola almost died. Given the Pats problems with their Gronk and Hernandez's health that will probably now happen in NE

That preseason SB curse stuff is silly. The thing that could catch up to SF is all the extra games they have played the last two years. Always that one year for perennial playoff teams where it seems like they just get savage by injuries

Peterson is that new type of cornerback that just has the raw size and speed to disrupt the receivers' catch radius. Seattle could probably do some interesting things with him.

Peterson is that new type of cornerback that just has the raw size and speed to disrupt the receivers' catch radius. Seattle could probably do some interesting things with him.

have you watched him play? he doesn't really disrupt anything, he takes poor angles on tackles and doesn't have very good instinct. unless of course he is amazing in the other 12 or so games i don't watch him in per year

have you watched him play? he doesn't really disrupt anything, he takes poor angles on tackles and doesn't have very good instinct. unless of course he is amazing in the other 12 or so games i don't watch him in per year

From what i've seen he's very good at handfighting with receivers of similar height, and a great ball locator. Sucks with lateral movement and shiftiness, which is why Amendola ate his lunch..

Godslay

Banned
Dysert bitch!

ib0aI279LafyVK.jpg

squicken

why has crabtree absolutely torched him everytime we've played the cards then?

We know the truth b/c really, who else ever sees the Cards play? Rams went right at him with Gibson and Amendola. Just like ATL went right after Dick Sherman. These NFCW CBs are a lot more rep than skill, though at least with Sherman he will shut down WRs w/o good speed

bionic77

I don't get it, hairy Indian chicks are Steelers fans?

Ben can probably dig it if he has enough Bud Lights at the Under 21 club.
When you have one of the largest fanbases and are accepting of people regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, weight or body hair you are going to get a few uggos.

I am sure she is still beautiful on the inside.

There is no one type of Steeler fans. Unlike the Ravens (criminals), Niners (hipsters), Packers (fat racists) or the Patriots (reptilian euros) you can't really stereotype us.

P.S. As nasty as that Indian chicks pits were, it is nothing compared to seeing a redhead chick who doesn't shave there. I saw a redhead's armpit hair in college and life was never the same.

Fantomex

So I got that interview tomorrow morning and I picked up a new light grey suit. Pretty sharp.

My problem is deciding which dress shirt to wear. I know tradition dictates that I wear something very neutral.

I'm leaning between two options:

A traditional white shirt and a navy blue tie. (Boring but conservative)

A powder blue shirt with subtle orange square windows and a blue tie with diagonal orange pinstripes.

Just like you do with the Bikings every season, go with the loud hype!

bionic77

So I got that interview tomorrow morning and I picked up a new light grey suit. Pretty sharp.

My problem is deciding which dress shirt to wear. I know tradition dictates that I wear something very neutral.

I'm leaning between two options:

A traditional white shirt and a navy blue tie. (Boring but conservative)

A powder blue shirt with subtle orange square windows and a blue tie with diagonal orange pinstripes.
Go shirtless with a Vikings tie.

Honestly the shirt won't fucking matter.

Yeah fuck it. I'm going swag.

If it comes down to them not hiring me because they thought my shirt was too showy then I probably did a shit job in the interview.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
When you have one of the largest fanbases and are accepting of people regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, weight or body hair you are going to get a few uggos.

There is no one type of Steeler fans. Unlike the Ravens (criminals), Niners (hipsters), Packers (fat racists) or the Patriots (reptilian euros) you can't really stereotype us.

P.S. As nasty as that Indian chicks pits were, it is nothing compared to seeing a redhead chick who doesn't shave there. I saw a redhead's armpit hair in college and life was never the same.

In all seriousness, what's the deal with every member of the military being all about the Steelers? You can find a ridiculous amount of Steelers gear in every military town.

Yeah fuck it. I'm going swag.

If it comes down to them not hiring me because they thought my shirt was too showy then I probably did a shit job in the interview.

What kind of a company are we talking here? If that is already too showy, it will have to be one boring ass office.

Good luck either way! Channel your inner-AD!

Go shirtless with a Vikings tie.

Honestly the shirt won't fucking matter.

Shirtless ®!

cdyhybrid

Where the hell did you go to college?

i remember my last interview. it was in 2006 and i had a good discussion with my future boss about why the niners were on a rocket ship to mars and how alex smith would turn out much better than eli and alex would win a superbowl before eli.

also a few years later there was this dude interviewing for a job and i got to sit in on it. he was interviewing with a lady who was a big angels fan and so she asked him oh do you like sports, what are your hobbies, whatever. so he says oh i'm a big time dodgers fan. and she says dodgers!? booo angels!

so he completely bitches out and says oh oh oh oh well the angels are my AL team! you see! i like the angels too! he did get the job and we became friends but to this day i still call him a fraud for that. i guess you do what it takes to get a job but there is a line you can't cross

Milchjon

i remember my last interview. it was in 2006 and i had a good discussion with my future boss about why the niners were on a rocket ship to mars and how alex smith would turn out much better than eli and alex would win a superbowl before eli.

I hope prognostications and stats aren't part of your job!

bionic77

Where the hell did you go to college?
Oberlin (in Ohio).

Liberal as fuck. Blew my mind in the 90s. God only knows what they are doing there these days. Back in my day they had coed showers and female armpit hair. Who knows what crazy shit is going in in 2013.

Steelers Rookie Camp Observations said:
Day 2 — the final day that the Steelers rookie camp is open to the media — started to reveal some players that have a legit shot of either making the 53-man roster, or at least being an option for the practice squad.

This is what I saw:

*Le’Veon Bell wasn’t able to show his power-running style during a pad-less practice, but the rookie second-round pick out of Michigan State sure showed his skill set. During a scramble, Oklahoma rookie quarterback Landry Jones flung the ball awkwardly in the flat to Bell, who plucked the ball out of the air with one hand. Later on, Bell showed some nimble feet when broke through the line of scrimmage and made a move on safety Andrew Taglianetti that almost broke the ankles of the rookie safety out of Pitt, who is on a three-day tryout with the Steelers. Very impressive so far, but let’s be honest here. He’s not being judged against NFL-caliber competition yet.

* It was yet another day of struggles for Jones. Now, his passes looked a little more crisp than Friday and he actually did complete a few during 7-on-7, but it also wasn’t pretty at times. Two passes in particular where awful by Jones. First, he tried to dump off a pass to diminutive USC running back Curtis McNeal after going through his progressions, but instead, he threw the ball right into the belly of WVU rookie linebacker Terrence Gavin for an easy score. Later on, Jones badly overthrew tight end Jamie McCoy across the middle that was intercepted by Pitt cornerback Jarred Holley. Like I said, it wasn’t all bad for Jones. He ran a couple designed waggles where he looked nimble, but again struggled with his accuracy. I know it hasn’t looked good for Jones in two days, but it has only been two days. He will get better, there is no doubt about that.

* First-year cornerback Isaiah Green out of Fresno State might be somebody to look out for. He intercepted a pass from Purdue QB Caleb Terbush intended for UConn first-year receiver Kashif Moore. Green followed that up a few plays later with by breaking up a pass down field.

* Rookie right tackle Mike Golic Jr. is a little undersized but was pretty physical on Northern Illinois rookie linebacker Alan Baxter. Penn State and Shady Side Academy tackle Mike Farrell looks like he might have a shot as well. Speaking of Farrell, I had a chance to talk to him for a couple minutes and he told me that Bill O’Brien‘s pro-style offense last year at PSU has helped him out tremendously during rookie camp.

* Standing out were Syracuse safety and fourth-round pick Shamarko Thomas during gunner drills; Utah rookie receiver Reggie Dunn and his crazy speed; fifth-rounder Terry Hawthorne and his smoothness at right corner; and the power and potential of first-year linebacker Marshall McFadden.

squicken

I said before the draft that Landry would not be ready to play early in the year. Hopefully Steelers fans don't have skewed expectations. He needs some development on a lot of basics that he got really sloppy with at OU

edit: cool picture but I'm not sure it's such a good idea flaunting the city's penis like that. Bad guys didn't appreciate it last time

Fox318

I said before the draft that Landry would not be ready to play early in the year. Hopefully Steelers fans don't have skewed expectations. He needs some development on a lot of basics that he got really sloppy with at OU

edit: cool picture but I'm not sure it's such a good idea flaunting the city's penis like that. Bad guys didn't appreciate it last time

fuck what those assholes want. They should have built the tower out everything that they hate.

Ben doesn't usually get injured until midway through the season anyway :p

Joking aside I doubt Jones will even see a snap this or next season unless it's an emergency. Steelers signed the grad for a reason.

squicken

fuck what those assholes want. They should have built the tower out everything that they hate.

I'm with you, brother.

Perhaps someone tapped Ryan Clark on the shoulder to remind the 33-year-old that he's scheduled to face Brady in Week 9, because the damage control came quick. Visiting ESPN again on Thursday, Clark was thrown a softball right down the middle, asked to name the NFL's toughest quarterback to deal with.

"I have to go with the greatest living American, and that's Tom Brady," Clark said, via WEEI-FM.
"You know, I said what I said, and I do believe it, and it's true. But when this guy has the opportunity to set up and throw the ball to his receivers, there's nobody better at pinpointing guys out and making plays for his team."

Meier

Forgot to comment on this yesterday, but I'm sad to see Ronde go. I think he was still playing at a high level for us and we won't be able to replace him easily. A well deserved retirement though.. should absolutely be a first ballot HOFer. His production was just about unparalleled. Most sacks for a DB in NFL history (28), most consecutive starts at CB in NFL history (200), 2nd most tackles for a DB in NFL history (1,428), 4th most non-offensive TDs in NFL history (14), 5x All-Pro. As good as it gets.

6a01348745e23f970c0147e2e8fb5d970b-200pi
6a01348745e23f970c0147e2e8fb5d970b-200pi

Maclin says Vick is the 1st team QB for the Eagles:

"Right now, you've got Mike going with the ones and Nick (Foles) sprinkling in some reps here and there," Maclin said on Thursday during his Mother's Day Miracles event at Lincoln Financial Field.

Of course, it's May 10 and the first regular season game is not until September 9. New head coach Chip Kelly has stressed that the quarterback position is an open competition refusing to name a starter.

The Mother's Day Miracles event was hosted by the Jeremy Maclin Foundation. The fifth-year wide receiver honored mothers with surprise gifts and a Mother's Day that they will never forget.

Maclin was fortunate to have the love of two mothers growing up. His biological mother, Cleo, was a single mother of three. During a difficult stretch in his childhood, Maclin moved in with the family of his youth football coach, Jeff Parres, and his wife, Cindy.

"I knew how much this day meant because I saw the struggles my real mom had growing up. I saw it; I witnessed it; I lived it. I always tried to do a little something (for Mother's Day) whether it was something I made in school or something I was able to grab for a few bucks. I always tried to do something. I know this is a very important and special day."

Sounds like it will be Vick's job to lose. Not that anyone is surpried by that. I dont think there is anyway Foles wins the job, so it will come down to Vick and Barkley, and I dont think Matt will be ready day 1.

Dragon

Banned
Disgustingly worded but both this and his previous statements have a lot of truth to them.

EDIT: Had that cool effect going on this morning where the clouds are settled into the valleys so I snapped a few pictures:

Lucky bastard!

Reminds me of going to Asheville, NC for my friend's wedding and hiking the day of in the mountains. Certainly puts things in perspective.

Talon

His production was just about unparalleled. Most socks for a DB in NFL history (28), most consecutive starts at CB in NFL history (200), 2nd most tackles for a DB in NFL history (1,428), 4th most non-offensive TDs in NFL history (14), 5x All-Pro. As good as it gets.
I have more socks.

Top Bottom