• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

squicken

Gronk has an immune system, it's just too busy fighting off all of the STDs everywhere else than to worry about the ones in his arm

Lucky bastard!

Reminds me of going to Asheville, NC for my friend's wedding and hiking the day of in the mountains. Certainly puts things in perspective.

Asheville's beautiful
blue-ridge-parkway--asheville-nc-craggy-gardens-overlook-dave-allen.jpg

(Even though the last time I was there it was freezing with snow and freezing rain blowing sideways into my face at 40 mph)

Gronk has an immune system, it's just too busy fighting off all of the STDs everywhere else than to worry about the ones in his arm

:jnc

I'm joining you! Looks amazing.
Sounds good, I guess I better start working out since it'll obviously be a shirtless gathering.

Lucky bastard!

Reminds me of going to Asheville, NC for my friend's wedding and hiking the day of in the mountains. Certainly puts things in perspective.
Asheville is great. I live about an hour away and my wife and I stayed at a bed and breakfast there for our first anniversary. It's a really youthful town, lots of stuff to do there.

Virginia in the summer....Dat Sticky Weather Doe.
It's only springtime right now, though! Virginia's climate changes like crazy from East to West. Out near the coast it's all swampy, flat, and humid, but it's not that bad out here. Certainly not compared to Florida humidity, that's for sure.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...st-nfl-rivalries-of-2013?campaign=Twitter_atl

NFL's best rivalries. SF-SEA #1 as it should be. CHI-GB gets the predictable placement even though no one cares anymore since CHI never wins
I'll never forget that night. Stationed in a Los Angeles sports bar, I watched as a perspiring, cherry-red-sweater-vest-wearing 49ers fan screamed at the top of his lungs at Russell Wilson: "Make it stop! MAKE. IT. STOP."
*nods*

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...st-nfl-rivalries-of-2013?campaign=Twitter_atl

NFL's best rivalries. SF-SEA #1 as it should be. CHI-GB gets the predictable placement even though no one cares anymore since CHI never wins

Don't see how it's number 1 yet. Hasn't produced 1 interesting game. It'll need another year or two to really get going. Ravens/Patriots is a better rivalry as of right now.

Bu bu bu bu steelers ravens

All good things come to an end.

squicken

Don't see how it's number 1 yet. Hasn't produced 1 interesting game. It'll need another year or two to really get going. Ravens/Patriots is a better rivalry as of right now.

All good things come to an end.

Every single article Sando puts up on the NFCW blog, it can be about parking at the Cardinals rookie camp, will immediately devolve into Wilson/Kap/Harbs/Cheatin' Pete/Baalke/Schneider stroking contests and bickering. Doubt there are two fan bases who hate each other as much.

Browns fans hate Ravens but Ravens don't care. Packers fans laugh at Bears fans. Steelers-Ravens could be close but so few Ravens fans have daily internet access. Total mutual hate with Chickens-49ers

First time we made the Super Bowl in a generation we won the game. Can't say the same for the "relevant" 49ers.

It's not how you start but how you finish. Steelers have become absolute garbage in record time and allowed a bum like erron to win a title. Niners are just getting started with a qb who couldn't rape if he tried because you can't rape the willing and a once in a generation coach.

Steelers are stuck with an overweight rapist at qb and a puppet at coach. How sad :(

Every single article Sando puts up on the NFCW blog, it can be about parking at the Cardinals rookie camp, will immediately devolve into Wilson/Kap/Harbs/Cheatin' Pete/Baalke/Schneider stroking contests and bickering. Doubt there are two fan bases who hate each other as much.

Browns fans hate Ravens but Ravens don't care. Packers fans laugh at Bears fans. Steelers-Ravens could be close but so few Ravens fans have daily internet access. Total mutual hate with Chickens-49ers

Hatred doesn't necessarily facilitate a great rivalry though. So far their hate is regional. Neither team has been relevant long enough for the rest of the league to notice, and as I said not one noteworthy game has been played between them. Personally, I thought Rams/Niners was more interesting, at least last year.

Also, that list has Pats/Jets on it. Hard to take seriously. Jets are a joke of a franchise.

It's not how you start but how you finish. Steelers have become absolute garbage in record time and allowed a bum like erron to win a title. Niners are just getting started with a qb who couldn't rape if he tried because you can't rape the willing and a once in a generation coach.

Steelers are stuck with an overweight rapist at qb and a puppet at coach. How sad :(
We both know Kap is more interested in fucking himself than anyone else.

squicken

Hatred doesn't necessarily facilitate a great rivalry though. So far their hate is regional. Neither team has been relevant long enough for the rest of the league to notice, and as I said not one noteworthy game has been played between them. Personally, I thought Rams/Niners was more interesting, at least last year.

Also, that list has Pats/Jets on it. Hard to take seriously. Jets are a joke of a franchise.

We both know Kap is more interested in fucking himself than anyone else.

Most national writers I follow sure talk up SF-SEA. Thing about the old rivalries, kids today don't stay interested in bad teams. When was the last time we had a Cowboys fan in here? If a team has a long period of being bad then kids won't follow that team.

Dog-on-a-jetski_large.gif

Chris Wesseling ‏@ChrisWesseling
NFL Films' @gregcosell agrees with @Rapsheet: "You can take it to the bank" that Brandon Weeden will be Browns' starting QB.

effzee

Maclin says Vick is the 1st team QB for the Eagles:

Sounds like it will be Vick's job to lose. Not that anyone is surpried by that. I dont think there is anyway Foles wins the job, so it will come down to Vick and Barkley, and I dont think Matt will be ready day 1.

I am not a Foles guy but I wouldn't put too much into his comments or on who is getting what reps. Chip's whole philosophy is repetition and not necessarily who the first team is or isn't. Even then if Vick got the majority of the first team reps, it was only mini camp. The next one might be Foles getting the majority. I truly believe Chip when he says there is an open competition. Even if his heart was set on Vick, his injury history alone warrants a real good look at Foles and Barkley to see if they are ready to be the starter.

The way I see this playing out is that Vick will out play the other in camp plus offer Chip the opportunity to run an offense most similar to his Oregon beast. Too enticing for Chip to not try it at least in his first season. Then if Vick doesn't play up to an expected level or when he gets hurt, Barkley steps in (assuming they are eliminated from the playoffs). If Vick goes down with the team doing well and in position to possibly make a playoff run I think Foles gets to start, Barkley is #2, and Vick is let go after the season.

Most national writers I follow sure talk up SF-SEA. Thing about the old rivalries, kids today don't stay interested in bad teams. When was the last time we had a Cowboys fan in here? If a team has a long period of being bad then kids won't follow that team.

True, however there are plenty of teams that have been good (or at least noteworthy) for long enough

Steelers/Ravens
Ravens/Pats
Giants/Pats
Saints/Falcons
Giants/Cowboys (not that the Cowboys are relevant, but let's face it they're mega popular)

The Broncos being in that three way tie was stupid too. Broncos have only been relevant again for one season, and the rest of their division is trash.

Fantomex

I could care less about the NFC West rivalries. What's really missing is superstars. We cared about the Packer and Cowboys back in the day because it was Favre and Reggie vs Emmitt and Aikman. Rams vs Packers is Kaepernick vs who exactly? Or Seattle for that matter. Wilson is still not a superstar.

Again, you lost to Flaccid and the Rats in the postseason. Go sit in the corner.

cdyhybrid

That was me except it was at a sports bar in SFO. Only one other Seahawks fan there. It was glorious. I was worried I was going to get stabbed though.

This list is trash, they completely left out the league's true #1 rivalry --- The New York Jets versus their butts.

Fixed.

I could care less about the NFC West rivalries. What's really missing is superstars. We cared about the Packer and Cowboys back in the day because it was Favre and Reggie vs Emmitt and Aikman. Rams vs Packers is Kaepernick vs who exactly? Or Seattle for that matter. Wilson is still not a superstar.

Wilson is the best QB in the league, my friend.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

NFL Films' @gregcosell agrees with @Rapsheet: "You can take it to the bank" that Brandon Weeden will be Browns' starting QB.

Just keep piling on BG.

BG man it's time to admit defeat. You try to claim the throne and during your fake reign you get our 7th round pick charged for a DUI, you decide that Jason Campbell should be the starter, and lose the respect and admiration of this cat.

Since the triumphant return of the one true king Wes Armonty Bryant has vowed to be better and so far has not got drunk, now Weeden looks like he will be the starting QB.

All that's left is for you to lose Trent Truck in the shirtless draft and you may as well just fall on your sword bro. :(

Fantomex

That was me except it was at a sports bar in SFO. Only one other Seahawks fan there. It was glorious. I was worried I was going to get stabbed though.

Fixed.

Wilson is the best QB in the league, my friend.

Too bad nobody cares. And nobody cares about your stupid team. You guys might as well belong to Russia. And i say that with a great deal of respect and love.

Draxal

Let's be real here.

1. Most national writers are garbage who like to regurgitate crap.
2. Cowboys are the team with the #1 value in the league; Skins are #2 and they have not been factors in years.
3. All teams on Neogaf are plagued with lifelongs, if the cowboys and skins were good we would hear them much much much more often. We have had what 2 seahawks posters here? If the cowboys had any modicum of success, their would drown out the Pats fans here.

Fantomex

Just because your team will be playing in LA soon doesn't make them relevant now!

The Seahawks are a team no one cares about or even remembers. They're like that white spittle that forms on a persons lip. Meaningless and worthless.

"You would be hard-pressed to find an NFL team with a more extensive history of not being interesting than the Seahawks. They played in one of the dullest Super Bowls ever. Their only recent memorable playoff win was notable only because they didn't deserve to be playing in it. It's almost as if the Seahawks go out of their way to not make waves in their hometown because that would distract Seattle natives from other priorities, like opening ANOTHER fucking boutique coffee shop, or adding bike lanes to freeway overpasses, or solving Rosie Larsen's murder. People in Seattle are five times more passionate about the Sonics, and that's because the Sonics no longer exist. The Seahawks will only be adored by hipster Seattleites once Allen sells them to LA and has Qwest Field airlifted to his backyard for private use."

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Let's be real here.

1. Most national writers are garbage who like to regurgitate crap.
2. Cowboys are the team with the #1 value in the league; Skins are #2 and they have not been factors in years.
3. All teams on Neogaf are plagued with lifelongs, if the cowboys and skins were good we would hear them much much much more often. We have had what 2 seahawks posters here? If the cowboys had any modicum of success, their would drown out the Pats fans here.

The Browns and Jags have lifelongs?

This is excellent news for myself and gator.

The Seahawks/Dolphins rivalry is one of intense passion and bitterness that defies traditional conference and divisional boundaries, as evidenced by this very thread.

Top Bottom